11/30/2008, 01:22 AM
Good job today.

olevetonahill
11/30/2008, 01:27 AM
Good job today.

Dayum Skippy ;)

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 01:32 AM
He wasn't in there long, but he made a couple of plays and didn't blow any. If we do get the BCS nod, BV and the D have a lot of work to do in 1 week. They had Lewis in the middle and Balogun on the outside. Be interesting to see if they stick with that.

Major bummer for Box. It looked pretty bad and I'm guessing he will not be back in time for the bowl game. :(

jwlynn64
11/30/2008, 01:33 AM
Ditto on the good job. Blew up a screen too.

85sooners
11/30/2008, 01:36 AM
:cool:

aurorasooner
11/30/2008, 01:44 AM
Good form tackle hit by Balogan. I didn't see a whole lot of that by our back 7 tonight like last week against Tech, more hanging on from behind and dragging them down instead of hitting them in the mouth with authority. Also, I'm still scratching my head about that Aggie KO return and our guys trying to tackle the ball instead of wrapping up their return guy.
....I just listened to that Fox Big 12 roundup show and 1 of their talking heads said that some poll voters may change the OU/UT order because we gave up 40 tonight. Hell Texas gave up 39 on the road against Tech, but for some reason that never seems to register to these talking heads. In any event, if our D shows up better tonight and holds aggie to 21 or 28, imo scoring 61, we'd be a lock for KC. With all this shameless posturing for Texas by these ESPN talking heads, I don't know how it's going to play out. Kudos to Lou for not selling out like the rest of those dillweeds.

LRoss
11/30/2008, 01:51 AM
Ditto the original post.

Also, how about some major love for Chris Brown. How many tough runs did he make in vital situations where he was hit (sometimes repeatedly) before the necessary yardage and managed to make magic happen? Big unsung hero tonight in my book.

olevetonahill
11/30/2008, 01:56 AM
CB is a Given, Hes a Tuff Fighter .
But this thread is about Balogun .;)

soonerinabilene
11/30/2008, 01:57 AM
For the short amount of time he was in there, all i saw was positives. Heres to hoping he gets to make Chase his b*tch this saturday.

Fraggle145
11/30/2008, 02:19 AM
I was just happy that BV had a contingency plan in place this time!

OU-HSV
11/30/2008, 08:27 AM
I was just happy that BV had a contingency plan in place this time!

Exactly, we needed some sort of halfway successful plan vs. texass when RR went down and we didn't have it.
As soon as I saw Balogun in instead of Crowe, I got excited to see what he could do in that situation....and he did great for the limited playing time he had.
I'm pretty certain he made the final tackle too and almost looked like the dude fumbled the ball and Balogun got it (but at that point it didn't matter cause the game was over).

Props to him, he looks quick, and he looks large...hope he's the correct answer. I heard them speculate Box out for at least 6 weeks...so he's done for the year I'm sure.

TXBOOMER
11/30/2008, 08:42 AM
It was nice to see him wrap up and drive. Hopefully he will be ready for Mizzou and Florida. F texass!

htownsooner7
11/30/2008, 08:44 AM
Agreed. Balogun is a good player and will get a chance to show it. Love RR, thought Box was doing very well. That being said, no doubt in my mind that Balogun can do it as well.

Breadburner
11/30/2008, 09:12 AM
He looks like a hammer out there.....Great job....

VA Sooner
11/30/2008, 09:31 AM
Solid tackles last night... watched the last quarter again to make sure I was seeing what I thought I saw. Balogun needs some reps but he'll be solid as a replacement. Highly sought-after recruit from JC.

OU-HSV
11/30/2008, 09:33 AM
Did yall also notice he's the one that dropped back and I believe tipped a pass on that last or next to last possession of theirs

OUmillenium
11/30/2008, 09:40 AM
Yes.

He was involved a lot as soon as he came in. Wonder if OSUx was "going right at him"? He definitely tackled well which we have not done enough of this year or in big games the last few years.

Really glad for him and the d in getting a couple of 2nd half stops.

Breadburner
11/30/2008, 09:41 AM
Did yall also notice he's the one that dropped back and I believe tipped a pass on that last or next to last possession of theirs

Actually their reciever tipped it and he got a hand on it after that....

KingBarry
11/30/2008, 09:49 AM
Balogun was ready to play some ball. Looked like he's been chapped sitting on the bench all year and couldn't wait to get some PT. Dude took advantage of it.

I'm giving him a "Barry Game Ball" for this week.

ArkanSooner
11/30/2008, 10:00 AM
Aye, good job.

He is a BIG guy. Hopefully he'll be all ready to go for the next game. This one was promising.

OU-HSV
11/30/2008, 10:08 AM
Actually their reciever tipped it and he got a hand on it after that....

You're probably right. Well he was close to it, at least he was capable of dropping back into coverage