PDA

View Full Version : 55% Chance We're 3rd Tomorrow

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:18 AM
After ESPN's shameless lobbying, I now think we're more likely than not to be 3rd tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

During the game, they showed the Texas flyover that happened HOURS earlier in the day, they interviewed Mack Brown, and Musberger, after the OSU touchdown kick return, said something along the lines of "how can voters not put the Longhorns ahead after this?" (That's probably a very bad paraphrase, but he said something close, and damaging)

I think it's unforgivable that a network can take over a very two sided discussion and shamelessly try to put their favorite team in by only showcasing one side.

AlbqSooner
11/30/2008, 12:21 AM
I loved that in the post game interview Stoops refused to play.

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:26 AM

That was great, and part of the reason why I think we'll still hold 2nd in the coaches poll, but I think we may drop to 4th in the Harris, and I believe that will do us in.

G-d I hope I'm wrong, all of this makes me sick. Rightfully we should've only had to win by 1pt in this game, we won by 20 and because of ABC and their family we may be totally screwed.

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:27 AM

That was great, and part of the reason why I think we'll still hold 2nd in the coaches poll, but I think we may drop to 4th in the Harris, and I believe that will do us in.

G-d I hope I'm wrong, all of this makes me sick. Rightfully we should've only had to win by 1pt in this game, we won by 20 and because of ABC and their family we may be totally screwed.

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:28 AM

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:29 AM

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:30 AM

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 12:33 AM
Geez the servers are really screwed tonight, didn't mean to post that 800 times.

redhawk49
11/30/2008, 12:44 AM
I thought it was just me and that deja vu thing.....

cheezyq
11/30/2008, 12:57 AM
The biggest problem is that everyone wants to use the 1st tiebreaker as the ONLY means to decide a race that goes down to the 5th tiebreaker.

SoonerBacker
11/30/2008, 12:57 AM
And yet, at the end of the game, Herbstreit says that he would be shocked if Oklahoma did not go to the CCG.

they actively campign for texASS for over 12 hours, then throw that in at the last minute.

As Coach Stoops said, we'll see. We did all we could do. Now it's up to others.

Regardless of how it turns out, we proved beyond any shadow of a doubt which program has class, and which program is a bunch of whiney-a$$ed beeeeeatches! :texan:

Wishboned
11/30/2008, 01:02 AM
I thought it was just me and that deja vu thing.....

I just thought everyone was agreeing with him.

TexasEx4OU
11/30/2008, 01:04 AM
I'm normally a conference guy. But if this shameless Texas PR douching manages to get them into the CCG and, likely, the NCG, I hope either 'Bama or Florida stomps a sizable mudhole in the :texan: .

Widescreen
11/30/2008, 01:05 AM
So where did you get this 55% figure? Was this some detailed analysis done by someone or did you just pull it out of thin air?

vigilantesooner
11/30/2008, 01:12 AM
So where did you get this 55% figure? Was this some detailed analysis done by someone or did you just pull it out of thin air?

I spun the big wheel of OU fortune, 100 slots, it landed on 55.

All of this shameless lobbying has got me good and worried, and it doesn't take a huge shift for us to get screwed. If we drop just one spot in either human poll that may be all it takes. And that would be terrible, when we should MOVE UP not down. We are the only team among the big 4 south teams who's beaten one of the others on the road, and we won by 20.

SCOUT
11/30/2008, 01:22 AM
I spun the big wheel of OU fortune, 100 slots, it landed on 55.

All of this shameless lobbying has got me good and worried, and it doesn't take a huge shift for us to get screwed. If we drop just one spot in either human poll that may be all it takes. And that would be terrible, when we should MOVE UP not down. We are the only team among the big 4 south teams who's beaten one of the others on the road, and we won by 20.

I don't think if we lose out in this scenario it would constitute us getting screwed, we should have won in Dallas.

However, if we play by the rules as they are currently laid out, we should be the ones in the conference championship game. All of this only reinforces the problems with the current system.

SoFla Sooner
11/30/2008, 01:23 AM
I'm normally a conference guy. But if this shameless Texas PR douching manages to get them into the CCG and, likely, the NCG, I hope either 'Bama or Florida stomps a sizable mudhole in the :texan: .

I totally agree with you . And I will do you one better. I will attend the CG and cheer for the other team (it'll be painful if its the Gators) to kill Texas. I really am at an all time "they make me sick" level.

I still have pretty high hopes that it will be my Sooners in that game, though. I think there are a reasonable number of voters that are able to think for themselves out there. Especially those former athletes and coaches that vote in the Harris poll. They don't give a crap what Herbstreit thinks. It is patently obvious who the best team in the Big XII South is right now. And it isn't a team from Texas.

The Maestro
11/30/2008, 01:26 AM
You are guessing. Relax. Out of your hands.

tommieharris91
11/30/2008, 01:27 AM
I saw this on another board:

I entered:
Florida beats Florida State
Georgia Tech beats Georgia
Alabama beats Auburn
Kansas beats Missouri
Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State

into the colley playgod feature. last week in the BCS It was
1. TEXAS (10-1) 0.94460
2. ALABAMA (11-0) 0.91600
3. UTAH (12-0) 0.90587
4. FLORIDA (10-1) 0.90217
5. OKLAHOMA (10-1) 0.89398

it spits out
1. TEXAS (10-1) 0.94429
2. OKLAHOMA (11-1) 0.92392
3. FLORIDA (11-1) 0.92107
4. ALABAMA (12-0) 0.91556
5. UTAH (12-0) 0.90634

Note: Texas and Texas Tech games seemingly have NO impact on the ordering.

One thing to take note of is that Florida and Oklahoma were behind Utah (and Texas Tech) in the computers prior to this week. They're both likely to surpass Utah in most of the computers and possibly Texas Tech. Texas had no "hidden" points to make up in the computers. Oklahoma did. My guess is that our BCS rankings tomorrow will be:

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. Southern Cal

If other computers that had OU behind the likes of Texas Tech follow suit, OU will be gaining a lot of ground on Texas in the computers.

I also think the division between OU and Texas will be razor-thin. I'm nervous.

SoonerShark
11/30/2008, 01:30 AM
If we don't go to KC, I will root for Missouri. I am going to be in KC regardless but I won't go to the game unless OU is in it. We are 5-1 with me in attendance at the Big XII Championship game. IF UM wins our team is heading to Florida, though I have things scheduled in Oklahoma on and before the game day and will NOT attend...and besides that we are 0-3 in BCS games I attended recently. I did win us the Cotton Bowl and Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl, however. I missed the Boise State game because my mother passed away and it just did not seem very important that day.

westcoast_sooner
11/30/2008, 01:30 AM
In the end, if the BCS sends Texas to the CCG, it will simply be because more of them felt that Texas is the better team due to head to head, and they'll have that point - we lost in Dallas.

The argument really falls apart, since Texas beat us, we beat Tech and Tech beat Texas - hence we each have our own valid viewpoints. The Big 12 tiebreaker has to be resolved.

ARW3
11/30/2008, 01:53 AM
I root against UT no matter the circumstances. I admit it was a tough choice in the VY vs USC rose bowl.