PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Scenario

Readyfor8
12/1/2008, 01:06 AM
Ok, before I write this, I want to make it clear I don't think this will happen. It can happen, and it depends on how ESPN, CBS Sports, and the media at large happen to cover the next week.

If Alabama loses, Texas can be ranked number 1 in the polls after the Big XII title game, the coaches, and Harris can then in good conscience put both Florida and Alabama ahead of OU in the human polls and out weigh the computers, and we would end up in the Fiesta.

If Alabama wins, I don't think this can happen, the Coaches poll will be released as to who voted for whom and there is no way someone can put Texas above Alabama and be taken seriously when they still have that phantom loss on their record.

The other reason to pull for Alabama is so we don't have to play Florida in Miami. Creating Backyard Bowl 14.

So am I paranoid or are we doomed?

boomersooner28
12/1/2008, 01:12 AM
What I've learned from watching college football all of my life and then adding the catastrophe of the BCS is: Expect Anything

I want to hide under a rock the next couple of weeks.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah anything can happen, but I believe Brad Edwards who said we would get the nod today. It's going to be SEC winner vs. OU or UT. Win and we're in - lose and the horns are in (but expect a big USC campaign in that case).