PDA

View Full Version : CFB will be rocked to the core

8timechamps
11/30/2008, 07:10 PM
And I LOVE it!

The BCS is a sham, and now everybody knows it. I'm happy, because we were on the winning side of the computers. But, I'm happier that the BCS is like a piece of ocean front property on the gulf coast.

With today's release of the BCS poll, another thing was released. The whorn virus. We may hate texas, but the whorn fans stretch far and wide across this great land. And they are pissed.

Quite honestly, I don't blame them. Two teams they beat this year are playing for the conference crown...and they had to take their ball and go home. If it were us, I'd be pissed too. But, it's not, and I'm not.

All you have to do is go to any whorn fan forum today (just pick one, they're like blackheads...there's millions of them), and you'll see the rage. They've already "contacted" the BCS and Big XII. It's just the begining.

This week, you'll hear about the outcry and rage the whorn nation is going through. Soon enough, the NCAA and the BCS will listen. At first, they (the BCS/NCAA) will act as if they are just "hearing them out", just like a 'friend' consoling another after their dog died.

But that won't quiet the masses. Eventually someone affiliated with texas will demand change. Of course, it'll be too late this year. We'll be in Miami getting tanned and ready for the big game.

The outcry will be too much to hold off. The BCS and NCAA will meet with the presidents, and things will change.

I don't know how drastic they will change, but things will change.

Because, in the end, the BCS selected the Big XII champion out of three possible teams. Whether we hate texas or not (and we all do), they, in a sense, got screwed. If it were us, the reaction would be no different.

The BCS, while it helped us this year, is a sham. A joke. Nobody ever thought it would come to this when they were setting it up. But it did. And now it will change.

But, don't you just take a little extra joy in knowing it was texas that got left at home? I'll bet when they were walking back to their cars after the RRR, they never expected less than three months later, OU would really end up winning.

I love it!

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 07:16 PM
Only thing that'll change is the Big 12 tiebreaker procedure. Where in the case of a three-way tie the two highest ranked will be compared head-to-head and the winner of their game will get the nod.

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 07:24 PM
I am so freakin' glad that not only do we have the late season inside track to the NC, but we got to screw Texas along the way. I like to think Texas got screwed, even though football has ALWAYS punished late season losses. But in this case, I like to think they got screwed because it makes their pain so much deeper, hahaha.

This is one of the sweetest feelings in the world.

stoopified
11/30/2008, 07:34 PM
I am so freakin' glad that not only do we have the late season inside track to the NC, but we got to screw Texas along the way. I like to think Texas got screwed, even though football has ALWAYS punished late season losses. But in this case, I like to think they got screwed because it makes their pain so much deeper, hahaha.

This is one of the sweetest feelings in the world.
UT got screwed,just ask any Vomit Orange Cow fan.BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2008, 07:37 PM
UT got screwed,just ask any Vomit Orange Cow fan.BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm pretty sure OU's schedule strength was better (includes TCU and Cinncinnati).

Texas almost lost to OSU in AUSTIN!!!!!

OU beat OSU in Stillwater!!!!

It was a 3 way tie and it must be settled somehow. You can't go by head to head with a 3 way tie.

chad
11/30/2008, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty sure OU's schedule strength was better (includes TCU and Cinncinnati).

Texas almost lost to OSU in AUSTIN!!!!!

OU beat OSU in Stillwater!!!!

It was a 3 way tie and it must be settled somehow. You can't go by head to head with a 3 way tie.
With the exception of head to head, all of the stats that can be compared point to OU as the better team with a more accomplished season.

While I agree texas did get screwed, there is a valid reason it went down the way it did.

the computers looked at the numbers and saw OU as being the better team.

Breadburner
11/30/2008, 07:55 PM
They would be crying if the rules were diffrent and were not working out there way.....I think it's fine like it is...And even though I'm a diehard Sooner fan I can be logical and give a team the nod when they deserve it......What a bunch of dolts, reminds me of a fanbase 81 miles to the North....

Blues1
11/30/2008, 07:56 PM
One PLus Game is on the way --- JMHO...!

PLaw
11/30/2008, 07:57 PM
With the exception of head to head, all of the stats that can be compared point to OU as the better team with a more accomplished season.

While I agree texas did get screwed, there is a valid reason it went down the way it did.

the computers looked at the numbers and saw OU as being the better team.

Darn it, Texass did not, I REPEAT DID NOT, get screwed. All texass had to do was beat what they call a poor, pitiful Tech team in Lubbock. They claim they were beaten on a last second play, but fail to mention that for 57 min and 31 seconds they trailed.

Yeah, they beat us in Dallas, which looks a heckuva more like a fluke than their loss in Lubbock.

Not once have you heard the Tech crew whining and graveling (subject of another thread to come) that they should be ahead of Texas. My word, what would Mike Leach say to his kids had Texas gone to KC??

Texass did not get screwed. They just did not get it done on the field, period.

OU FOREVER!
BOOMER

Rogue
11/30/2008, 08:01 PM
Texas has as good of an argument as any team that they are getting hosed.

And I agree with 8time...it's likely the beginning of the end for the BCS.
Seems we're always in the position of BCS spoilers.

Lest we get ahead of ourselves, there's a big game next weekend.

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2008, 08:01 PM
It's funny that Texas fans want to wave their win over OU in everyone's face on the one hand, then want everyone to forget that Texas Tech beat them on the other. Anyway, what made the difference in the polls was the OU's out of conference schedule featured two teams that wound up in the Top 13 of the BCS poll - Cincinnati and TCU. The Longhorns were killed by Cincinnati's win, Nebraska's win, and Missouri's loss. Scheduling matters. Maybe Deloss Dodds will think about that the next time he considers scheduling FAU and UTEP.

sidewinder517
11/30/2008, 08:10 PM
Only thing that'll change is the Big 12 tiebreaker procedure. Where in the case of a three-way tie the Big 12 will ask Texass who should go and that team will get the nod.

Fixed :D Sooners = The team everybody loves to hate.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/30/2008, 08:11 PM
Texas has no argument - at least no valid one. They have absolutely zero ground to stand on that they go ahead of TT, and same goes for TT. We all are equally disqualified from going by the same rationale of head to head losses, so then you go to the remaining factors - strength of schedule, how well playing at the end, etc. and clearly the right team is going. It is complete bushleague bullcrap to even mention that they beat Missouri, as a zillion teams have sat out while lessor "division winners" in every sport got to participate in whateve playoff or championship game was at stake. Texas had their destiny in their own hands and lost - boo hoo hoo

daddywarbucks
11/30/2008, 08:22 PM
We better take care of business the rest of the way out...If we don't win the NC, the media,Texas, and everyone else in the country will forever remember the year The Sooners stole Texas chance at a NC.

oudivesherpa
11/30/2008, 08:25 PM
The point of the Big XII Championship game should be to put the two best teams in the Title game. Keep the two divisons, but if at the end of the season pick the two highest rated teams to play in the Championship game. That would ensure higher TV ratings and put the two best teams in the Title game ( Oklahoma and Texas) and the Big XII North gets to the Title game every ten years or so.

Blues1
11/30/2008, 08:28 PM
We better take care of business the rest of the way out...If we don't win the NC, the media,Texas, and everyone else in the country will forever remember the year The Sooners stole Texas chance at a NC.

If WE Lose to Mizzou in KC -- Texas could play in the National Championship -- It sure in Hell won't be Mizzou -- Thats what I'm hearing...

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2008, 08:29 PM
This season has made me a fan of Big XII...East vs. West.

daddywarbucks
11/30/2008, 08:29 PM

JLEW1818
11/30/2008, 09:25 PM
It is really funny how they claim tech should not be an issue, yet the lost to that "crappy" team.

hehe sucks to be a horn

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2008, 09:44 PM
Even if we win handily next week, could they pass us if the Harris and Coaches Polls put them ahead of us by a wider margin?

Dio
11/30/2008, 10:37 PM
The longhorns aren't even the best team in texas

yermom
11/30/2008, 10:54 PM
maybe they will just put USC over both of us after they paste UCLA :D

or they might vote us the right way since they will have to disclose how they voted...

birddog
11/30/2008, 11:03 PM
this is about as fun as it can get when it comes to crushing the whorns hopes.

i'd be mad if it happened to us, but if it has to happen, texas is as good as it gets. this whole thing is hilarious. i love it!