PDA

View Full Version : Bob was asked to be on during the UT/aTm game & he refused

aurorasooner
11/30/2008, 05:16 PM
He says it's because it wasn't right to do it. Class act imo compared to what Mack Brown did by coming on the OU/OSU game last night. Interview is pure class imo with no BS and no whining politics.

Judge Smails
11/30/2008, 05:24 PM
Mack Brown would stand on a street corner and sell votes for sex. No class.

bri
11/30/2008, 05:39 PM
I'm just glad the high road worked out for us. :D

SWFloridaSooner
11/30/2008, 05:45 PM
This is why the sports announcers don't like Bob. He won't play their games. I'm glad he takes the high road. I did wonder what he had done to **** them off when the all kept making cases for Texas over us yesterday. Guess now I know.

SoonerBBall
11/30/2008, 06:00 PM
I'm just glad the high road worked out for us. :D

Funny thing is, it really didn't. The computers are what won it for us. Both human polls dropped us from where we were last week after a far more impressive win then Texas.

A-M
11/30/2008, 06:08 PM
Funny thing is, it really didn't. The computers are what won it for us. Both human polls dropped us from where we were last week after a far more impressive win then Texas.

You are correct on this. ESPN did not want us to be ahead of Texas and they did everything in their power to get people to change their vote. It looks like it worked on a lot of the people out there but did not have any effect on the computers. Personally, I think the people should be taken out of the BCS and us only the computers as the computers do not look at do they like the school or not, they just look at the facts and let it go from there.

yermom
11/30/2008, 06:08 PM
it worked out though

FirstandGoal
11/30/2008, 06:09 PM
In most cases I am all for taking the high road.

Bob Stoops has more class in his pinkie finger than the entire Texass fanbase has collectively.

This was almost a problem for us however, and I for one am very glad that taking the high road didn't turn around to bite us on the ***.

Next time around, I say we try to find some middle ground between the high road and the highway to hell, or we might not be so lucky.

SoonerMom2
11/30/2008, 06:16 PM
Will be interesting to see the Coach's poll next week when how they voted is revealed. Might make some people stop and think that listened to the whiner Brown who has about the least class of any coach I have witnessed. Brown's forgetting about getting beat by Tech said it all or the fact that we beat OSU more. Seeing Switzer's grin when they came on said it all! TEXAS SUCKS!

bluedogok
11/30/2008, 06:19 PM
Mack will run for governor after Governor Good Hair gets tired of bring in office. He's always been a politician, that is why he was perfect for the UT job, it requires those type of "skills" to deal with the administration and big donors.

Boomer.....
11/30/2008, 06:21 PM
Taking the high road, good for him.

TopDawg
11/30/2008, 06:55 PM

Unless we talk to each voter, it's impossible to know whether it did or didn't affect votes. Even though our lead in the human polls disappeared this week, there might've been even a few more who would've voted Texas above OU if we hadn't taken the high road.

All we can say is that Stoops' method gave us ENOUGH human votes to win. So it worked.