PDA

View Full Version : Here is why Texas will play Florida

oumartin
11/29/2008, 11:54 PM
If voters are watching this game would you wanna put OU against a mobile qb like Tebow?

Scoregasm
11/30/2008, 12:04 AM
Yes. We have played mobile turds in the past. We still put up 50 on them.

ArkanSooner
11/30/2008, 12:08 AM
Robinson is a lot more "mobile" than Tebow, IMO. Tebow is a lot more powerful, to be sure, but Robinson is by far quicker and more elusive.

Soonermagik
11/30/2008, 12:13 AM
Umm.. did you miss the part where we won by 20 points?????

OSU has a good offense like Florida and it shows me we can beat high powered mobile QB offenses.

Blues1
11/30/2008, 12:14 AM
Yes --- I would take Sam Over tebow Any Day.....!!!!

Sam You Rock ---- :)

sooner59
11/30/2008, 12:23 AM
Tebow is a different type of mobile QB, as in he mostly just breaks tackles and runs over people. I'll take Jeremy Beal over Tebow in that battle any day.

Soonermagik
11/30/2008, 12:41 AM
delete

DangTire
11/30/2008, 12:42 AM
If any of you think Tebow couldn't pass as well as run on this pathetic defense you're living in a dream world. If they play Florida in the CG it will look like a basketball game just broke out. If OSU can do this to them, Florida will certainly do it to them. They'll have to score 70 to win. That's completely ridiculous.

Okie35
11/30/2008, 12:44 AM
whoa whoa whoa when did florida win the sec title game hahaha... i think saban will have them ready but yea my money would be on uf against bama

DangTire
11/30/2008, 12:47 AM
Umm.. did you miss the part where we won by 20 points?????

OSU has a good offense like Florida and it shows me we can beat high powered mobile QB offenses.

Yeah, you like having to score 60 some odd points to win and have a head coach, who rightly, is mortified to kick a field goal because he knows his ****ty defense can't stop them? RRRRRrrrrriiiggghhhhttttt.

Partial Qualifier
11/30/2008, 12:58 AM
defeatist?

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2008, 01:02 AM
If any of you think Tebow couldn't pass as well as run on this pathetic defense you're living in a dream world. If they play Florida in the CG it will look like a basketball game just broke out. If OSU can do this to them, Florida will certainly do it to them. They'll have to score 70 to win. That's completely ridiculous.

Not gonna fix this one...You're a moron.

SoonerBacker
11/30/2008, 01:03 AM
defeatist?

Just a Whorn, from the sound of it.

Widescreen
11/30/2008, 01:03 AM
Yeah, you like having to score 60 some odd points to win and have a head coach, who rightly, is mortified to kick a field goal because he knows his ****ty defense can't stop them? RRRRRrrrrriiiggghhhhttttt.

So if OU beats someone in the MNC game 80-79, does OU not win? The idea is to score more points than the opponent regardless of how many points that is. Suck it, horn.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 01:10 AM

Sure, why not ? There is 115+ teams out there that wish they had what we have. If you only want a team that is guaranteed to win every game, I don't think college football is the right sport for you to watch.

westcoast_sooner
11/30/2008, 01:17 AM
IMO, Tebow is more like the KSU QB, Freeman with a better O Line and a better arm. He's tough to bring down, and will hurt you if you don't knock him down first. Robinson is much more mobile, and quick. Florida has some weapons and would be tough to stop. It will be fun to watch how 'Bama defends him next week.

weldonmbc
11/30/2008, 01:20 AM
Why is this debate only about OU/Texas? Why does everyone give the SEC a free pass? We should get a OU Texas rematch in the National Championship Game because they are clearly the best two teams in college football. It seems that everyone if fine with giving the SEC an automatic berth in the game even if Florida wins. Let's include Florida in the debate. Let's examine their body of work with that of Oklahoma and Texas. Even if they beat an undefeated Alabama team, they have still have not done as much as either OU or Texas. Why aren't more people challenging this line of thinking? Let's unite to confront the message that the talking heads in the sports media world are trying to cram down our throats again!

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=42171767889

A Sooner in Texas
11/30/2008, 01:23 AM
Just a Whorn, from the sound of it.

And a very bitter whorn, from the sound of it.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/30/2008, 01:26 AM

Easy there, Ace! Sorry OU pummelled your Pokes, but .... worry about your own issues.

SoonerBacker
11/30/2008, 01:31 AM
So it's a puke? GEEZE! You get beat and then come around here runnin your yap?

Go over to the sheep barn and console yourself with a few of the os ewes!

soonergirlNeugene
11/30/2008, 01:39 AM
I think Stoops showed what he can do vs a mobile QB in last year's CCG. Besides, it may not even be Florida. Bammer is still the undefeated team in that conference.

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 01:44 AM
OK nOObs, Dangtire goes way far in his ripping of our defense but that does not make him a poke or a whorn. It just means he doesn't like the way our defense plays. Any other great theories you have?

bcgvh
11/30/2008, 02:14 AM
Florida's offense isn't going to play us any better than OSU at home. Plus, Saban will show Venables how to slow down Florida's offense. :)

Curly Bill
11/30/2008, 02:16 AM
Florida's offense isn't going to play us any better than OSU at home. Plus, Saban will show Venables how to slow down Florida's offense. :)

Bob hasn't been able to show him much, why would Saban be able to? ;)

Octavian
11/30/2008, 02:19 AM
Here is why Texas will play Florida

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8803/294195122438e8ab12bzt4.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/294195122438e8ab12bzt4.jpg/1/w500.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img339/294195122438e8ab12bzt4.jpg/1/)

bcgvh
11/30/2008, 02:21 AM
So it's a puke? GEEZE! You get beat and then come around here runnin your yap?

Go over to the sheep barn and console yourself with a few of the os ewes!

Well, they just put together their best team EVER, and they still lose to us by 20 at home. :D They'll start their nonsense all over again next year.

Widescreen
11/30/2008, 02:23 AM
Well, they just put together their best team EVER, and they still lose to us by 20 at home. :D They'll start their nonsense all over again next year.

TEAM ON THE RISE!

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2008, 02:24 AM
Hey, if we get to the MNC we might lose - there will probably be another good team show up. No risk, no reward as they say. I always want OU to win 50-0 when the game starts, but the best wins afterward are the one you have to fight for tooth and nail. I enjoyed this one.

VA Sooner
11/30/2008, 09:46 AM
Tough fought battle in a hostile environment... just like a MNC game would be. Texas having a tough time in their own backyard against this same Aggie team?

Ideally, would have loved to have seen Florida choke in Tallahassee against FSU then beat Alabama to put the two best teams in the MNC and have them fight it out on the field. Doubt if anyone outside of Sooner and Horn fans want to see a re-match...

Flagstaffsooner
11/30/2008, 09:52 AM
Just a Whorn, from the sound of it.And the smell of it.http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/tylerg_2007/turd.png

trwxxa
11/30/2008, 09:54 AM
Here is why Texas will play Florida in the Sugar Bowl

Finished the title for ya. :D

humblesooner
11/30/2008, 10:02 AM
Why is this debate only about OU/Texas? Why does everyone give the SEC a free pass? We should get a OU Texas rematch in the National Championship Game because they are clearly the best two teams in college football. It seems that everyone if fine with giving the SEC an automatic berth in the game even if Florida wins. Let's include Florida in the debate. Let's examine their body of work with that of Oklahoma and Texas. Even if they beat an undefeated Alabama team, they have still have not done as much as either OU or Texas. Why aren't more people challenging this line of thinking? Let's unite to confront the message that the talking heads in the sports media world are trying to cram down our throats again!

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=42171767889

I think you are correct. Instead of questioning whether OU will leapfrog Texas with the OSU win (which I think they will easily do), we should be asking if Florida can jump Texas IF they beat Alabama.