PDA

View Full Version : Dear ESPN (and other media-types)

SeattleOUstudent
11/30/2008, 11:47 PM
the University of Oklahoma has done nothing but win football games since losing to UT. We get it. UT thinks they got hosed. Tech kinda feels the same way. Your beef is with the Big 12, not our University.

**** off and leave OU out of your argument. Blame the Big 12. plskthx:texan:

SCOUT
11/30/2008, 11:49 PM
Not gonna happen but I appreciate your spirit!

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 11:53 PM
If we don't step up and prove the media wrong this year, we get what we deserve. We've blown it the last four times we've hit the big stage. We need to make a statement this year, I hope we kill Missouri and go into the NC as the underdog, then take care of business. That will right a lot of perceptions of our program and help us shake this "Chokelahoma" moniker.

SeattleOUstudent
11/30/2008, 11:58 PM
Agreed. winning the championship will burn UT sooooo freakin bad.

SeattleOUstudent
12/1/2008, 01:07 PM
frickin ESPN.

bri
12/1/2008, 01:12 PM
Dear Media, Pollsters, and Texas,

Yes, you're absolutely right. The system IS broken. Because you broke it with your politicking, voter fraud, and outright collusion to try and generate the result you desired instead of letting the system actually work without your blatant interference. So shut your f*cking pieholes and enjoy watching the most exciting team in America f*ck some bitches up. :D

Signed,
Us

Blues1
12/1/2008, 01:37 PM
Dear Media, Pollsters, and Texas,

Yes, you're absolutely right. The system IS broken. Because you broke it with your politicking, voter fraud, and outright collusion to try and generate the result you desired instead of letting the system actually work without your blatant interference. So shut your f*cking pieholes and enjoy watching the most exciting team in America f*ck some bitches up. :D

Signed,
Us

Amen -- Sign Me Up ---- Ready for Battle ~~~~ :D

Stoop Dawg
12/1/2008, 01:56 PM
So shut your f*cking pieholes and enjoy watching the most exciting team in America f*ck some bitches up.

No doubt. All "logic" aside, who wouldn't rather see the score-fest generated by OU's awesome O and craptastic D over a boring UT game?

Can you imagine a Bama/UT NC game? What a snoozer.

bri
12/1/2008, 02:02 PM
Jaysus, that would suck. It'd be as exciting as a paper football game in the conference room, punctuated by random elderly boosters waking up from their naps to yell about the damn "darkies" and how they miss the good old days. :D

OUMallen
12/1/2008, 02:08 PM
Dear ESPN (and other media-types)-

We have the BCS system mainly due to outrage over the traditional bowl system and unacceptable levels of ignorance, agenda-setting, favoritism, and overal subjectivism in the traditional poll rankings. Guess who was the mouthpiece for that: y'all.

I don't understand why you're so mad when we got exactly what we wanted: objective measurements (to mitigates the knee-jerk, subjective, myopic pollsters) combined with human savvy (that tempers the lack of intuition by computers) to end up with a ranking system.

We used it to pick #1 and #2 at the end of the year so we can have super-sweet interconference matchups that would otherwise never occur. Stop freaking out when the Big XII uses it as a 5th tiebreaker.

:les: THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED! THIS IS WHAT WE HAD PLANNED!!!! :les:

Signed,
OUMallen

Tiger6
12/1/2008, 02:12 PM
Just posted this on ESPN chat with Mark Schlaback

Tuck (Oklahoma): Quite ironic that Texas isn't screaming head-to-head to see who gets the Fiesta Bowl slot between them and Texas Tech, dont you think? They only scream it when it benefits them.

SportsNation Mark Schlabach: (2:10 PM ET ) Texas Tech played two FCS opponents and got blown out at Oklahoma. I argued that took them out of the equation. Texas was just as deserving as Oklahoma...

What a **** poor argument.

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 02:17 PM
Unfortunately ESPN is conveniently forgetting that this is a 3 way tie and not a 2 way tie and trying to stir-the-pot. They're also conveniently forgetting that without us winning our last 2 games against the #2 and #11 teams in the nation, Texas would still be idle next week.
I sure hope we get Griese/Nessler next Saturday night and not Herbstreit and Mushberger as, just like they did last Saturday Night, the Herbstreit/Mushberger duo seem to go off on too many long tangents and forget about the game at hand. While Nessler and Griese may bring up side-topics, they're usually short and to the point and they immediately (& professionally) return to broadcasting the game.

Tiger6
12/1/2008, 02:19 PM
Tuck (Oklahoma): So OU should have beat Tech to keep them 'in the argument'. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds??

SportsNation Mark Schlabach: (2:14 PM ET ) I don't understand your question...

Tuck (Oklahoma): Meant to put "by less".

SportsNation Mark Schlabach: (2:15 PM ET ) No, but when you've played two non-conference games against FCS opponents and beat Nevada....you don't have much of an argument against Texas or Oklahoma.

Stoop Dawg
12/1/2008, 02:24 PM
when you've played two non-conference games against FCS opponents and beat Nevada....you don't have much of an argument against Texas or Oklahoma.

How about "head-to-head"?

OUMallen
12/1/2008, 02:34 PM
Tuck (Oklahoma): So OU should have beat Tech to keep them 'in the argument'. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds??

SportsNation Mark Schlabach: (2:14 PM ET ) I don't understand your question...

Tuck (Oklahoma): Meant to put "by less".

SportsNation Mark Schlabach: (2:15 PM ET ) No, but when you've played two non-conference games against FCS opponents and beat Nevada....you don't have much of an argument against Texas or Oklahoma.

Well, by that logic, strength of schedule is a factor. Why is it a factor for TECH/UT but can't be for OU/UT?

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 02:34 PM
SportsNation Mark Schlabach: (2:10 PM ET ) Texas Tech played two FCS opponents and got blown out at Oklahoma. I argued that took them out of the equation. Texas was just as deserving as Oklahoma... I've heard the arguments that a conference tie-breaker should be decided within the confernce and have nothing to do with national BCS rankings.
If you take our OOC strength of schedule wins (Cincy/TCU) out of the tiebreaker, then you've got to take Tech's FCS opponents out of the equation as well. In any event, there's no fair way to determine a 3 way tiebreaker. The system is the system, and imo, our OOC wins against Cincy & TCU plus the timely wins of Nebraska over Colorado & Kansas over Mizzou , as well as us beating No. 11 OSU vs Texas beating bottom-feeder aTM on the last weekend, put us over the top. If Texass has a b!tch, it should be against aTm for sucking this year. Wow, more pressure on us to win against Mizzou. Brad Edwards is saying if we lose in KC, Texas is in over USC in BCS NC game. Huge, Huge game for us to take care of business & not cough it up.

OUMallen
12/1/2008, 02:39 PM
The intellectual dishonesty is astounding.

bri
12/1/2008, 04:07 PM
Well, by that logic, strength of schedule is a factor. Why is it a factor for TECH/UT but can't be for OU/UT?

Because Mike Leach is a happy drunk and didn't spend the past week flapping his yellow-stained plumage at anyone with a microphone or pen?

KingBarry
12/1/2008, 04:35 PM
Brad Edwards is saying if we lose in KC, Texas is in over USC in BCS NC game. Huge, Huge game for us to take care of business & not cough it up.

Any chance that if OU loses to Mizzou, ESPN could wind up with USC versus Texas for all the marbles? That IS their wetdream.

bri
12/1/2008, 04:39 PM
No, not unless they either arrange a meteor strike on the Georgia Dome Saturday night or orchestrate five times the voter fraud they did last week. And as all-powerful as the WWL likes to think they are, I don't think even they can pull that one off.

stoopified
12/1/2008, 05:39 PM
Agreed. winning the championship will burn UT sooooo freakin bad.
The explosion will be so big that mushroom cloud will rise over Austin.

bri
12/1/2008, 06:12 PM
Good. Maybe it'll burn some of the patchouli stink off the unwashed hippies.

:texan: STEREOTYPES, FTW!! :D

SeattleOUstudent
12/1/2008, 07:35 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1001/45/66/9610739/n9610739_38406377_1346.jpg

MamaMia
12/1/2008, 07:42 PM
insert SoonerBackers numbers here...

tommieharris91
12/1/2008, 07:42 PM
Any chance that if OU loses to Mizzou, ESPN could wind up with USC versus Texas for all the marbles? That IS their wetdream.

Heck, there's a chance Florida won't make the NCG because they won't pass Texass in the computer rankings. I'd expect more politiking from the Texass crowd for this reason.