PDA

View Full Version : Did we see Sammy play his last regular season game last night?

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 10:28 AM
As much as I hate to see him go, I'm thinking he would be ill-advised to pass on the NFL draft this year. Especially since rookie signing bonuses are capped in 2010.

I just hope for his sake we don't see him in a Lions uniform next year.

:pop:

stoopified
11/30/2008, 10:30 AM
NO

OUHOMER
11/30/2008, 10:31 AM
damn, homey, I am just trying to enjoy a good sunday morning of reading and thinking of how we can get to the MNC.

and you have to go and bust my bubble.

Breadburner
11/30/2008, 10:31 AM
O gawd...Not again.....

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 10:32 AM
damn, homey, I am just trying to enjoy a good sunday morning of reading and thinking of how we can get to the MNC.

and you have to go and bust my bubble.

sorry bro. I just want to know what the folks think.

Rogue
11/30/2008, 10:33 AM
Were it me, I'd take the $$.
That said, I think Sam B. will be back next year.
If we win the MNC, he'll prolly go.

OUHOMER
11/30/2008, 10:33 AM
But than again, If we do get to the MNC and he wins the Heisman than yea he should go.

Actually he needs to check it out, what ever is best for him

Animal Mother
11/30/2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah it was his last regular season game of 2008. Other than that are you smokin' crack????? I know. Start thread that gets beaucoup responses, looks cool.

OU_Sooners75
11/30/2008, 10:36 AM
Sam Bradford will be back next year.

OUHOMER
11/30/2008, 10:37 AM
I do not keep up with the NFL at all. So if he did go, where would he go?

Who sucks this year and need a QB. Detroit?

PLaw
11/30/2008, 10:38 AM
We will have a completly retooled O-Line next year and it will resemble McCoy's Soph season. If Sam is a Top 10 pick, then more power too him and thanks for the memories.

BOOMER

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah it was his last regular season game of 2008. Other than that are you smokin' crack????? I know. Start thread that gets beaucoup responses, looks cool.

Dood, who peed in your Wheaties this morning? We are on the verge of another chapter in the Book of Sooner Greatness and you're being all indignant about an honest question as to what Sam will do when (not "if") the NFL comes knocking. I for one, hope him the best and happen to believe his going this year would be in his best financial interests. I would love to see an Oklahoma kid taking snaps in the NFL. That young man is the epitome of class and the league would be lucky to get him in '09.

OUHOMER
11/30/2008, 10:42 AM

Its actually a good question, Sam would be a fool if he did not at least check it out. He has to look at it. A. for the money b. He loses most of his O line.

I hope he comes back, and I think he will, but needs he needs to think about it

SoonerLB
11/30/2008, 10:47 AM
You gotta be on crack to think Sam ain't comin' back!
And he's not ready for the NFL quite yet anyway.
If you want to worry about something, worry about our injury depletion situation at the linebacker position, that is a real scenario.

fadada1
11/30/2008, 10:53 AM
he just finished his SOPHOMORE year!!!!!!

if tebow didn't go last year, no way sam leaves. running backs can get away with this type of move. QBs... still much to learn.

noobalicious
11/30/2008, 10:55 AM
Sam has a year of school left. Since he redshirted, I'd be shocked if he stayed for his senior year.

Next year though: he'll be back. So will Gresham for that matter so he can stop dropping the ball and move up a round in the draft.

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 10:57 AM
he just finished his SOPHOMORE year!!!!!!

if tebow didn't go last year, no way sam leaves. running backs can get away with this type of move. QBs... still much to learn.

The rule: Three years out of high school = NFL draft eligibility. Was Tebow three years out of high school last year? Sam is this year.

MojoRisen
11/30/2008, 11:40 AM
Sam has a chance to be the all time leader in touch Down Passes. He is only 47 away and that is with 2 games left this year. That is one hell of a record to hold... The Record stands now at 131

However, I am pretty sure Bradford would go number 1 in the draft and if they are going to cap it the next year - he could be walking away from 25 million dollars.

There is no reasonable excuse for him to come back - when you are talking about that kind of life changing- legacy...

Sam- you are awesome- do what you want to do...

CatfishSooner
11/30/2008, 11:49 AM
stay sammy

oubose
11/30/2008, 11:55 AM
Sam said early in the year that it would be hard playing on sunday next year because he would still be in school.

RedstickSooner
11/30/2008, 11:58 AM
Sam seems to really love being a Sooner. He's having fun, and he could set all sorts of records that'd probably never be broken (if he played 2 more years).

Here's hoping, instead of going for the draft, he looks into that insurance so he can keep playing knowing he'll still get paid if he gets hurt.

soonerborn45
11/30/2008, 12:00 PM
The rule: Three years out of high school = NFL draft eligibility. Was Tebow three years out of high school last year? Sam is this year.

Nah tebow was a true soph. With that said does anybody know the financial situation of the bradford family, are they in desperate need for money? If not then I say stay cuz even when they cap it your still gonna be makin a butt load of money.

soonerfan28
11/30/2008, 12:01 PM
I would have thought before the season that had he had a season like he has had then he would but I don't know he seems to be having a lot of fun. His name did come up this morning on I believe it was the Sports Reports and the said something like in 2010 that in the collective bargaining agreement that they will be putting a salary cap on rookies and that would force draft eligible underclassmen to come out this year and they mentioned Bradford.

soonerborn45
11/30/2008, 12:03 PM

Nah tebow was a true soph. With that said does anybody know the financial situation of the bradford family, are they in desperate need for money? If not then I say stay cuz even when they cap it your still gonna be makin a butt load of money.

AlbqSooner
11/30/2008, 12:10 PM
My understanding is that Bradford's family is not particularly cash strapped. That allows him to make the decision based on other factors. However, the rookie salary cap is something that MUST be a major factor. I realize Sam is having fun and considers his experience at OU to be almost invaluable. When the value against which that experience is weighed is in the range of $25 mill, it is hard to justify not giving it a loooong look. Granted he can get Lloyd's of London to insure his health for football purposes, but Lloyd's would underwrite such a policy based on its worth at the time he would be entitled to it but for the injury. That would be substantially less in the future years if the rookie cap goes into place.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Sam is almost finished with his career as a Sooner. Two remaining games max.

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 05:21 PM
My understanding is that Bradford's family is not particularly cash strapped. That allows him to make the decision based on other factors. However, the rookie salary cap is something that MUST be a major factor. I realize Sam is having fun and considers his experience at OU to be almost invaluable. When the value against which that experience is weighed is in the range of $25 mill, it is hard to justify not giving it a loooong look. Granted he can get Lloyd's of London to insure his health for football purposes, but Lloyd's would underwrite such a policy based on its worth at the time he would be entitled to it but for the injury. That would be substantially less in the future years if the rookie cap goes into place.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Sam is almost finished with his career as a Sooner. Two remaining games max.

and next year, he won't have the O line that has played a critical role in keeping him safe and healthy this year. If I were advising him, I'd say go this year. Especially if he wins the Heisman and/or an MNC. But in the end, he's a grown man, it's his call, and no one should criticise him on his decision.

OUHOMER
11/30/2008, 05:52 PM
But in the end, he's a grown man, it's his call, and no one should criticize him on his decision.

I dont know there seem to be a few around here that might criticize him for turning down an extra $25 mil:rolleyes:

I would love to have Slinging Sam 2 more years, I would have loved to had AD stay too. But lets face it, we are talking about a life changing deal here.

OUHOMER
11/30/2008, 05:53 PM
But in the end, he's a grown man, it's his call, and no one should criticize him on his decision.

I dont know there seem to be a few around here that might criticize him for turning down an extra $25 mil:rolleyes:

I would love to have Slinging Sam 2 more years, I would have loved to had AD stay too. But lets face it, we are talking about a life changing deal here.

Pirate Past Fifty
11/30/2008, 06:14 PM
If you want to worry about something, worry about our injury depletion situation at the linebacker position, that is a real scenario.

I agree. He's not quite ready for the NFL, but he will be after next year.
Sure would like to see him stick around for all 4 years.

Pirate Past Fifty
11/30/2008, 06:17 PM

I agree. He's not quite ready for the NFL, but he will be after next year.
Sure would like to see him stick around for all 4 years.

adoniijahsooner
11/30/2008, 06:26 PM
and next year, he won't have the O line that has played a critical role in keeping him safe and healthy this year. If I were advising him, I'd say go this year. Especially if he wins the Heisman and/or an MNC. But in the end, he's a grown man, it's his call, and no one should criticise him on his decision.

The O-line may be retooled; but it will not inexperienced. These guys have played alot of minutes, and they will have all of spring and fall to go against McCoy, Granger, Alexander, Beal, and English. Plus he wil have Murray, Brown, Gresham, Eldridge, Clapp, and Broyles back to pitch it around to. The team may be better as team next year even if the offense falls off a little.

Dan Thompson
11/30/2008, 06:38 PM
Sam has already said he would be back for next year. There is a post on here about it, somewhere.

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 06:42 PM
Sam has already said he would be back for next year. There is a post on here about it, somewhere.

What else is he supposed to say when asked that question in season? That's what just about everyone that's left for the NFL early has said when asked that question during the season.

DrZaius
11/30/2008, 06:47 PM
I will be happy which ever way he decides to go. Sammy is gonna kick some *** either way!

bluedogok
11/30/2008, 06:48 PM
The rookie salary cap for 2010 is far from being a definite thing, there may even be a work stoppage in the NFL after the 2009 season because the two sides are so far apart on even the basics. It may be like the NHL one but probably not as long since the NFL has a bunch of money to split and the NHL had dwindling revenues and revenue uncertainty that the NFL doesn't have to deal with.

Since Sam wants to be a lawyer when his playing days are done, it would not surprise me for him to stay next season to finish his bachelors and then leave after he graduates (not eligibility wise) provided he can't finish earlier. Either way it will be a tough decision.

As far as Gresham, I would be surprised if he comes back. Everything that I have heard has said he is among the top TE prospects for this draft if he were to come out. His past few games have probably driven that stock higher.

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 06:51 PM
Yup, if I'm Gresham I'm gone.

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/30/2008, 07:33 PM
Gresham is looking really good right now...I guess we will have to see what the injured hand does to Sam this weekend...Still pretty pumped about the Big12 Championship