PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the body of work of both teams

oumartin
12/1/2008, 09:47 AM
Strictly based on common big 12 opponents.

If you add up the margin of victory of common opponents of both Texas and OU.

OU had an average margin of victory over the common opponents of 23 points
Tex had an average margin of victory over the same opponents of 16.6 points

OU beat common opponents by a total of 148 points - 10 for loss at Texas = 138 total points

Tex beat common opponents by a total of 106 points -6 points against Tech=

Heck even if you wanna give Texas 10 more points for winning on neutral field that only gives them an average margin of victory of 18.3 points per game.

Certainly if it were a 2 way tie in the big 12 south they deserve to go but once they lost that was no longer an argument.

boomersooner28
12/1/2008, 10:14 AM
And thats why there are computers involved. Computers understand that. Idiotic humans with personal agendas don't get it. Hell, the humans don't even know that Texas and Florida have a loss this year....worse losses than us.

TexasLidig8r
12/1/2008, 10:19 AM
Hell, the humans don't even know that Texas and Florida have a loss this year....worse losses than us.

Losing on the next to the last play of the game, in the biggest game played in the opponent's team's history, at that opponent's field in a year in which that team had been pointing to that game, at night? Tech played their most unholiest of unholy jihad game of the year against Texas and arguably, they haven't been the same since. They peaked against us.. and haven't been the same since.

Florida, no one will dispute their loss is the worst among Texas, Oklahoma and Florida.

The Maestro
12/1/2008, 10:22 AM
Lid, I feel your pain and would be pissed if in your shoes. Kudos to showing up and being classy about it. Texas has a right to bitch...just glad your bitching, if any, is not towards OU. Not our fault. Like Stoops said, the system was in place before the system.

boomersooner28
12/1/2008, 10:32 AM
Lid I understand that you were a easy interception away from all of this not even being discussed, however, it was a loss. And you have to agree that we have the best loss, right?

Not that any of this friggin matters....but it's fun. In a sadistic kinda way.

kangsta
12/1/2008, 10:38 AM
Texas could have scored another 38 against atm if they wanted

boomersooner28
12/1/2008, 10:42 AM

Uhhh, Bradford rarely played in the 4th quarter this year.

A-M
12/1/2008, 10:46 AM

Then why didn't they? They sure did everything else they could to get the people to vote for them, why not run up the score if you really can?:D

Dan Thompson
12/1/2008, 10:47 AM
TexasLidig8r

USC said pretty much the same thing.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/1/2008, 11:01 AM
Losing on the next to the last play of the game, in the biggest game played in the opponent's team's history, at that opponent's field in a year in which that team had been pointing to that game, at night? Tech played their most unholiest of unholy jihad game of the year against Texas and arguably, they haven't been the same since. They peaked against us.. and haven't been the same since.

Florida, no one will dispute their loss is the worst among Texas, Oklahoma and Florida.

And not to flame, but I am tired of hearing how it was the last play. Texas only showed up for about 5 minutes in that game. At one point, you were down by 19 and looking like a junior high team against Tech. I give credit though for the come back, it was a great one if it would have held.

Anyways, kudos to you as well and I do feel your pain! I think that the Big XII championship teams need to be reconsidered. Screw the North or South team if they have that many loses. Two best teams in conference at that point.

OUinFLA
12/1/2008, 11:09 AM
And not to flame, but I am tired of hearing how it was the last play. Texas only showed up for about 5 minutes in that game. At one point, you were down by 19 and looking like a junior high team against Tech. I give credit though for the come back, it was a great one if it would have held.

Anyways, kudos to you as well and I do feel your pain! I think that the Big XII championship teams need to be reconsidered. Screw the North or South team if they have that many loses. Two best teams in conference at that point.

problem is..... tech thinks they beat one of those two teams.
still a 3 way mess.
I don't like any tie-breaker that uses the bcs as a guide. too many outside influencial agendas. but, I honestly dont know a better way. Hopefully someone does.
I kinda favor a re-distribution of the conference to East-West. And while they're at it perhaps we could settle on a permanent CCG site. Maybe Dallas?

oumartin
12/1/2008, 11:14 AM
Lid, do you think you would have beaten OU had reynolds stayed in the game?

also, teach your DB's to catch an INT on a critical play.

Sooner1979
12/1/2008, 12:04 PM

Did we watch the same game Lid? I was pretty sure that Tech led the game for 58 minutes, so it can hardly be called a last minute effort...Sure Tech threw a TD to regain the lead in the final seconds, but Texas did not lose that game, Tech won...And yes there is a difference...

Same with the OU/UT game...OU led for the majority of the game and Texas came back to win after our MLB was injured...