PDA

View Full Version : No surprises and the fallout is what I expected

Jacie
11/30/2008, 07:40 PM
After taking care of business in Stillwater, the BCS computer did what everyone who was not hysterical knew it would do and move Oklahoma ahead of Texas.

The closest thing to a surprise was OU's drop in the Harris poll, from third to fourth and losing the two first place votes, one of which went to Texas, the other to Florida.

As for the fallout, the Texas fans have actually increased in volume from before the shootout in Stillwater, with a concomitant increase in foolishness.

I understand the public comment number to the Big XII office was posted on hornfans.com (and I am sure all the fans who dialed it are just full of ideas).

I have seen posts invoking both the President and President-elect to do something and calls for Texas to leave the Big XII for the SEC (Jethro marries Ellie May).

These may just be the tip of the iceberg.

I see behavior like this a lot, being a teacher, but it is from teenagers with little understanding of consequences.

I could go on but the bottom line is this:

Texas fans = crybabies

Quite frankluy

8timechamps
11/30/2008, 07:48 PM
I agree, this is just the beginning. As the week moves along, more will be done. At some point, we will get to hear the wisdom of the UT "administration".

It's better than I could have ever expected!

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 07:50 PM
After taking care of business in Stillwater, the BCS computer did what everyone who was not hysterical knew it would do and move Oklahoma ahead of Texas.

The closest thing to a surprise was OU's drop in the Harris poll, from third to fourth and losing the two first place votes, one of which went to Texas, the other to Florida.

As for the fallout, the Texas fans have actually increased in volume from before the shootout in Stillwater, with a concomitant increase in foolishness.

I understand the public comment number to the Big XII office was posted on hornfans.com (and I am sure all the fans who dialed it are just full of ideas).

I have seen posts invoking both the President and President-elect to do something and calls for Texas to leave the Big XII for the SEC (Jethro marries Ellie May).

These may just be the tip of the iceberg.

I see behavior like this a lot, being a teacher, but it is from teenagers with little understanding of consequences.

I could go on but the bottom line is this:

Texas fans = crybabies

Quite frankluy

I'm Okla-homey and I approve of this message.

OUinFLA
11/30/2008, 08:08 PM
Texas to the SEC?

OK !

that will certainly solve all their conference problems.