PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is really starting to...

misplaced_sooner
11/30/2008, 02:16 AM
**** me off. "OU got all the bounces it needed...blah, blah, blah". Yeah and no help from the Pac-10 officiating.

FARK TEXAS

Come on voters!

ARW3
11/30/2008, 02:25 AM
like the fumble recovery by Nick?

Sooner FLiP
11/30/2008, 02:26 AM
anyone else irritated when they interviewed mack brown during the game?

Dio
11/30/2008, 02:28 AM

Yeah, did they let Bob Campaign for us during the texass game? Hell, no- not like Bob would have anyway.

MojoRisen
11/30/2008, 02:30 AM
20 points greater than 4 and on the road - no question about our game.. now should texas claim gauntlet.....

Please!!!!

Flagstaffsooner
11/30/2008, 02:31 AM
ESPN is really starting to...
Starting...where the hell have you been?

CatfishSooner
11/30/2008, 02:32 AM
**** espn , mother ****ers...

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 02:33 AM

It was pathetic. I turned to the USuC/Domer game during this time.

Sooner FLiP
11/30/2008, 02:40 AM
my buddies and i just couldnt believe it. they are deliberately trying to change the voter's minds. the entire day seemed like an anti-OU campaign from the moment i turned on ESPN at 9am to watch game day.

soonermeteor
11/30/2008, 03:00 AM
It just keeps getting worse. Chris Fowler brought up how the AP awards their own national championship when Herby was saying that Oklahoma would probably pass Texas against his wishes. Apparently they are out to screw us however possible.

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2008, 03:19 AM

Yes, i was cussing up a ****ing storm

misplaced_sooner
11/30/2008, 03:36 AM

I quit watching ESPN earlier this week b/c of the texas suck fest. The slurping is louder for Texas than it has been for USC all year...

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2008, 04:22 AM
I'd love to be texass right now...being blown by so many bitches.

OULenexaman
11/30/2008, 04:26 AM
I quit watching ESPN earlier this week b/c of the texas suck fest. The slurping is louder for Texas than it has been for USC all year...
And I wonder why that is?? USC lost very early...and the media is not on the USC bandwagon...as they normally would be......I find that funny....could change since the Beavers lost today and USC won against a pathetic ND team...

kevpks
11/30/2008, 07:22 AM

I'm a little surprised ESPN didn't hold a Save the Horns telethon to call each voter. Mack, the facebook d-bag and Pony Boy could discuss the Horns' amazing blowout of their 4 win rival.

SoonerGrad2003
11/30/2008, 08:08 AM

And Herbie and Musburger let him skate on the Tech v. UT question. What a joke.

OU-HSV
11/30/2008, 08:37 AM
Here's what I noticed from abc/espn crew during and after our game.

-During the game they gave OU a lot of unexpected love (I figured they'd turn our game into a lovefest for Colt McCoy and texass somehow).

-Sam was talked about a lot and they let everyone know how impressive he's been

-They gave our O lots of props for all of the consecutive TD drives and for answering when the sheephumpers scored

-The one thing that was annoying as hell is when they got Mack Brown on the phone and let him lobby...I told my wife that was tacky

-On sportscenter and gameday final they showed the interviews with Bob and Sam and both of them said very good things and it's good that they got to make their case

-They've replayed Sam's dive several times. And when they show the box score,they actually showed that he had a rushing touchdown for once. Generally I've noticed it seems like when he's rushed for a TD in the past, they only show his passing TDs.

So at this point ESPN/ABC has surprised me by giving us as much positive discussion as they have.
The only thing that disturbs me is that May, Lee, Kirk and Fowler seem to be siding with texass while only Lou sides with OU. And as seen in the other thread about Lou Holtz, he had some really logical/and good reasons that OU deserves to jump texass.

ouwapiti
11/30/2008, 08:53 AM
i hit mute when they gave mack the national stage for politicking.........totally uncalled for.....like we havent heard ad nauseum about the situation.....i absolutely hate abc.....they dont show replays of critical calls, usually penalties .....and musberger, OMG, he rides the jock of whoever is ahead........

SoonerBacker
11/30/2008, 08:53 AM
Granted. During the game, they gave us SOME props. Yet another phone call with Mack destroyed that for me, however. How can they justify allowing that yellow-toothed bass-turd to come on the air on a nationally televised game and whine that his team should go to the CCG? That was just a crock of Bevo fecal matter!

That, combined with the fact that the rest of the day/night, all they could do was campaign for texASS. Hell! They even took the time to show the tu plane with its banner after it failed to make it to stoolwater for the Gameday broadcast. Instead, they filmed it and showed it during OUr game!

Screw espn/abc.

ashley
11/30/2008, 09:17 AM
There should be no way for espn to allow Brown a forum last night.

OU-HSV
11/30/2008, 09:25 AM
Granted. During the game, they gave us SOME props. Yet another phone call with Mack destroyed that for me, however. How can they justify allowing that yellow-toothed bass-turd to come on the air on a nationally televised game and whine that his team should go to the CCG? That was just a crock of Bevo fecal matter!

That, combined with the fact that the rest of the day/night, all they could do was campaign for texASS. Hell! They even took the time to show the tu plane with its banner after it failed to make it to stoolwater for the Gameday broadcast. Instead, they filmed it and showed it during OUr game!

Screw espn/abc.

Yeah I forgot about the plane being shown as well, that was tacky too.

But honestly guys and gals, I dislike the media love and hype for texass as much as you all...but they gave OUr Sooners a lot of credit last night, and hell, this morning as well. They showed our highlights and box score over and over again, they showed Sam's dive over and over again.
IMO if there's anything to be pissed at ESPN/ABC it's the following:
The Mack Brown interview, the airplane being shown, and the fact that no matter what Lee, Mark May, Kirk, etc. would have witnessed in stoolwater last night they are set in their love affair with texass. So we shouldn't be surprised that they showed Lee and company still having a stiffy for texass.

Instead what we should be surprised about is all of the positive coverage they gave OU last night and today so far...and the fact that they showed Lou Holtz saying head to head is stupid, OU is the better team so they deserve to go to KC next weekend, etc. I mean I was truly surprised they showed us in a positive way as much as they did on ESPN last night.

busynothings
11/30/2008, 09:25 AM
my buddies and i just couldnt believe it. they are deliberately trying to change the voter's minds. the entire day seemed like an anti-OU campaign from the moment i turned on ESPN at 9am to watch game day.

Well, if the main-stream media can pick our next President, I imagine ESPN thinks they should pick the Big 12 South Champ.

;)

2k2 c5
11/30/2008, 09:44 AM
Here's what I noticed from abc/espn crew during and after our game.

So at this point ESPN/ABC has surprised me by giving us as much positive discussion as they have.

They probably figured that only bandwagon fans would bother to watch our game so it wouldn't hurt to fake some love.

(sarcasm for those with dry sense of humor impairment.)