PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun bracket

nytehorn
11/30/2008, 12:20 PM
It was always a forgone conclusion to me, that OU would jump Texas this week, so I have been busy doing this waiting on the polls this morning. Just a fantasy playoff bracket to see what everyone thinks. We take the 11 conference champs, plus 5 at large teams; 16 team tourney. This may be only year it works this way, but NO ONE should have a gripe about being left out. The only weak member of the at-large teams, is TCU at 10-2, and they only lost to #1 OU, and #6 Utah!! This is just a GUESTIMATE on who I think will win their championship games, and how I GUESTIMATE the final BCS poll will shake out. I know it will probably never happen in my lifetime, but this is just for fun opinions, while we await the polls. I have no idea how to incorporate the bowls, unless the Outback, Gator, and Cotton, can step up, and we alternate sights. The first round would be a home game for the higher seeded team.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/nytejag/scan01.jpg

ouwasp
11/30/2008, 05:20 PM
Hey, I've been a playoff proponent since my teenage yrs in the '70s.

Myself, I'd rather see an 8 team playoff. Most yrs, OU and Tx would be in the thick of it...

nytehorn
11/30/2008, 07:55 PM
Any thoughts on this? This looks like a fun schedule to me!!

o0Dan0o
11/30/2008, 09:11 PM
I'd switch the Utah TCU from a first round match up, since they played in the regular season. Make it Tech-TCU, Ohio State-Utah.
Dan

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 09:19 PM
The problem with this, as with any other playoff scenario, is that unlike what you said someone is always gonna gripe about being left out, whether you have 2,4,8,16,32,64, or however many teams, someone can and will gripe about being left out.

colinreturn
11/30/2008, 09:24 PM
The problem with this, as with any other playoff scenario, is that unlike what you said someone is always gonna gripe about being left out, whether you have 2,4,8,16,32,64, or however many teams, someone can and will gripe about being left out.

but instead of #3 griping. its #9 or 17 or whatever.

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 09:42 PM
The more teams you let into a playoff, the more teams who'll think they should be one of those teams.