PDA

View Full Version : OSU's stadium/Lewis Field/Boone Pickens Stadium...

Soonerus
11/30/2008, 09:59 AM
..whatever you call it, is very nice now. They should be very proud, it is a quality venue now...

2k2 c5
11/30/2008, 10:14 AM
..whatever you call it, is very nice now. They should be very proud, it is a quality veneer now...

I heard there was another "OU" embedded in a different section of the brick veneer wall. If you squint just right you can see it in the color variation.

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 10:18 AM
..whatever you call it, is very nice now. They should be very proud, it is a quality venue now...

I agree, with "a team on the rise" too. But the Oklahoma legislature should immediately pass a statute requiring them to get a different fight song. Crap, have a contest or something to find a new one. That carnival ride/waltz/waving wheat theme they play is the gheyest fight song in college sports. It's embarrasing to all Oklahomans.

Soonerus
11/30/2008, 10:20 AM
OSU's PA announcer totally sucks too...

getrdone
11/30/2008, 10:27 AM
they want to be a top football program, but their basketball gym in the backdrop for the camera in a nationally televised game? pathetic! secondly, only seats about 60 grand and can't sell it out. a lot of empty seats along the sides in the top section.

Ground_Attack
11/30/2008, 10:29 AM
its "nice", except that if you run 3 yards out of bounds you bang your dome on the wall. The field looks like a damn match box with those concrete walls so close to the sidelines. I think Murray should sue T Boone for nearly killing him when he hit that bench and wall after running out of bounds.

Taxman71
11/30/2008, 10:29 AM
I loved how they played Toby's I wanna be a cowboy as we celebrated on th field after the game. OU victory and another donation to OU via royalty to Mr. Keith.

Flagstaffsooner
11/30/2008, 10:34 AM
Did you see the shot of their new/unfinished locker room? A bunch of **** was raining down. What was that?

Okla-homey
11/30/2008, 10:35 AM
I loved how they played Toby's I wanna be a cowboy as we celebrated on th field after the game. OU victory and another donation to OU via royalty to Mr. Keith.

I prefer WJ's "Mama's Don't Let Yer Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys"

stoopified
11/30/2008, 10:39 AM
Last time I looked football stadiums don't win games ,players do.Who cares how nice it is?

BermudaSooner
11/30/2008, 10:51 AM
It was nice, but can't see the video board from the visitor seats.

Lott's Bandana
11/30/2008, 11:30 AM

"The Visitors"

Yeah? Well we didn't flush, so you continue to be "visited"...

Flying Scotsman
11/30/2008, 11:49 AM
I was lucky enough to be there. I didn't think it was all that loud. Most of the Ags in my area spent most of the time sitting...

Soonerus
11/30/2008, 11:53 AM
I agree I don't think it was that loud...my "visitors" perspective....

OklahomaTuba
11/30/2008, 11:53 AM
Tulsa upgraded their stadium also, but they're still Tulsa.

okienole3
11/30/2008, 11:58 AM
Their whole set up is a joke. Everyone of their "traditions" were stolen from other schools. Plus, their intro video is awful.

When we got back to the car last night, I told my wife....in the words of Jeff Capel..."let's get out of this hell hole."

Taxman71
12/1/2008, 03:44 PM
The stadium is vastly improved from the old rustoleum, but not yet equal to the major players in CFB like OU, texas, tennessee, etc. They need to dramatically improve their scoreboard and jumbotron. However, everything else was nice and new, very friendly concession people, ticket takers, etc. Plus, you can leave at half for some brew and come back (ah, glory days).

I, too, thought the fans were much less noisy/rowdy than expected. There were only about 4 of us Sooner fans in our section (40 yard line North side) and we were louder than most of the poke fans, except (as Bob would say) when a poke was crossing the goalline to score a TD. However, 99% of the fans were very friendly although a large % of them stared at us like they had never seen a Sooner fan at a game before.

The most annoying was the line at the men's bathroom. How can an aggie school not have urinal troughs in the men's room? Can you imagine what the men's bathroom would look like at Owen Field if we didn't have the troughs?

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 03:49 PM
My last visit to rustoleum field was about 12 yers ago. During Saturday's game, my 9 year old son said (being dead serious) "Did the same person that made OU's stadium make that one?", I said "I don't think so, why?"....

He replies "Because it looks like a baby version of OU's stadium."

One thing about kids...they are honest with what they say.

badger
6/26/2009, 10:09 AM
I like to recycle when I can... hassle as it is, but for those of you that need a laugh, I hope you appreciate the effort:

If you squint, you might be able to catch a replay or two:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2vbliko.jpg

Holder: Making the bathroom stalls orange will add $5 mil to the costs...
Pickens: DO IT!
http://i43.tinypic.com/fkbog6.jpg

Worthy of Fark Central...
http://i44.tinypic.com/3531ky8.jpg
It reads "We have built the best to be the best."

Anyway, check out the progress and stuff here (http://www.okstate.com/view.gal?id=50139) if you want. Happy Friday.

NormanPride
6/26/2009, 10:21 AM
Nice toy they have. Do they know how to play?

sooneron
6/26/2009, 10:42 AM
I think it's really cute.

badger
6/26/2009, 01:21 PM
I think it's really cute.

With all of the OU brick patterns rumored to be in that stadium (revenge for the guy that got fired for telling people about his little joke), might as well call it "Owen Field Lite"

OklahomaTuba
6/26/2009, 01:30 PM
Its kind of nice to know OU will be beating the shiat outta the aggots in a nicer facility from now on.

sooner59
6/26/2009, 08:50 PM
Its kind of nice to know OU will be beating the shiat outta the aggots in a nicer facility from now on.

Baziiiiiing.

stoopified
6/26/2009, 10:04 PM
Where is that fancy indoor practice facility? :D

SoonerDood
6/26/2009, 10:05 PM
Where is that fancy indoor practice facility? :D

Right next to the Ath-uh-letic Village :D

OSUAggie
6/27/2009, 12:18 AM

But Jim Miller is certainly a bad muh fuggah. He does suit the university well.

SbOrOiNaEnR
6/27/2009, 12:58 AM
might as well call it "Owen Field Lite"

That's in Waco, silly.

hgarmorer
6/27/2009, 04:39 AM
Looking at the Pokes website my favorite caption has to be...
"The video boards are bigger close up"...geeez no $h1t
http://www.okstate.com/view.gal?id=50139

Crucifax Autumn
6/27/2009, 06:09 AM
Seriously? Really????

BigBoomerInBigD
6/27/2009, 07:27 AM
Looking at the Pokes website my favorite caption has to be...
"The video boards are bigger close up"...geeez no $h1t
http://www.okstate.com/view.gal?id=50139

HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D

badger
6/27/2009, 12:25 PM
But Jim Miller is certainly a bad muh fuggah. He does suit the university well.

My husband is suggesting that perhaps OSU did not have the foresight to build GIA and the football stadium NOT next to each other, thus preventing them from being able to expand as much as possible. What are your thoughts?

OSUAggie
6/27/2009, 02:41 PM
In 1936, I don't think anybody envisioned ...

A. GIA, in its current locale, with a capacity of 13,611.

B. Lewis Field not having enough room to expand N, S, E, or West.

But we have plenty of room to expand (not that we need to at this point).. just not on the east side.

fadada1
6/27/2009, 03:43 PM
it might be nice, but it's still in stillwater. ergo, it's crap.

badger
6/28/2009, 02:37 PM
Fair enough, Aggie, but while the first quote will only get giggles from Sooner fans (that "We have built the best" one), I just now noticed that there is a second quote engraved in your new stadium:

What we need now is to win and fill 'er up
You seriously engraved that... wow. This is almost as funny as the OU bricks. :D

picasso
6/28/2009, 02:55 PM
In 1936, I don't think anybody envisioned ...

A. GIA, in its current locale, with a capacity of 13,611.

B. Lewis Field not having enough room to expand N, S, E, or West.

But we have plenty of room to expand (not that we need to at this point).. just not on the east side.

you also have plenty of room for needed fans.

fadada1
6/28/2009, 03:49 PM
If you build it, they still won't come.

badger
6/28/2009, 04:16 PM
The reason I don't like the quote is because it doesn't inspire sh!t. Something like "Play like a champion today" is inspiring. Something like "What we need now is to win and fill 'er up" is like saying "I wish we had better fans and better teams."

It's like saying "I wish we were Oklahoma, without the 'State' at the end." :D

SoonerSoph
6/28/2009, 05:09 PM
To quote Drillbit Taylor, "You can't polish a turd."