PDA

View Full Version : Two reasons to root for Alabama over Florida

SoonerGOP
12/1/2008, 01:04 AM
Reason #1: They aren't as good as Florida and playing them would be preferable to playing Florida in Miami for the title (should we take care of business in KC).

Reason #2: Those who are currently voting in the Harris & USA Today will have to chose a new #1. Should they decide to vote first place to Texas or Florida instead of us (as the Harris already did to skew the results of our conference title game), it is very possible that the humans COULD vote us out in favor of Texas, who is currently getting ALL the sympathy from the very networks that are covering the game.

Now, I'm not saying it WOULD happen. Just that if there was anyone questioning the proof that the voters were willing to screw us in order to promote Texass, simply look at the margin of votes in both the coaches and Harris.

All that being said, kick Missouri's *** and let's use all the hate for bulletin board material and kick whoever's *** in Miami on January 8, 2009!!!

TopDawg
12/1/2008, 01:08 AM
If the voters are that shady, they don't need a Florida win over Alabama to justify the change...they'll do it anyway.

SoonerGOP
12/1/2008, 01:11 AM
I agree, but my point is that it would provide a better opportunity for them to do it and screw us.

ARW3
12/1/2008, 01:14 AM
Why the love for UF? Bama's better than most people think.

jrboomersooner
12/1/2008, 01:30 AM
im gonna root for florida just cuz the slim (very slim) chance they beat alabama but not bad enough to over take ou or tx, then we get a rematch with texas, beat the crap out of them and shut their whiney pie holes.

longshot i know

(and i know that i should "focus" on the mizzou game too)

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 01:32 AM
next weeks votes are made public

vigilantesooner
12/1/2008, 01:42 AM
I think OU probably matches up better with Bama then Florida, Florida has shown it has a good defense and a great offense, plus they have a run/pass threat for a quarterback. Our only tough games this season were against teams with a run/pass threat. We won't have a problem with Chase this Saturday, because they suck in many other ways, but Florida is a different story.

Meanwhile, Alabama's offense isn't what you'd call stellar and I think our defense will be able to contain them without a whole lot of problem. At the same time, our offense should be able to provide enough success vs. their defense that we get the win, either close or by a blowout.

WA. Sooner
12/1/2008, 02:16 AM
How about just because I like Bama more than florida

tbl
12/1/2008, 02:34 AM
As much of a mess as the ESPN pundits are making of this, I think the voters could be swayed to make an OU/TX rematch. I know its a longshot, but this crap is not letting up.

I wish... Oh how I WISH that would happen.

RedstickSooner
12/1/2008, 03:23 AM
There's no universe in which we get a rematch with Tejas. Obviously, Bama is in if they win. If Florida wins, with how well they've played since that early season loss, there's no way they stay out.

It's absolutely true that a Bama win hurts us, though -- and I think it's wishful thinking to expect voters wouldn't find it easier to vote Texas higher if alabama lost than they would otherwise.

Only the truly manipulative and intellectually bankrupt will vote a one loss over a zero loss national powerhouse, and those asshats have already shown their hands. They won't be getting any additional converts, because most voters, in spite of their lemming worthlessness, honestly believe that they vote based on who is the best team.

And nobody in their right mind can say Texas has shown it deserves a ranking above a zero loss Alabama. The only way you can make that vote is if you're deliberately trying to skew the system. Most voters won't be comfortable doing so, and no amount of politicking is going to change that.

But, you let Bama lose, and it opens the floodgates for sissies that want to manipulate the vote, but aren't cynical or honest enough to do it in such an obvious way.

vigilantesooner
12/1/2008, 03:30 AM
It's absolutely true that a Bama win hurts us, though

You mean a Bama loss hurts us, right? This is an angle I hadn't thought of before, but they could certainly get a fair number of "1"s if this happened, and what's sad is the voters who did this would be operating under the ESPN driven idea that they'd be correcting a potential "travesty".

badger
12/1/2008, 05:34 AM
I would like the idea of two traditional powers competing... plus, Florida just won it a few seasons ago and I'd rather they stick with one crystal ball and we go for another :D

Okla-homey
12/1/2008, 06:09 AM
We and Flawda played a D-1AA team (us UT-C, they The Citadel). UA didn't.

A few years ago when they went undefeated, having a D-IAA team on the schedule was the kiss of death for Auburn.