PDA

View Full Version : I knew the pokes where in trouble....

stoops the eternal pimp
11/30/2008, 12:08 AM
when their defensive guys started getting "injured" like they did last year at Norman. OU offense starts getting on a role and then all of a sudden, their guys couldn't get up for a while...then a miracle happened and they would come back in on the next play after they sat one out. I think Bob noticed it because of his body language after it happened 3 or 4 times...same stuff they did last year...must be a beckman technique.

Anyway it was a sign they were done.

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2008, 12:11 AM
yeah...whaaaaa!

mfosterftw
11/30/2008, 01:07 AM
I think the best thing that happened to us on both sides of the ball was OSU's kick return for a TD. It gave our defense a few extra minutes of rest, and put their defense right back on the field. It was in that following series that OSU started to break down.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/30/2008, 01:13 AM
Same thing I thought..put their d back on the field and took their O outta rhythm with the long break...

I told my wife they was gonna stop getting up off the field one by one to slow down the tempo of the game but it didn't help them any....

TMcGee86
11/30/2008, 01:14 AM
I think the best thing that happened to us on both sides of the ball was OSU's kick return for a TD. It gave our defense a few extra minutes of rest, and put their defense right back on the field. It was in that following series that OSU started to break down.

I thought that as well. It would have been the first series after Box was hurt, and because of the KR the D got an extra strategy session to get ready to go without Box.

Bo played awesome. I was really worried but he stepped up bigtime.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2008, 01:17 AM
I have never seen so many players injured. At first I thought OSU may be using a ruse to slow down the no-huddle.

SoonerDood
11/30/2008, 08:53 AM
so bush league. I expect that out of 2A high schoolers.

1890MilesToNorman
11/30/2008, 09:03 AM

I agree, Pokes had to defend back to back 80 yrd drives. That KO return did have a silver lining. I wouldn't put that in a game plan though!

fossil
11/30/2008, 09:05 AM
when their defensive guys started getting "injured" like they did last year at Norman. OU offense starts getting on a role and then all of a sudden, their guys couldn't get up for a while...then a miracle happened and they would come back in on the next play after they sat one out. I think Bob noticed it because of his body language after it happened 3 or 4 times...same stuff they did last year...must be a beckman technique.

Anyway it was a sign they were done.

:mad: I noticed the same thing. Funny how they can lay there and act like they're hurt, then when they get to the sidelines they seem to be just fine. I really didn't think Gundy would pull stuff like that, but I stand corrected. Bush league!!

VA Sooner
11/30/2008, 09:34 AM
Not my choice of defensive strategies... but the KO return did give our defense extra time to get something together. And their defense was getting hammered.