PDA

View Full Version : Please recognize the Missouri game...

Soonerus
12/1/2008, 12:00 AM
...will be a handful, tough game....we had better be ready or the bubble will burst...

Soonerus
12/1/2008, 12:11 AM
bump, don't forget this...

SoonerKnight
12/1/2008, 12:11 AM
Is the tough part getting 60 before the half or in the middle of the third?........

Soonerus
12/1/2008, 12:15 AM
Hey, I have traveled to KC with OU as a prohibitive favorite (2003) and left disappointed....

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 12:16 AM
Yep, I'm sure the coaches will be right back at work tomorrow and will have put all the big12/BCS in the rear view mirror. BV and staff especially have work to do with Box going down. The thing that scares me about Mizzou is I think part of their problem has been tightening up with so much on the line. #1 rating and Heisman votes and all that stuff. I'm sure they want the big12 title, but I see them playing looser than last year and having that "we have nothing to lose" attitude. I still have night terrors from the '03 CCG :eek:

tooslow
12/1/2008, 12:21 AM
Good call. I was thinking a few hours earlier that this eerily reminds me of the epic KSU meltdown. Mizzou will be playing with nothing to lose, because, well, they have absolutely nothing to lose. 2 games Bob. Hell, get your brother to talk to the team if need be. I'm not sure if I can live through yet another post-season upset.

SoonerKnight
12/1/2008, 12:25 AM
I think OU comes into this game ready to play!!! Just like they did against Tech and I do not believe that Sam is going to let the team come out soft!!!!

SoonerObsession
12/1/2008, 12:37 AM
I'll make sure to be just as nervous about this game as I am for the others. Thanks for reminding me so that I can be on my game! ;)

Widescreen
12/1/2008, 12:40 AM
The thing that scares me about Mizzou is I think part of their problem has been tightening up with so much on the line. #1 rating and Heisman votes and all that stuff.

Like how they tightened up with their entire season on the line against mighty KU? :D

As a fan, I'm having a difficult time getting worked up about this Mizzou team. While they're the underdog, this is Daniel's last chance at a championship. I fully expect him to be pressing.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 12:46 AM
This might be Chase last chance, but

Sammy is think other things, Heisman

olevetonahill
12/1/2008, 12:50 AM
Anyone wanta to Put a 100 Bucks
I say OU wins By 21 ;)
One time Bet one Call .

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 12:52 AM
63-21 sooners

tommieharris91
12/1/2008, 12:56 AM
I'm looking for something like...

OU 70
Mizzou 35

SoonerBacker
12/1/2008, 01:11 AM
...will be a handful, tough game....we had better be ready or the bubble will burst...

I learned my lesson about the Weauxf gods last week. Don't want to get them riled up again going into KC!

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 01:12 AM
I'm not saying MU will play better with less on the line, just saying it's a wildcard. I wouldn't put any money on MU, but I'm not buying tickets to Miami either.

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2008, 01:14 AM
This does seem like KSU from time's past. Ugh.

We had better be ready for a tough night.

mfosterftw
12/1/2008, 01:24 AM
Opening line is between -14.5 and -16.5, with an O/U averaging 79 depending on the book. Florida is -10 vs. Alabama.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 01:26 AM
I'm ready for a great saturday of football, I'll be so damn tanked after the game, then we can all go home and cheer for Cincinnati over Hawaii !!!

tbl
12/1/2008, 01:28 AM
As long as the players and coaches are geared up and not overlooking, all will be well...

I'm still nervous as mess though. I tend to take the pessimistic approach to games. I used to not be that way, but I've been conditioned by the recent Sooner history to not get optimistic.

adoniijahsooner
12/1/2008, 07:19 AM
Yep, I'm sure the coaches will be right back at work tomorrow and will have put all the big12/BCS in the rear view mirror. BV and staff especially have work to do with Box going down. The thing that scares me about Mizzou is I think part of their problem has been tightening up with so much on the line. #1 rating and Heisman votes and all that stuff. I'm sure they want the big12 title, but I see them playing looser than last year and having that "we have nothing to lose" attitude. I still have night terrors from the '03 CCG :eek:

Maybe I am just being ridiculous, but Sam Bradford has a different disposition than Jason White, which I believe makes him a better leader than JW. It seemed that whenever things got rough for Jason he would get all glazed eyed, as if he didnt know what to do next; but sam seems to say "**** it, we are not going to lose this game." Even against Texas he had a career day with 5 touchdowns. Missouri will have to play perfect, to not get beat by 35 points saturday.

SoonerJack
12/1/2008, 09:18 AM
I think MU will play us tough for a while but their stupidity and arrogance will overpower them. Chase Daniels made some really stupid passes during the KU game. I look for him to repeat this behavior Saturday night. Additionally, MU's secondary is horrible. I'm looking forward to Sam torching them for several.

Tiptonsooner
12/1/2008, 09:29 AM
All of that may happen, but if Darren Sproles shows up, I'm leaving.

sooneron
12/1/2008, 09:32 AM
I have not liked this game since we beat them last year. They will really want to play the spoiler.
On the flipside, their OC just took a job offer to be HC at Wyoming, for some reason.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 09:36 AM
Mizzou don't like us too much, they would love to knock us off after losing twice to us last year. Maybe a pretty close game. Sam's hurt left hand might be a factor, he put it on the floor twice on Saturday. I say the Sooners win by about 14, could be a blow out but I'm not counting on it.

Boomer Sooner

stoopified
12/1/2008, 09:40 AM
OU 42,MU 21 and on to Miami.I'm a fan,I can take the Pus...I mean Tigers for granted because I KNOW Bob and the Sooners won't.

ruf/nekdad
12/1/2008, 09:52 AM
Yep. The chances of me being asked to suit up are pretty slim. Therefore I don't have to recognize anything...Sooners by 40 with Halzle playing the 4th and Booger biting the dust numerous times.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 11:14 AM
The offense has been killer all year and if they continue, Mizzou will not be able to match it. Sam's thumb may force every play to be out of the gun which will hurt some. Anything that slows down offenses would be in Mizzou's favor, but right now the weather forecast looks good in KS (long way out though)