PDA

View Full Version : **I'm At Peace With All Sides Of The Argument, HOWEVER...**

Lott's Bandana
11/30/2008, 11:14 AM
If Mack and his politico's succeed in their off the field campaign to sway voter's simply by sound bites and a partnership with ABC/ESPN to garner ratings...

...what does that say about the future of the current system? The Heisman has turned into a marketing campaign already, now every coach, AD, SID and player will turn into Joe Isuzu and bombard us with airplane banners, commercials, mass mailings, yea...even BCS Spam!

Two teams battling it out on the playing field while an airplane from another team circles the field in another state...and the coach gets a national forum to speak bullets about his own team, without rebuttal.

ABC/ESPN whores itself immediately and EVERY talking head in their employ spends an entire week ignoring Tech and arguing head to head. Not one mouthpiece presented any of OU's valid argument as well.

We are being penalized for annihilating the #2 team and thereby dropping them from the conversation...Shakespearian m'thinks.

mfosterftw
11/30/2008, 11:41 AM
Saw this in the NY Times blog comments - liked it so much I added some color coding and made it my sig...

Paper beats Rock in Dallas.
Scissors nick Paper in Lubbock.
Rock smashes Scissors in Norman…and keeps on rolling.

Sorry Paper.

Lott's Bandana
11/30/2008, 11:49 AM
I like that we are rock.

GrapevineSooner
11/30/2008, 11:58 AM
Rock rawks!!!!!!!!!

1890MilesToNorman
11/30/2008, 12:03 PM
Repeat the lie enough times and it will become truth! Good thing CFB fans are smarter than the norm! Well some are. :D

soonervegas
11/30/2008, 12:12 PM
I don't get angry, because frankly at the end of the day these are kids playing at game....but:

The Texas ESPN/ABC two step has been difficult to watch this week.

Hopefully squeaky wheel doesn't get this grease this week.