PDA

View Full Version : How any voters could change their minds...

Sooner4FCD
11/30/2008, 03:20 AM
After the results of this week is beyond me.

No matter how much ESPN rattles on, the coaches don't pay any attention to that stuff and we were ahead in the coaches poll last week so I don't see any way how we won't be this week.

I'm not sure who the Harris poll voters are, but I have to believe they're also independent minded enough to not be swayed by the idiot 4 letter network.

We have gained in the computer polls enough already in Sagarin to overtake the .008 deficit. There's just no way enough voters will change their vote to Texas over the results of this weekend.

I'm sleeping well tonight knowing we're heading to the Big XII Championship for the 4th time in my 5 years as a Sooner(graduating in 3 weeks!) and couldn't be prouder to be a Sooner after the performances of this team in November. Boomer freakin Sooner!

sooner59
11/30/2008, 03:32 AM
Thurman Thomas is a Harris Poll voter and witnessed a good OSU team give it all they had only to lose by 20 at the Boone. Hopefully he doesn't harbor ill feelings in his vote.

anticipation
11/30/2008, 03:32 AM
I was thinking the same thing, Texas beats atm by 40 at home, and we beat #12Oklahoma st by 20 on the road. Any coach that would drop ou and raise texas is.....

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2008, 04:16 AM
...a pansy azzed whiner

SleestakSooner
11/30/2008, 04:19 AM
There are only 114 voters in the Harris poll, hopefully few of them will be swayed to move OU down from last week. I mean did ANY other team defeat a team ranked higher than #12 on the road? Yes #22 GTech beat #11 UG. But no team in the top ten BCS standings had a higher profile victory. If OU moves down it will be by hook or by crook. I can see some coaches possibly changing their votes, but it will have to be more than a handful to offset the change the computers are about to show.

Sooner5030
11/30/2008, 04:23 AM
of the .0084 we were behind it was all (and them some) due to the .06 trail in the computers.

We just jumped UT in the Sagarin tonight. That's a good indicator.

LInk (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm)

SoonerGrad2003
11/30/2008, 08:14 AM
of the .0084 we were behind it was all (and them some) due to the .06 trail in the computers.

We just jumped UT in the Sagarin tonight. That's a good indicator.

LInk (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm)

Thanks for posting this:

1 Oklahoma 94.922
2 Texas 94.61

I think - after reading all the analysis all week long about the computers - that OU should see a similar swing in all the computers. Now it is up to the pollsters. I wonder if winning one poll but not the other (let's say that OU remains no. 2 in the Harris but falls to no. 3 in the Coaches) would be enough to move OU to no. 2 in the BCS?

TXBOOMER
11/30/2008, 08:37 AM
ESPN and texass campainged their arses off all focking day long. It was putrid. How they expect to just forget texass got beat by Tech is beyond me. I agree with the orininal post and am also hopeful the coaches are anti-ESPN enough to vote based on who they believe earned it down the stretch.

birddog
11/30/2008, 09:51 AM
the bcs was designed to take biased voters out of the equation and now we are going to get pumped up the butt by those very same voters. YAY, NO PLAYOFFS, LET THE PEOPLE WHO HATE US DECIDE!!!:rolleyes:

IronHorseSooner
11/30/2008, 11:37 AM
Along with Thurman, Rod Thulin (an Oklahoma native) is also a Harris Poll voter. I can guarantee where his vote will go. Heck, he just might have TECH ahead of UTerus!!