PDA

View Full Version : Story of my OU flag

8timechamps
11/29/2008, 05:04 PM
Last Saturday, I spent most of the morning/early afternoon cleaning my garage waiting on the OU/Tech game. I was going through some boxes I hadn’t looked in for years. I came across a box of OU stuff. There was a couple of hats, and an OU flag.

This flag was purchased in 1999, and flew outside my home for the entire 2000 season. I took the flag down and must have placed it in the box. I have since moved twice, and the flag was never "found". Anyway, in the past, I always folded my OU flags like I would an American flag (triangle fold). Somehow, this flag was folded like you might fold a towel or pillow case.

So, last Saturday, I brought the flag in and set it on the desk in my office. Later in the day, my son and I were “watching” the OU/GW bball game (not really watching, but watching the play-by-play on ESPN.com).

During the last 5 or 6 minutes, it was starting to look bad for the Sooners. My son noticed my OU flag, and asked me about it. For some reason, I decided it needed to be folded “correctly”. So, together, we folded the flag with the respect it deserves.

Sure enough, our Sooners went on to beat Gardner Webb. So, I took the folded flag and put it on the mantle near my TV. And, we all know how the TT game went. Then, in a game that looked lost yesterday for the hoops team, I placed it back on the mantle at half-time…and we knock off Purdue and won the pre-season NIT.

I’m not big on superstitions, but rest assured, the flag is already resting on the mantle prepared to bring the Sooners its mojo.

For over 7 years, we’ve been so close so many times, and now, after years in a dark, stuffy, cramped cardboard box, the flag is free to do what it does.

You’re welcome in advance.

StormySooner-IN
11/29/2008, 05:14 PM
Greatness.

Unfortunately, We need some MOJO for Tech. NOW.

8timechamps
11/29/2008, 06:23 PM
Greatness.

Unfortunately, We need some MOJO for Tech. NOW.

I just turned on the game and have the flag close by.

Shouldn't take long.

vigilantesooner
11/29/2008, 06:29 PM

Shouldn't take long.

Tie ballgame, thank you Mojo Flag!

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2008, 06:32 PM

Shouldn't take long.

greatness :pop:

OUWxGuesser
11/29/2008, 06:41 PM
FLAG FOR THE WIN