PDA

View Full Version : If Texas Had Gone?

iknowyoudidnt
12/1/2008, 12:36 AM
My apologies if this has been brought up before, I've had trouble keeping up with the site today since it's often lagged.

So, lets say our tie breaker was more like other conferences, allowing Texas to go to KC instead of us, even if we're ranked higher in the BCS. You can't gain BCS points for beating the same team twice, right? Is it possible Texas could win that game and still not pass us in the BCS, allowing us into the national championship game?

kelloggOUballa
12/1/2008, 12:39 AM
The computers would likely hold up in that situation, but the human polls would swing heavily in Texas' favor if that were to happen. But thankfully it is us in Kansas City. BOOMER!

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 12:44 AM
texas would get it

TopDawg
12/1/2008, 12:45 AM
I thought about that a little bit today too.

It would certainly be possible that they could hurt their own SOS enough to knock them down a few spots in the computer polls, but kellogg's right...several of the voters who had us ranked ahead of texas would likely drop us below them once they won the conference championship...and it would almost certainly compensate for any computer losses they would've suffered.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 12:49 AM
well, is it going to hurt our strength of schedule?

StoopTroup
12/1/2008, 12:50 AM
It just doesn't matter anyway.

Many whorn fans are just now coming into the "What If" scenarios as they probably thought they'd be picked solely on the Head to Head and their hatred for all things Sooner. Add to that the smack talk of our last Bowl Performances and you have quite a lot of fruit salad rolling around in their skulls.

Once the gelatin in the salad is set...you might as well slice it up and serve it cold to them IMO.