PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Will NOT Let Up....!!!

Blues1
12/1/2008, 06:47 AM
JMHO ---This is Far from over - It is starting to look like No Matter what we do in The Big 12 champ game we will be guility of something.

If we win Big over Mizzou -- We will be guillty of running up the score and using "Style Points".

If We win by a small Margin - We will be guilty of "See they are NOT really # 2"

God Forbid we Lose in KC - We will be guilty of "See Texas was right all a Long"
They should have Gone to the Big 12 champ game....

Once again JMHO - But ESPN is doing everything they can do make sure We Don't make it to the National Championship Game -- Don't be Surprised If after the Big 12 champ game We are # 3 or 4 in BSC polls and back at the Fiesta Bowl --- !!!

Hello World - We didn't invent "THE RULES" -- for the tie breaker formula in The Big 12...

This is gonna get Very Messy Before it's over.....

They are calling Coach Stoops Sunday press Conference - "Bob Stoops doing a Selling Job"

I guess our Coach is "Not Allowed" to talk to The Fans of the Oklahoma Sooners...

The War has just Begun --- Get ready for a Battle.....!!!

Everybody -- Keep Rockin'

badger
12/1/2008, 07:05 AM
Hey... maybe if ESPN has Herbie go on again about how Texas should be ahead of Oklahoma, maybe they'll award Texas the Big 12 Championship! :D

Orrrrrr.... not.

boomersoonr7xchamps
12/1/2008, 08:11 AM
I just wanna see Herbie service Mr. Tebow at the 50 yard line of The National Championship....the guy has been talking about how great Florida is all year

DrZaius
12/1/2008, 09:01 AM
This is nothing compared to what will happen next year with ESPN controlling the BCS games thanks to their new BCS contract. It will get more difficult.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/1/2008, 09:05 AM
This is nothing compared to what will happen next year with ESPN controlling the BCS games thanks to their new BCS contract. It will get more difficult.

It's 2 years. I thinks.....:D

SOONER STEAKER
12/1/2008, 09:06 AM
NEWS FLASH, OU IS PLAYING IN THE BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. WE HAVE CONTROL OF OUR DESTINY BY WINNING. IF WE WIN, WE'RE PLAYING FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMOPIONSHIP. THERE IS NOTHING ESPN CAN DO TO STOP THAT MY FRIENDS.

BOOMER SOONER ALL THE WAY TO KC AND MIAMI.

devOUt
12/1/2008, 09:08 AM
We're at our best when it's us against the world.

batonrougesooner
12/1/2008, 09:10 AM
I was listening to Mike and Mike on the radio this morning on my way home from work and they both agree that 1) it was a three way tie and 2) OU is just as deserving of the game as any of the other two.

They also pointed out the elephant in the room that nobody on ESPN is talking about.

You can't claim head to head OU vs TX without considering head to head of TX vs. Tech.

They were very pro OU.

Hot Rod
12/1/2008, 09:21 AM
I was listening to Mike and Mike on the radio this morning on my way home from work and they both agree that 1) it was a three way tie and 2) OU is just as deserving of the game as any of the other two.

They also pointed out the elephant in the room that nobody on ESPN is talking about.

You can't claim head to head OU vs TX without considering head to head of TX vs. Tech.

They were very pro OU.

They must have passed on wearing the blinders that ESPN passed out to everyone else.

tbl
12/1/2008, 09:27 AM
I think ESPN used to lean toward OU (remember all the greatest team in college FB history talk), but considering the past 4 BCS bowls, they have really soured. Regardless, what they're doing is ridiculous. Get over it...

stoopified
12/1/2008, 09:35 AM
All this pity party crying for the Vomit Orange Cows brings to mind an EAGLES song-GET OVER IT/quit your whinig,your crying ,your pitching a fit,and GET OVER IT.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/1/2008, 09:49 AM
EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER HOW ESPN HAS TREATED US THESE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. MR MUSBERGER ESPECIALLY. THEY SHOULD BE GREETED ACCORDINGLY NEXT TIME GAME DAY ARRIVES IN NORMAN

SOONER STEAKER
12/1/2008, 09:53 AM
Give Musburger a bottle of Crown Royal and he'll blow your buddy, in this case, Mack Brown gave him the bottle.

Lou Holtz is in our corner and that just amazes me. THANKS LOU!!!!

Ike
12/1/2008, 09:53 AM
of course they won't let up. The best thing in their eyes (which means more people watching their talking heads) is that we win the CCG, and despite that, Tejas leapfrogs us and goes to the Natl. title game.

Pricetag
12/1/2008, 09:58 AM
Last night Jesse Palmer actually said that OU had the luxury of playing and beating highly-ranked teams late in the season. The luxury. Most ridiculous thing I've heard from those guys.

BTW, there are no such thing as "style points." It's called kicking ***.

Taxman71
12/1/2008, 10:00 AM
ESPN is dead to me. Herbstreit, Fowler, Corso, Musberger, James and Flutie have all ceased being sportscasters and are now advocates.

MojoRisen
12/1/2008, 10:08 AM
You know I was sick about this stuff yesterday up until we saw the KING - did I know for certain we were good to go... I had a feeling with the shake up talk leading up to it.

Good for Mike & Mike - everybody else has a clear friggin biased and should be treated accordingly next Game Day Show....

I honestly believe they rather be welcome in Austin than Norman -because they have better restuarants...

birddog
12/1/2008, 10:09 AM
voters' ballots will be revealed next time. we'll see what's what then.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 10:12 AM
Give Musburger a bottle of Crown Royal and he'll blow your buddy, in this case, Mack Brown gave him the bottle.

Lou Holtz is in our corner and that just amazes me. THANKS LOU!!!!

Lou Holtz is the worst of the bunch...the fact that he is in our corner is not something to be proud of.

badger
12/1/2008, 10:21 AM
Lou Holtz is the worst of the bunch...the fact that he is in our corner is not something to be proud of.

Hey, come on now. When he said Notre Dame would win 12 games he was half right. If he says we'll win the championship he might be half right again!

TexasLidig8r
12/1/2008, 10:23 AM
Ah.. thank you. I bet a friend that there would be at least one, "ESPN HATES US" threads on here. She said, "no way, they are playing for the Big XII, how can they possibly be that delusional."

Oh the things I get to do to.. I mean.. with her...! :D

Thank you again.

MojoRisen
12/1/2008, 10:26 AM
It is a shame Texas couldn't stop Tech and let their QB get beat all to hell against them.... A real shame

TUSooner
12/1/2008, 10:45 AM
EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER HOW ESPN HAS TREATED US THESE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. MR MUSBERGER ESPECIALLY. THEY SHOULD BE GREETED ACCORDINGLY NEXT TIME GAME DAY ARRIVES IN NORMAN

How ****ing stupid and immature are you? You say, "Let's all act like spoiled brats so big mean old ESPN will know they can't mess with us!" Wooooooooo!!!!! You might as well p*ss into the north wind. :rolleyes:

ESPN is doing what ESPN is supposed to do: Talk about sports and controvery and stir up the pot so they can get ratings and everybody can have something to talk about instead of war, death, and the economy. Honestly, what sort of juvenile pea-brains would get all indignant just because sports media guys don't act like they are all on the OU SID's payroll? Book it: If we were in Texas's place, ESPN (or whoever) would be slobbering all over us and bemoaning how we got screwed by an unjust system.

You paranoid wussies are more disturbing than all the talking heads on ESPN put together. Please grow up and shut up before you disgrace the Sooner Nation with your Mackish behavior. :hot: :mad: :hot:

soonerboomer93
12/1/2008, 10:47 AM
I listened to the the opening of Colin Cowherd, and expect a railing against the BCS and OU.

That was not the case at all. He pointed out the difference in the OOC schedule and that OU has beat four top 15 teams. I know he was planning on bashing out defense after his commercial, but I didn't hear it.

SoonerLB
12/1/2008, 10:56 AM
How ****ing stupid and immature are you? You say, "Let's all act like spoiled brats so big mean old ESPN will know they can't mess with us!" Wooooooooo!!!!! You might as well p*ss into the north wind. :rolleyes:

ESPN is doing what ESPN is supposed to do: Talk about sports and controvery and stir up the pot so they can get ratings and everybody can have something to talk about instead of war, death, and the economy. Honestly, what sort of juvenile pea-brains would get all indignant just because sports media guys don't act like they are all on the OU SID's payroll? Book it: If we were in Texas's place, ESPN (or whoever) would be slobbering all over us and bemoaning how we got screwed by an unjust system.

You paranoid wussies are more disturbing than all the talking heads on ESPN put together. Please grow up and shut up before you disgrace the Sooner Nation with your Mackish behavior. :hot: :mad: :hot:

Amen brother! ;)

fresnodog
12/1/2008, 11:03 AM
And if Oklahoma had beaten Texas and Missouri and stayed at home watching them play for Big 12 title and MNC opportunity,there would be no complaining from OU fans. lol.

Taxman71
12/1/2008, 11:24 AM
So, it is fine for ESPN to slam OU because it's their job to get ratings, but people venting on message boards is whining because message boards are for ???????? Thanks for being consistent in your logic guys.

I think everyone knows that 2 of the 3 teams were going to be pi$$ed regardless. We are the fortunate ones.

Jacie
12/1/2008, 08:24 PM
It does make me see CRIMSON to hear about the Texas lovefest during OUr game!

Kinda makes you wonder if Deloss told his money men to go grease some palms to make sure orange is the color of the week at ESPN.

Well, as we normally do, just have to let OUr team on the field do the talking for us.

Unlike the whining that has reached a hurricane-like crescendo because . . .

Texas fans = crybabies

IBleedCrimson
12/1/2008, 08:27 PM
i love this. hopefully the players get pissed off and come in with a major chip on their shoulder and something to prove. cant hurt us

SoonerEmpire
12/1/2008, 08:32 PM
You know... of all the talking heads at ESPN and elsewhere talking about how Texas should be ahead of OU, I wonder how many of those same people would pick texas if we played them again at this point in the season? I predict that NONE of them would pick texas to beat OU right now.

Rocker
12/1/2008, 09:11 PM
On MNF they just had a whorn fan holding up a sign 45-35

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 09:15 PM
Good Lord. Even on MNF Kornholer begs the Big 12 to not let voters outside of the Big 12 to decide the 5th tiebreaker. These azzholes are on a crusade. Also they just said that Herby & Mushberger are doing the game. Gawd, this has got to be totally pizzing our players off. D*&n I'd like to see us come out and stomp an ever loving mudhole in Mizzou in the 1st half like we did to Tech and see what else these ESPN/ABC whiners can b!tch about.

SoonerEmpire
12/1/2008, 09:20 PM
If things keep up this way and we beat Mizzou, Stoops should definitely play up the whole "it's us against the world" card in the NC game. Just like in 2000. I hope it does keep going this way. It will do nothing but fire up our guys and make them feel like they've got something to prove.

Stitch Face
12/1/2008, 09:38 PM
Oh the things I get to do to.. I mean.. with her...!

I call bull****.

SoonerFanInAustin
12/1/2008, 09:50 PM
I just have to say this....the keep OU out the BCS Championship conspiracy....

If we beat Mizzu, and lets say we are #1 in all computer polls. UT is #2 and Fla is #3, across the board.

Then say Fla is 69 and UT 45 pts ahead of us in the Harris Poll and Fla is 85 pts and UT is 37 pts ahead of us in the Coach's Poll. We will be in 3rd Place and not play for it all.

Right now, Fla is ahead of us 50 in the Harris, UT by 6
In the Coach's, we are ahead of UT by 1 and Fla by 12

Of course they can give or take in each poll......

We should have plenty of room considering the word is out that Fla has a small possibility of not even passing UT if they beat Alabama.....but you never know.

jrboomersooner
12/1/2008, 10:00 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that they are talking heads-- its their job to talk. If they approved of everything that went on in sports they wouldn't have a job. Sunshine pumpers are unemployed. Trust me---if texas went to the big 12, the same people would be saying how deserving poor OU was, how they got screwed, how the system needs to be changed blah blah blah. Why do you think shows like PTI or Around the Horn or whatever the name of the show that skip bayless is on- are soo popular?

because of the debate. and thats all this is----something else to debate. it doesn't mean anything.

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 10:00 PM
I just have to say this....the keep OU out the BCS Championship conspiracy....

If we beat Mizzu, and lets say we are #1 in all computer polls. UT is #2 and Fla is #3, across the board.

Then say Fla is 69 and UT 45 pts ahead of us in the Harris Poll and Fla is 85 pts and UT is 37 pts ahead of us in the Coach's Poll. We will be in 3rd Place and not play for it all.

Right now, Fla is ahead of us 50 in the Harris, UT by 6
In the Coach's, we are ahead of UT by 1 and Fla by 12

Of course they can give or take in each poll......

We should have plenty of room considering the word is out that Fla has a small possibility of not even passing UT if they beat Alabama.....but you never know.
I just hope that Bob and our athletic dept. continue to take the high road no matter what happens and don't grovel like Mack and the Texass Athletic department and their fans. I still think that if we beat Mizzou and with the coaches vote being public, that there will be a huge backlash against all this constant ESPN whining.

jwlynn64
12/1/2008, 10:05 PM
Trust me---if texas went to the big 12, the same people would be saying how deserving poor OU was, how they got screwed, how the system needs to be changed blah blah blah.

I'm sure that they would all come on and say that they made a mistake the whole week leading up to the BCS decision. :rolleyes:

oubose
12/1/2008, 10:12 PM
I recall a few weeks ago they said on ESPN (brought to you by hornfans.com) haha!! That Stoop's can't win the big game, although he already did once, they must have forgot. It's our time right now to show the world (I guess I mean texass in there case) were back on top.

Screw mizzou and texass too!!! ESPN SUCKS!!!

GO SOONERS!!!!!!!!!

btk108
12/1/2008, 10:14 PM
Why do the sportswriters conveniently forget that Texas almost lost to OSU on their own field. They should have lost, OSU outplayed them and had more talent. The only thing in favor of Texas was their coach was smarter. Gundy lost that game in the final minutes, not the Cowboys. By the way, the SAME Cowboy team that OU beat by twenty on THEIR home field. Maybe someone ought to make signs of the TEXAS-OSU score if Texas continues to whine.

PLaw
12/1/2008, 10:16 PM
Good Lord. Even on MNF Kornholer begs the Big 12 to not let voters outside of the Big 12 to decide the 5th tiebreaker. These azzholes are on a crusade. Also they just said that Herby & Mushberger are doing the game. Gawd, this has got to be totally pizzing our players off. D*&n I'd like to see us come out and stomp an ever loving mudhole in Mizzou in the 1st half like we did to Tech and see what else these ESPN/ABC whiners can b!tch about.

There is no data driven outcome that would favor the whorns over Tech or OU going to the CCG. Texass needed all of the outside the Big 12 region help they could muster to advance, but in the end the non-emotional computers driven by data leveled the field.

Consider this bit from a good Red Raider friend of mine:

To start with Mike Leach was pretty funny on ESPN today. They talked with Stoopes and he said look at the last 2 weeks against #2 and #11, Brown blabbed about Head-to-Head then they asked Leach.............He said they should make Graduation Rate the tie breaker....... that would be a real blowout (Leach did not make the blowout comment).

Another Criteria to consider?
This year Tech, OU and TU played 4 common opponents here are the results:
Kansas, A&M, OSU and Baylor
Points for Points Against Total
OU - 45 - 66 - 61 - 49 Total = 221 31 - 28 - 41 -17 =117 +104
TT - 63 - 43 - 56 - 35 Total = 197 21 - 25 - 20 - 28 = 94 +103
UT - 35 - 49 - 28 - 45 Total = 157 7 - 9 - 24 - 21 = 61 + 96
Looks like UT should be in the Cotton Bowl to me.

Time to apply a little Mack Brown Logic. OU is in Big 12 Championship that has been determined. According to Mack Brown we should be using head-to-head to break all ties of teams within 4 spots in the BCS! Looks like Mack is saying that Tech deserves the other BCS bid for the Big 12!

Maybe Tech should fly a plane with a banner saying 39-33 over the BCS committee meeting.

BOOMER

SoonerGrad2003
12/1/2008, 10:20 PM

They were very pro OU.

Thanks for posting this...I noticed today online that ESPN's bowl predictions had UT going to the nat'l championship game (at least Mandel's predictions did). So, ESPN is obviously looking to stir up a human poll revolt. So, it is good to see that at least Mike and Mike realize that it is a 3-way tie! And this isn't the preferred method of picking a champion. This is the 5th freakin' tie breaker.

MamaMia
12/1/2008, 10:23 PM
Aside from USC, is there any high profile team they haven't attacked at one time or another? I doubt very seriously that any intelligent person respects the ESPN talking heads. Nobody with any sense takes those idiots seriously. They've proven themselves to be a bunch of whiners. They create things to whine about. Thats their job; Professional whiners.

What do you expect? They're are all a bunch of clowns trying to sell their quota of jock itch cream.

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 10:34 PM
Time to apply a little Mack Brown Logic. OU is in Big 12 Championship that has been determined. According to Mack Brown we should be using head-to-head to break all ties of teams within 4 spots in the BCS! Why the 4 spots? Why not 5 or 6 spots or even the top 10 spots in the BCS for that matter? This whole thing is just tailoring the preset rules to your team's best interest.
Just like Bob said in this type of situation, there's always going to be 2 teams who get the shaft. Hell, if we beat Mizzou basically on the road in KC by 2 or 3 TDs, Mack will somehow try to "politic" the comparison that they beat Mizzou by a ton, albeit on their home field and conveniently leave the home/road facts out of the mix. Just like they conveniently do with the OU/OSU and OSU/Texas scores.

A Sooner in Texas
12/1/2008, 10:44 PM
Guys, it's all about ratings. As long as I've loved the Sooners (a lo-o-o-o-o-ng time), there's always been talk about East Coast/West Coast media bias against the Sooners. When you're at the top, everyone wants to take you down. They're stirring the pot because it keeps the fans riled up and tuned in. And with the state of Texas being so much bigger than Oklahoma, advertisers get much more revenue from the whorn state than from the Sooner State. Keep those whorn fans watching in hopes of a miracle mistake in the BCS rankings and in hopes that all the ESPN talking heads will somehow sway things to their liking...ratings go up and so do ad revenues.

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2008, 11:03 PM
We're at our best when it's us against the world.

No we're not. Every time the world wants us to lose, we lose. They hated us for losing to KSU and still getting into the title game. We lost.

They wanted us to lose against Boise St. because of their Cinderella status. We promptly obliged.

The only time the world has been behind us was when we played FSU for the title. We won that one.

Nothing would make the world happier than for OU to lose to Missouri. And that's what worries me.

Sooner02
12/2/2008, 12:30 AM
Well, irregardless, I'm still smiling, I'm happy, and I'm wearing my Sooner gear everywhere I go this entire month. It doesn't pain me at all to give the finger to them at all, it's a game, and my team keeps winning.