PDA

View Full Version : NYC Poke Eats Crow

NYC Poke
11/30/2008, 02:26 AM
Well, we kept it interesting for 53 minutes. Moral Victory!

Vet, I'll send your $20 (plus a little extra for shipping ;) on Monday.

Badj, my avatar is yours until the CCG. I'll be traveling tomorrow so I may not be around. If not, we can settle up on Monday. Just let me know what you want me to do with it.

Best of luck with the BCS fallout. Congratulations for playing an excellent, exciting game.

NYC Poke
11/30/2008, 02:27 AM
I'll bump this thread the next couple of days so y'all are sure to see it. Traffic's kinda heavy right now.

Dio
11/30/2008, 02:29 AM
As much crap as we give you guys, y'all have a good team there.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 02:33 AM
NYCPoke, your team is scrappy and I now see how you kept it so close in Austin - your guys don't give up.

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 02:35 AM
No shame Poke, you're a good guy, and the Pokes are a good team.

OklahomaTuba
11/30/2008, 02:36 AM
Good game aggie. I hate playing in stoolwater.

CatfishSooner
so b

Flagstaffsooner
Take the feathers off first, aggie.;)
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Eating%20Crow(1).jpg

Widescreen
11/30/2008, 02:55 AM
NYC Poke is the only OSU fan around here I actually kinda like. Calls it like he sees it without talking a bunch of stupid trash.

scotplum
11/30/2008, 03:24 AM
Class = NYC Poke. Well done sir. You are likely going to get far more spek than a Poke should get. ;)

SoonerBacker
11/30/2008, 08:44 AM
NYC Poke is the only OSU fan around here I actually kinda like. Calls it like he sees it without talking a bunch of stupid trash.

Definately. He is a first-class poke fan. Maybe he should come back to Oklahoma and teach a class at oSu on football fan etiquette.

Boomer.....
11/30/2008, 06:57 PM
Great game NYC.

Boomer.....
11/30/2008, 06:58 PM
Great game NYC.

NYC Poke
11/30/2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words.

As much as it hurt to lose this one, we came away with a lot to be proud of. We're a great football team and we played a great game. Unfortunately for us, we played a better football team that played a better game, and that was reflected in the final score.

I'm glad things worked out for you with the BCS. As well as Texas has been playing, it is my opinion that OU is simply playing better football at this point in the season. Naturally, that's subjective. I (and I suspect all of you) would like nothing more than to see the two conference heavyweights slug it out for the Conference Championship, but that's not the way things are set up. Texas, you need to either deal with it or quit losing to Texas Tech.

Please, please, please embarrass Mizzou (again) in the CCG, and bring a MNC back to the Big XII!

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/30/2008, 08:25 PM
In much the same vein of the sentiment that got Larry Cochell fired, there's "good Aggys" and "street Aggys." NYC, you're definitely a "good Aggy." ;)

SoonerStormchaser
11/30/2008, 08:30 PM
NYC,
Be honest...tell me that, if back in August, you'd end up 9-3 AND completely hammer Mizzou at Columbia...you'd have laughed.

You guys put together a hell of a lot better season than any Sooner fan would've given you guys credit for.

JohnnyMack
11/30/2008, 08:56 PM
NYC,
Be honest...tell me that, if back in August, you'd end up 9-3 AND completely hammer Mizzou at Columbia...you'd have laughed.

You guys put together a hell of a lot better season than any Sooner fan would've given you guys credit for.

I had this team at 8 - 4 on paper before the season. The Mizzou game is only one I missed. osu beat who they were supposed to beat (Troy & Houston) and then played a pretty soft schedule (Wazzu, Baylor, A&M, Iowa State, CU).

1890MilesToNorman
11/30/2008, 09:09 PM
Poke, you guys played well but you did have 2 weeks to prepare while we had a little skirmish with #2 a week ago. It's tough playing in your house but we are OU! Maybe next year. :D

Widescreen
11/30/2008, 10:24 PM
The guy's trying to be magnanimous. Give him a break.

47straight
12/1/2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks for hanging out, NYCPoke.

vigilantesooner
12/1/2008, 12:33 AM
NYC, I felt during that game that the first team to get a stop would get the victory with the way our defenses were playing, and fortunately it was us. You guys scared the hell out of us, Robinson owned our defense in a very bad way, and you showed the nation that OSU is a team to be reckoned with.

Having said that, I hate OSU and I hope they go 0-12 next year.

olevetonahill
12/1/2008, 12:44 AM
See Aggie , It didnt Matter about the 14 Points I was Givin ya :D
Send My cash HO :P
It really was a Great game , That assover teakettle Play By Sam still has My old heart thumpin .:cool:

A Sooner in Texas
12/1/2008, 12:50 AM
Poke, that was a great game last night, and all OSU fans have much to be proud of. Everytime we scored, your guys answered - until the home stretch. I was really more worried about playing the pokes in Stillwater than playing the Red Raiders in Norman. And obviously with good reason!
Thanks for posting here - we all enjoy your wit and class.

NYC Poke
12/1/2008, 02:15 PM
NYC,

Over the summer, I posted my prediction here of 7-5 (A&M was a wild card and I really thought Colorado would be better than they were). It sucks to lose any game, but I'm really happy with a 9-3 season.

cvsooner
12/1/2008, 03:31 PM
In September I posted that it could very well be that the conference championship would rest on winning the game in Stillwater. I didn't quite envision all the BCS mess, but as it turned out, it is at least partially correct.

Y'all have a heckuva team. Robinson's a great QB. I hope you let us borrow him to prepare for Tebow....after we beat Mizzou, of course. Bryant had a breakout game, Hunter was as good as advertised, and as we give up a TD return on a kickoff every third game, we were due. Fortunately we only have two games left this season....

Good job, OSewe.

badger
12/1/2008, 03:50 PM
Be it known that badger is humble in defeat or victory and is NOT forcing NYC Poke to post this avatar "suggestion."

However, because he has had his crow and ate it too, I will mercifully give him a fun avvie that can be easily modified at a later date if he likes it a lot or something. I happen to notice that he does not have one yet... hmm...

In any event, post if you want, but again, it's your call, much like it was Mike Gundy's call to not call a timeout with 1:35 left :P

http://i33.tinypic.com/2zrkj6x.jpg

And yes, I know that the OU will be barely legible by the time they downsize it to avatar height/width. Ah well :D

KingBarry
12/1/2008, 04:04 PM
NYC--

You guys had some realy bad luck in putting such a great team together for the 2008 season. During most season, this year's OSU team would have been playing OU for the CCG trip, and maybe more.

Let's see if Gundy can keep it up.

Good luck in your bowl, and enjoy basketball season.

Best, Barry

NYC Poke
12/1/2008, 04:19 PM
Badger, thank you for being so gracious in victory.

Barry, I've said much the same thing myself. We should be better next year because we return a lot of talent, but I think OU and Texas are pretty much in the same boat. Aggy luck, I guess. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2008, 04:27 PM
osu will be at least pre season top 15 maybe 10

stoopified
12/1/2008, 04:33 PM
NYC,

You guys put together a hell of a lot better season than any Sooner fan would've given you guys credit for.True dat,I had you guys pegged for 7-5.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/1/2008, 05:31 PM
That was the hardest 61 points I've ever seen us make (outside of tipped balls going for touchdowns). How many 3rd and longs did we have to pick up? Not to mention the 4th downs. It was truly a pleasure watching those two quarterbacks battle each other all night.

Oh, and why do our games always last 4 hours?