PDA

View Full Version : College Football Live.... 9:15 Central ... ESPN

JLEW1818
11/30/2008, 09:31 PM
Lets take fun votes now.

What does Dr. Lou say?

What does Mark May say?

What does R. Davis say?

Not that I care really, but it should be fun because one of them will throw a Temper Tantrum.

Feels good to be a sooner :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blues1
11/30/2008, 09:39 PM
Holtz will be on OUR Side --- Mark May will ask for a recount -- :)

jwlynn64
11/30/2008, 09:40 PM
Dr. Lou had our backs last night. Probably will result in not getting his contract renewed next year.

Mark May had an obvious woody for Mack's politicking that was disturbing and shameful.

JLEW1818
11/30/2008, 09:40 PM
Yep I think May is gonna throw a fit .... and end up saying screw both ut and ou let USC PLAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerTroll
11/30/2008, 09:43 PM
Holtz backs OU
May gets angry and backs Texass
Davis smiles, giggles, changes subject

UncleFester
11/30/2008, 10:34 PM
I've watched the first 20 minutes, and it's four analysts who are all completely off base. It's all about the injustice to Texas and how the Sooners goosed votes on style points...but glossing over the fact that the Sooners lost the campaign for coaches and Harris votes over the weekend. As we all know, it was the cold calculus of computers is what counted this weekend.

SoonerStormchaser
11/30/2008, 10:36 PM
The rooster sucking of Texass is continuing...don't watch it...I'll take the frag for all you peeps:

1. Mark May: Texass got hosed...they beat OU head to head...
2. Mushedbooger is stating that the computers need to go away from the BCS polls because they are picking the wrong team.
3. Jesse Palmer is ready to cry and says OU has no business playing Mizzou.

noobalicious
11/30/2008, 10:38 PM
They showed a graphic that said Texas would advance in every other conference's tiebreaker except the Big XII. Then Desmond Howard and the idiot host basically cried for 5 minutes about how Texas was jobbed. Then Jesse Palmer said he likes the SEC Tiebreaker.

They all go on and on about how the Big XII needs to re-evaluate their tiebreaker.

Then Brent Musberger launches into a 10 minutes speech about how Texas should go even though he begins with "I'd flip a coin".

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

ESPN continues to be a massively biased forum for the Texas brass. Disgusting...

Blues1
11/30/2008, 10:39 PM
Holy Crap --- Why don't they call this program "Why we all Hate OU"

hgarmorer
11/30/2008, 10:39 PM
Brent you are turd. USC seriously? F them

nBoSTP
11/30/2008, 10:40 PM
This is horrible. They are promoting USC TEXAS anybody but Oklahoma.

swardboy
11/30/2008, 10:42 PM
I am so hoping we destroy the next two teams we face.

swardboy
11/30/2008, 10:43 PM
I am so hoping we destroy the next two teams we face.

hgarmorer
11/30/2008, 10:44 PM
Damn it continues. I hope we win the next games by 50 points and texass is handed their a$$

BigRedJed
11/30/2008, 10:45 PM
I think you should post that twice for emphasis.

Soonerus
11/30/2008, 10:45 PM
Very poor coverage....

Blues1
11/30/2008, 10:46 PM
Poor Usc ---- this is most crap program on College Football I have ever watched......!!!!

SoonerTroll
All i know is that assuming we beat the tigers this saturday, we better win the national championship or keep it close. If we go out and lay an egg this will be a perfect OU bashing storm...

UncleFester
Good grief - both Jesse Palmer and Brent Musberger thinks the way to break a three-team tie is to find something like point differential -- and use that to flake off one team and THEN do a head-to-head on what's left.

Under that scenario, Stoops probably has to let Tech score four or five times in the fourth quarter so that OU can win an eventual tiebreaker square-off against Tech -- and avoid the one against Texas.

TOTALLY insane jibber-jabber is in store for us this week.

SoonerStormchaser
11/30/2008, 10:48 PM
Let's say that OU wins the NC game and Texass wins their bowl game...should Texass be named a Co-National Champ?

Are you ****ing serious?

noobalicious
11/30/2008, 10:48 PM
They don't care that this is a 3-way tie. The word head to head should not ever come up. 3 teams with identical records and a circle of death. No matter who got put into the Big XII CCG, another team would have an argument that they "won head to head".

It's not the Big XII's job to soothe everyone's feelings. They need to put in the most deserving representative. Based on the ENTIRE BODY OF WORK (the only way to solve the issue), OU is the clear winner.

Listening to ESPN you'd assume it was a 2-way tie and that the only tiebreaker was BCS ranking. It's unbelievable.

hgarmorer
11/30/2008, 10:49 PM
My gut hurts listening to all the garbage. Blackledge is out of his damn mind

Blues1
What Prople "Think" ----- Who gives a S*&( ~~~~ !

hgarmorer
NEXT UP TO BASH THE SOONERS...

colinreturn
11/30/2008, 10:51 PM
lets kill em.

Sooner98
11/30/2008, 10:51 PM
My gosh, watching this "Texas got screwed!!!1" extravaganza is almost making me feel guilty about going to KC next week. Desmond Howard is the only one out of 7 or 8 pundits who agrees that OU belongs, and even he disagrees with the Big 12 tiebreaker. I really hope this is pissing Stoops and our players off, to no end.

Blues1
11/30/2008, 10:52 PM
The great usc Defense --- "The One that Lost to Oregon State" -- :)

1890MilesToNorman
11/30/2008, 10:54 PM
We need to add one more bowl game to the schedule - The PantyWaste Bowl - , Texas and USC can play in the first one.

SoonerTroll
Lets be honest. If you listen to them talk, how they know everything about college football and no one pays enough attention it's easy to see what they want. THEY WANT TO DECIDE EVERTHING!!! They already have the BCS coming in 2011 and they want to decide what teams can go!

hgarmorer
I'm glad you said "almost feel guilty". I saw F'em all. The system was in place before the season started and no one seemed to care.

Ah crap now Flutie is talking, maybe he'll mention his nephew again. I heard he plays somewhere

cheezyq
11/30/2008, 10:55 PM
I know this will probably sound silly to some, but I've decided last night that I'm going to personally boycott ESPN and all ESPN affiliates. I was never on the conspiracy bandwagon when it came to the media bias thing. I've never felt that way despite the ND talk during the Tulsa game last year, the Colt McCoy love-ins, the Mark May rants, the "cutting over to a more competitive game" crap that ABC always does during OU games, and all other potential reasons to cry foul. But after this UT fun-fest that had ESPN waging an all-out media war against OU, I've changed my mind permanently.

Fortunately, I don't have anything that I like to see on ABC from a programming standpoint, and I'll be at the Big 12 championship in person. All the BCS Bowl games are on Fox this year, so I'll be able to watch the MNC game (assuming we're in it). I'm sure that it'll be a bit painful to miss OU basketball and other games that appear on ESPN but, silly or not, I refuse to watch another second of ESPN programming.

I'd encourage others to do the same, but I'm sure it would come across as whining. I'd rather not have a reputation that's anything close to a Whorn. Heck, maybe this personal boycott will motivate me to attend more of OU's games personally. :D

UncleFester
11/30/2008, 10:58 PM
What I'm looking for STILL is a good explanation about why the BCS ranking isn't a good three-way tiebreaker. If the conference wants to plant a team in the BCS title game, isn't this rather simple to understand?

If you look at points differential, common opponents' records, cheerleader pregancies...that can be just as random, peripheral and judgmental (as in what's the right criteria).

SoonerStormchaser
The way ESPN is bashing us...you'd think we went in and raped, murdered and pillaged the whole state of Texas.

birddog
i always thought the bcs was designed to look at the complete body of work for each team but espn made it clear that we screwed texas because we lost to them, no matter what happened the rest of the season.

looks like it's us against the world, as usual.

BOOMER SOONER!!! F'EM ALL!!

soonerboomer93
11/30/2008, 11:01 PM
Jessie Palmer brought up the that the Pac-10 has a better tie breaker, and then said it wouldn't work because it would have put OU in the game still.

And whine about computer bias, and basically saying that politicing was okay and no one should complain about changed cotes.

Partial Qualifier
11/30/2008, 11:01 PM
They so effortlessly write off Tech in this argument. Which is fine for the NC argument -- sure, for all practical purposes, they're out -- but we're talking about a conference championship game, not the nc game.

The Big 12's method of sorting out a 3-way tie is poorly designed, I'll give them that. What I have a problem with is how these guys have suddenly forgotten how late losses affect championship runs (i.e., they kill championship hopes). Always have until this year! Oops, did we miss the memo? Thank goodness the computers aren't swayed by politics.

The computers actually did what they're supposed to do: keep the polls honest. In this case, it was negating the media's attempt to force-fit their flawed "season is the playoff" ideal onto the Big 12 South.

Musberger actually had some good points -- until he said "Point differential within the division should decide a 3-way tie". Ok Brent, Sure. Let's run up scores on all our division opponents, that's a GREAT idea. Then he totally lost me with his "Oh, I really really RILLY feel sad for USC...."

Desmond Howard is like Dean Blevins: he can take 5 minutes to say absolutely nothing. I mean, words are coming out of his mouth but when he's finished, those words didn't amount to a damn thing.

Chris Fowler: someone get this guy the number of a good therapist. "I feel so hollow. . . " Give me a ****ing break.

On second thought, all of ABC and ESPN can go **** themselves.

We HAVE TO WIN these next two games . . . C'mon SOONERS !

Tulsa_Fireman
11/30/2008, 11:02 PM
AP Poll - Members of the media that have as an assembly voted the University of Oklahoma the 4th ranked team in the nation.

Harris poll - Members of the media and assorted legacy players that have as an assembly voted the University of Oklahoma the 4th ranked team in the nation.

ESPN - Media outlet that have as an assembly tried to affect the vote to place the University of Oklahoma as the 4th ranked team in the nation.

All of the above - Subjective blowjobs that have as an assembly placed the University of Oklahoma as the 4th ranked team in the nation.

Now, flip the coin...

USA Today poll - Members of the collegiate coaching ranks that are, according to their respective hiring universities, the true compensated experts in their field, have as an assembly voted the University of Oklahoma the 2nd ranked team in the nation.

The 6 BCS computer polls - The only non-subjective aspect of collegiate football's polling system that is used as a whole to determine one-third of the overall ranking in the Bowl Championship Series, has as an assembly voted the University of Oklahoma the number one ranked team in the nation.

Coin flip. Call it in the air.

Heads, objectivity and the gauged opinions of experts in their respective trade?

Or tails, a bunch of asses in suits that make retarded nicknames, have lazy eyes that are cooler than the other side of the pillow, that declare the number 5 team in the nation should have a shot at playing in the championship, and never seemed to manage a 100 yard game with that journalism degree?

noobalicious
11/30/2008, 11:06 PM
Amazing how many of these ESPN guys are coming out and flat out saying "this is wrong".

I hope we don't get jobbed even if we win.

Soonerus
11/30/2008, 11:09 PM
These guys are idiots they talk about Texas most of the night then admit at the end of the show the best two teams are OU and Florida...weird...

birddog
11/30/2008, 11:11 PM
seems fine to me. the computers jam all the info in and spit out some crap. they see that texas lost too. doesn't matter how, when, or why. if they'd been undefeated and we jumped em, different story. but the computer sees we had much better wins throughout the year and we saw the results of that.

i love seeing texas get screwed. brings a tear to my eye.

Blues1
Does all this Crap 'Help College Football" ~~~ ? -- No it Hurts it ---

When we Win The National Championship they will even hate us even more ---- The Best we can Hope For is for Texas to get slaughtered in thier Bowl Game....And Penn State to Beat usc in the Rose Bowl -- That Great Defense of "All Time" ----- :(

RacerX
There's a country song in there somewhere.

GrapevineSooner
11/30/2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I really never bought into the ESPN hates us. I still don't think they do.

But it's clear that after the groundswell of support for OU surfaced after last Saturday's blowout against Texas Tech, the WWL felt some kind of moral imperative to not just report on this controversy, but do their damndest to shape it and tell everybody with a voice in the process (i.e. Coaches and Harris Poll voters) how to vote.

What really pisses me off is that they offered both Stoops and Mack the opportuntity to politick while the other team was making their case on the field. This would be like allowing the prosecution to make it's closing argument while allowing the defense a rebuttal right in the middle of their argument.

It's shameless and low brow, IMO, and simply done for the sake of ratings.

RacerX
11/30/2008, 11:13 PM
I hope we don't get jobbed even if we win.

There's one more BCS poll on the horizon before bowl assignments.

This isn't over.

ratedrsuperstar
11/30/2008, 11:14 PM
I sure hope we don't let Missouri sneak up on us !

This will be the 3rd game in a row against a good team and as we all know, it is hard to keep the guys up every week. If you don't think so, ask Texas.

chad
11/30/2008, 11:17 PM
Good grief - both Jesse Palmer and Brent Musberger thinks the way to break a three-team tie is to find something like point differential -- and use that to flake off one team and THEN do a head-to-head on what's left.

Under that scenario, Stoops probably has to let Tech score four or five times in the fourth quarter so that OU can win an eventual tiebreaker square-off against Tech -- and avoid the one against Texas.

TOTALLY insane jibber-jabber is in store for us this week.

Why not use another stat to determine the South winner?

Oh...it's cause OU wins all of those arguments. :rolleyes:

Number of BCS Top 20 teams beaten:
OU- 4
UT- 3
TT- 2

Number of Bowl Teams Beaten:
OU- 6
UT- 5
TT-5

Significant Road Win:
OU- 1
UT- 1/2 (Neutral site tends to only count as 1/2)
TT- 0

Summation of Margin of victory of all common opponents (OSU, Baylor, A&M, Kansas) this is what it sounds like was suggested above
OU: 114
UT: 96
Tech: 103

on the qt
11/30/2008, 11:20 PM
Now, flip the coin...

The 6 BCS computer polls - The only non-subjective aspect of collegiate football's polling system that is used as a whole to determine one-third of the overall ranking in the Bowl Championship Series, has as an assembly voted the University of Oklahoma the 2nd ranked team in the nation.

the computer polls put oklahoma as first in the nation.

weldonmbc
11/30/2008, 11:20 PM
Stoops made a great point in his press conference today when he said that everyone wants to remove tech from the equation because of how bad we beat them... saying essentially that people want to penalize us for winning too big over tech. What if we'd beaten Tech by 1 at home? How far would they have fallen? Desmond said on Gameday before the game that OU would have to win by double digits for him to rank OU over tech even after an OU victory. It's my guess that Tech would not have fallen more than a couple of spots and could have even remained higher than us. Using the Big 12 or any other tie breaker in that scenario, Tech would win the tie breaker. I think all the "experts" would be upset with any tie-breaker that didn't send UT to the title game.

hgarmorer
11/30/2008, 11:21 PM
So Texas scored a season high 56 on Mizzou, if I'm not mistaken. Well then we need to completely shut the F'ing door in everyone's face and hang 70 on them. Not that we need to, I know a win no matter by how much is just as good.

weldonmbc
11/30/2008, 11:21 PM
Stoops made a great point in his press conference today when he said that everyone wants to remove tech from the equation because of how bad we beat them... saying essentially that people want to penalize us for winning too big over tech. What if we'd beaten Tech by 1 at home? How far would they have fallen? Desmond said on Gameday before the game that OU would have to win by double digits for him to rank OU over tech even after an OU victory. It's my guess that Tech would not have fallen more than a couple of spots and could have even remained higher than us. Using the Big 12 or any other tie breaker in that scenario, Tech would win the tie breaker. I think all the "experts" would be upset with any tie-breaker that didn't send UT to the title game.

on the qt
11/30/2008, 11:22 PM

SoonerBorn68
11/30/2008, 11:24 PM
The point none of those stupid pin heads mentioned is that if oSu would have won the game, Tech would have been South Champs.

Texas needed Oklahoma to win to even cry. Unbelievable.

JLEW1818
11/30/2008, 11:25 PM
"USC BLAH BLAH, THE BEST DEFENSE I'VE SEEN THIS PAST WEEK, BLAH BLAH"

THE BEAT ****ING NOTRE DAME , ****ING NOTRE DAME HOLLY **** ESPN IS ****.

ESPN getting these bcs bowls in the future is not good for us.

CU Sooner
11/30/2008, 11:25 PM
The one i can't get over is how the sec and acc has the better tie breaker because it doesn't use the BCS. But that is a load of crap because they use the BCS to eliminate one of the 3 teams, then go head to head. This is the only tie breaker that has been discussed out of about 5 or 6 where uterus wins. They should just move texsucks to the sec that way they don't have to love against the conference they sponsor.

soonerbrat
11/30/2008, 11:26 PM
seems fine to me. the computers jam all the info in and spit out some crap. they see that texas lost too. doesn't matter how, when, or why. if they'd been undefeated and we jumped em, different story. but the computer sees we had much better wins throughout the year and we saw the results of that.

i love seeing texas get screwed. brings a tear to my eye.

me too. a happy tear.

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2008, 11:31 PM
Somehow i think we need to beat Mizzou by about 50 or Texas will climb to number 2

soonerspudman
11/30/2008, 11:32 PM
Lets be honest. If you listen to them talk, how they know everything about college football and no one pays enough attention it's easy to see what they want. THEY WANT TO DECIDE EVERTHING!!! They already have the BCS coming in 2011 and they want to decide what teams can go!

Bingo, bingo, bingo! This is where we're headed folks, the Disney machine wants to just pick the teams that will bring the highest ratings/most money, that simple. Look for the massive big east pimping to fire up again as Disney works its dream of collegiate team dominaiton between the massive east and west coast markets.

ABC/ESPN/Disney will manufacture this through their manipulative clout, it's happening now.

chad
11/30/2008, 11:33 PM
Just think of it this way.

It'll give Stoops some fodder to throw at the players to pump them up throughout the week.

I would not want to be a Mizzou fan with all of the Sooner bashing going on in the media.

Boomer Sooner

josh09
11/30/2008, 11:39 PM
I just quit watching CFB Live, I got sick of it.

FirstandGoal
11/30/2008, 11:50 PM
Just think of it this way.

It'll give Stoops some fodder to throw at the players to pump them up throughout the week.

I would not want to be a Mizzou fan with all of the Sooner bashing going on in the media.

Boomer Sooner
I was just about to post something similar to this.

As far as I'm concerned, bring on the doubters and bring on the firestorm! I really think our team has better focus whenever they aren't favorites.

Every time I see an article dissing us and kissing Mack's ***, it makes me smile cause I just know that crap is going to end up being bulletin board material. :)

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 12:00 AM
Actually I can understand Texas fans being mad. However. as someone else posted the whorns needed us to beat both Tech and OSU to even get them in the equation. Then when the Sooner coaches and players do their job and beat both Tech and OSU and the chips don't fall the whorns way, not only their fans but all these talking heads get irritated.
....So would the talking heads be happy if we lost to OSU after we hammered Tech, and Tech gets to go over Texass because of their head to head win or would they still be crying for Texas?......and would they be crying to change the head-to-head rules.
....I'm like Bob Stoops. There's just no way to please these talking heads and they're going to create controversy to try and increase their ratings no matter what the situation. Except for Lou, the ESPN guys are all scared of losing their jobs if they don't stir the pot as much as they can. If/when we get a playoff they'll all be bellowing because the #9 team should've been ahead of the#8 or #7 team etc, etc, and it's still not fair unless we have a 64 team playoff that lasts 6 extra weeks and well into February. It's all a bunch of attempted showbiz BS. Don't take them seriously.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 12:01 AM
All this you have to eliminate a team from a 3 way tie? Crap, that would make it a two way tie. IT'S A 3 WAY TIE, Desmond Howard backed us up, for once.

SelmaBamaFan
12/1/2008, 12:12 AM
I was just about to post something similar to this.

As far as I'm concerned, bring on the doubters and bring on the firestorm! I really think our team has better focus whenever they aren't favorites.

Every time I see an article dissing us and kissing Mack's ***, it makes me smile cause I just know that crap is going to end up being bulletin board material. :)

Coach Stoops putting up bulletin board material to get his team pumped up for a Conference Championship Game would be a bad thing. They should be pumped up anyways...

SoonerHawk
12/1/2008, 12:14 AM
All I have to say is, all of this constant media bias should be wonderful motivation for OU to come out hungry and pissed against Mizzou, not that they needed anymore, but it can't but help.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 12:16 AM
63-21 Sooners

ouwasp
12/1/2008, 12:17 AM
I heard some guy (peter dodge?) om sporting news radio this evening call it a "so-called 3 way tie". What a ****.

Then I happen to turn on this tv show after it started. Quickly realize I haven't missed anything. When Flutie gets ready to offer his yankee opinion, I turned it off and took out the trash, literally...

SoonerBacker
12/1/2008, 12:52 AM
Does the espn website have a link for sending them emails? Maybe everyone in the State of Oklahoma should flood them with complaints about their unabashed love affair with Mack and his Whorns that it crashes their system!

Naw, on second thought, that's the sort of thing the Whorn bass-turds would do.

Let them rant and rave all they want. Let texASS cry a river. If the SOONERS take care of business, go into KC and dismantle the tiggers, like we all know we are capable of doing, all their antics won't matter. We'll still be in the BCSCG playing for #8. Right now, we just need to focus on the next task at hand. Kill Mizzou.

WxGuy1
12/1/2008, 01:24 AM
I agree with this -- OU better darn well DESTROY Missouri next week. If we only put up 30-40 points on them, we'll have to hear about how Texas's win against Missouri was better. Of course, that neglects the whole "Texas beat, at home, OkSU by 4; Oklahoma beat, on the road, OkSU by 20" bit.

In addition, if we choke this bowl game again, I can guarantee you that there is no way in the world that OU will be chosen to ahead of UT if tied ever again. I am already getting sick of hearing about how OU has blown their bowl games frequently since 2002... If there was EVER a bowl game that OU had to win to keep avoid handicapping the next 3-5+ years of Sooner teams. If OU blows this bowl game, the entire 8-9 year legacy of Stoop's Sooners will be in jeopardy in terms of how we're perceived by the rest of the nation.

Of course, we must, must, must destroy Missouri. I have to cringe everytime I read about how OU will crush Missouri, or how Missouri will not be much of a game. We've been through this before -- remember 2003 and Kansas State in the Big 12 Championship? Remember being beaten by USC, LSU, Boise State, and West Virginia? Being cocky by thinking that "Oh, Missouri will be an easy game" is not going to help.

With all this said -- BOOMER freaking SOONER!

soonermeteor
12/1/2008, 01:35 AM
Sportscenter not much better.

Some of the crimes:

->Using an entrance to a college bball game between western kentucky and louisville to lobby that the state of texas was treated unfairly and it wouldnt have happened in college bball.

->John Anderson: "Texas wonders why they even bothered to play oklahoma in the regular season"

-> crying that Texas's "only sin" was to lose on a last second play, almost if they didn't lose at all

SoonerPr8r
12/1/2008, 03:55 AM
When we Win The National Championship they will even hate us even more ---- The Best we can Hope For is for Texas to get slaughtered in thier Bowl Game....And Penn State to Beat usc in the Rose Bowl -- That Great Defense of "All Time" ----- :(

Even if this happens they will say that the reason they lost was that usc and texas were just depressed and it is OUs fault