PDA

View Full Version : To the mod trying to clean up the football board...

Sooner_Havok
11/30/2008, 11:41 PM
I applaud your effort. I do not however envy your task.

Good luck with that :D

GottaHavePride
11/30/2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the server is backed up, and keeps triple-posting threads. And every time I try to merge them together or delete a couple I get "Invalid Action Specified".

Stupid intarwubs.

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 11:45 PM
We could prolly make the job easier in the future by limiting the number of nOObs allowed in any given period of time. :D

please!

Sooner_Havok
12/1/2008, 12:25 AM
We could prolly make the job easier in the future by limiting the number of nOObs allowed in any given period of time. :D

please!

Or bring back the post limit on starting new threads. Didn't you used to have like 100 posts before you could start a new thread?

Sooner_Havok
12/1/2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, the server is backed up, and keeps triple-posting threads. And every time I try to merge them together or delete a couple I get "Invalid Action Specified".

Stupid intarwubs.

I would have thought the multi posts are the result of people hitting the submit button multiple times. As long as you hit submit 30 seconds after you first hit it, wouldn't it post the same thing again twice? It has taken a while for some of my posts to register, but I refrain from clicking submit again.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 12:28 AM

Stupid intarwubs.

Series of tubes -- 1
GHP -- 0

Soonerus
12/1/2008, 12:32 AM
Good job guys...

GottaHavePride
12/1/2008, 01:21 AM
I would have thought the multi posts are the result of people hitting the submit button multiple times. As long as you hit submit 30 seconds after you first hit it, wouldn't it post the same thing again twice? It has taken a while for some of my posts to register, but I refrain from clicking submit again.

Anymore there's usually a safeguard - gives you a little "This thread is a duplicate of one you posted within the last 5 minutes..." warning.

olevetonahill
12/1/2008, 01:40 AM
Anymore there's usually a safeguard - gives you a little "This thread is a duplicate of one you posted within the last 5 minutes..." warning.

Yup
So Bain the nOObs and Bandwagon Fans from startin new threads .;)

Sooner_Havok
12/1/2008, 02:12 AM

hmmm, I think I know the guy who could fix all these problems if he was given Mod powers