PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems with horn logic

Collier11
11/30/2008, 07:55 PM
1) They say, "we beat you head to head, how the hell can you go ahead of us"
For one, by that logic if we lose to mizzou are they going to come out and say that TT should go to the title game ahead of them? Doubt it!

The season isnt decided or defined by one game, it is a total body of work and that is why the unbiased computers thought we were better and in all honesty, since Dallas we have played unreal. We beat 4 ranked teams (Cincy, Tcu, TT, Osu and throw in a 5th if we beat mizzou. They beat 3, us, mizzou, osu.)

Since Dallas we have outscored our opponents 59.5 to 26.

2) Ole Miss beat Florida, who is the better team? Not even close
Iowa beat Penn St, who is the better team? Not even close
ut beat OU, who is the better team? based on how we played against like opponents and since the game, and the unbiased computers, it is OU

I can understand their being pissed off since two teams they already beat are playing for the conf champ but it is a whole season, not two games. Stop whining to espn and get your president to push for a playoff or to get rid of divisions in the conf

Crimsontothecore
11/30/2008, 08:04 PM
Funniest thing to me was how texas tried to use our win over tech to their advantage. They basically said that tech was out of the equation because we beat them so bad! How convenient.

jkjsooner
11/30/2008, 08:05 PM
Great point about the Texas/Tech debate if OU loses to Mizzou. LOL

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 08:07 PM
Analyzing horn logic is just for historical interest, of course.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JLEW1818
11/30/2008, 08:07 PM
damn horns

Blues1
11/30/2008, 08:08 PM
Word out there I'm hearing is ---If we were to Lose To Mizzou in KC -- Texas would Play for The National Championship ---- Your Turn...

Rock On

Sooner_Havok
11/30/2008, 08:09 PM
Another question for you. If we beat Mizzou, we get the automatic Big 12 BCS spot. Everyone and their dog knows that the Big 12 will put two teams in the BCS.

Will Mack Brown and the ut fans lobby for TT to get that BCS bid? TT did beat them head to head, so it would only be fair for them to get the second BCS bid, right?

Blues1
11/30/2008, 08:09 PM
Word out there I'm hearing is ---If we were to Lose To Mizzou in KC -- Texas would Play for The National Championship ---- Your Turn...

Rock On

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 08:30 PM

Rock On

That looks pretty certain from the current BCS standings. UT has a big lead over USC and 'SC will get almost no points from smothering a very bad UCLA team. The only thing that could prop up 'SC is another big ESPN campaign with the voters - but the vote would be public this time. Personally, I'd rather UT go than USC because the big12 earned it this year. A much better solution is to just put it to Mizzou and be done with it.

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2008, 09:15 PM
Another question for you. If we beat Mizzou, we get the automatic Big 12 BCS spot. Everyone and their dog knows that the Big 12 will put two teams in the BCS.

Will Mack Brown and the ut fans lobby for TT to get that BCS bid? TT did beat them head to head, so it would only be fair for them to get the second BCS bid, right?

Yup, but you know that no Horn on Earth could admit to that

Collier11
11/30/2008, 10:00 PM
I read an article on yahoo saying that Florida is so far behind in the computers that there is actually a decent shot of us playing ut in the title game unless the humans abandon ut like they did to us on a smaller level

SoonerTitan
11/30/2008, 10:06 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/TITANCHANCE/OU/100_1500.jpg