PDA

View Full Version : I like Lou Holtz's idea

batonrougesooner
11/30/2008, 01:07 AM
OU and Texas should play each other for the conference championship.

What does playing Missouri prove anyway?

TMcGee86
11/30/2008, 01:17 AM
I know it will never happen, but if the Big12 had any nads at all, they would amend the rule that says a North team has to play a South team for the Championship.

It would create a de-facto four team playoff and cancel all but the most obscure doubts in everyones mind as to who deserves the MNC game.

Plus it would open the door for a playoff in future years.

SoonerLB
11/30/2008, 01:27 AM
Holtz stole that idea from me, that old homer. ;)
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125382 post # 13

Dio
11/30/2008, 02:47 AM
Pretty sad when Granny Clampett is the voice of reason on the Worldwide Misleader...

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2008, 03:42 AM
Lou is right, and i've been saying the same thing for several years now

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2008, 04:13 AM
I'd love to do it that way.

SoonerGirl1201
11/30/2008, 04:22 AM
The argument against is that the team that won the first one would have to win again (why punish them by making them beat the team they already beat) - but I think it is a great idea.

Here would be my by-law.

The North Champ plays the South Champ - UNLESS one of the champs has more conference losses than the second place finisher in the other division. In that case the second place finisher plays that divisons Champ for the overall Championship.

Works for me.....of course, I don't believe we would have had a team representing the North since maybe 02?

batonrougesooner
11/30/2008, 06:13 AM
The argument against is that the team that won the first one would have to win again (why punish them by making them beat the team they already beat) - but I think it is a great idea.

Here would be my by-law.

The North Champ plays the South Champ - UNLESS one of the champs has more conference losses than the second place finisher in the other division. In that case the second place finisher plays that divisons Champ for the overall Championship.

Works for me.....of course, I don't believe we would have had a team representing the North since maybe 02?

Not always.

Plus, OU had to beat Mizzou twice last year.

OU-HSV
11/30/2008, 08:19 AM
Generally speaking I don't care for Lou. But last night he said some good things about why we deserve it over texass...props to Lou for doing the unpopular (but fairly logical) thing.
Most or all of the other ESPN d-bags are all set that texass deserves it.