PDA

View Full Version : Criteria for the voters

IronHorseSooner
11/30/2008, 01:05 AM
Point differential: OU wins this (don't remember the stat they showed during the game, but it grew.

Number of BCS Top 20 teams beaten:
OU- 4
UT- 3
TT- 2

Number of Bowl Teams Beaten:
OU- 6
UT- 5
TT-5

Significant Road Win:
OU- 1
UT- 1/2 (RRR, I guess)
TT- 0

Who lost first- us

Voters will have to justify reversing their votes after OU beat a highly ranked rival on national TV.

UTerus' computer rankings should take a HUGE hit with Mizzou's loss, to some extent with CU's loss to Nebbish.

If UTerus' gets there, it will be by sheer, shameless politicking and media whoring by the ABC family of networks. By any way that you would split these three great teams, OU wins. PERIOD.

Flagstaffsooner
11/30/2008, 01:16 AM
I would love to be a parity bit on the wall seeing what those computers are coming up with now.

chad
11/30/2008, 01:18 AM
Here is another one to add.

Summation of Margin of victory of all common opponents (OSU, Baylor, A&M, Kansas)
OU: 114
UT: 96
Tech: 103

SoFla Sooner
11/30/2008, 01:26 AM
We will do absolutely fine with the computers, no question.
Just a matter of whether the coaches/Harris voters pay attention to media campaigns by ESPN/ABC and the Mack Attack. If they do, then that is just pathetic.

I think we will be playing Mizzou next week.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 01:27 AM
A big factor for me if I were a voter is OU proved they could overcome adversity. On the road with the other team rolling and the crowd going wild. The missed fumble that could have turned the game earlier, losing our middle line-backer (again). Sam tweaking his left thumb which cost a couple of exchanges. Most teams would have folded, but OU just kept moving the ball, converting 3rd downs (and 4ths) and responding until OSU couldn't keep up. This was a very similar game to UT where we didn't respond and shows we are a better team now.