PDA

View Full Version : Questions & scenario's

tbl
12/1/2008, 01:48 AM
Assuming we beat Mizzu and play for the National title and Texas remains number 3 or 4, who would they play and what bowl? At large (Utah) in the Fiesta? Cincinnati?

Assuming we go on to the NCG and beat Florida/Bama, and Texas loses whatever bowl they play in, will the stupid whorns finally shut up? I would think so, but logic escapes a lot of those people so I can see the "well we'd have matched up better, our players weren't up for the game, I'm a dush, etc".

Will anybody here pull the "I root for the conference" crap and be pulling for TX? I've never understood this version of Sooner fan, but I know they're out there. I don't see any way we root for the whorns, given all this crap that's gone on the past couple of weeks.

Regardless of what happens, will anybody even remember this all this crap (provided we win the NC)? Think about all the craziness that went on last year. At the end of the day, there was more than one team wanting a spot in the NCG, but LSU/tOSU made it and nobody talks about anything last year other than LSU winning a title. The fact is, if we just WIN, all will be well and the history books and OU merchandising will show it. Two more games to go, then by the summer of next year, all people will be talking about is Big Game Bob is back, the Sooners 8 championships, blah blah blah. Of course there will be some ESPN ******s that bring it up still (if TX wins their bowl), but I just can't see the consensus being anything other than positive for us... and frankly, I don't give a crap... just so long as we win.

How bad will we beat Texas next year? I don't care what happens, the hate is going to be renewed in full force for next years game (though the whorns may have a little more hate on their side if we get #8). I can't foresee Bob letting that one get by him next year.

tbl
12/1/2008, 01:51 AM
and another thing... had we played Tech close and only beat them by 7, would all this crap be going on right now? Of course it wouldn't help the Sooners, but all the ESPN morons would definitely not be overlooking Tech the way they so obviously are now. Unbelievable...

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 01:54 AM
Ohio State

tbl
12/1/2008, 01:57 AM
Great... So much for them losing their bowl...

vigilantesooner
12/1/2008, 02:00 AM
Considering that it's pretty much agreed around here that OU and TX are probably the two best teams in the country, I hope TX plays a team like Utah, where they can't gain anything at all by winning. If they played the SEC loser, they have plenty to gain.

By the way, I don't get the "conference fans" either, rivalry trumps conference, recruiting definitely trumps conference, and Texas winning is almost always bad for OU.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 02:00 AM
My predictions would be this

National Title

Oklahoma vs Florida

Fiesta Bowl

Texas vs Ohio State

Sugar Bowl

Alabama vs Utah

Rose Bowl

Penn State vs USC

Orange Bowl

Cincinnati vs Boston College

tbl
12/1/2008, 02:31 AM
Gimme OU, TX (gag), Bama, USC BIG, Cincy...