PDA

View Full Version : Who do we root for?

emoinwinter
11/29/2008, 01:25 PM
Figured a thread needed to be out there for who we root for today with the big games. There are smarter people on here than me, so I'll put up the games, and you tell us who winning would benefit us the most with computers or pollsters. Times will be in Central.

11:00 - Georgia Tech at Georgia - ?
11:00 - Kansas at Missouri - Kansas
11:00 - Syracuse at Cincinnati - Cincinnati
2:30 - Auburn at Alabama - ?
2:30 - Florida at Florida St - Florida
2:30 - Baylor at Texas Tech - Texas Tech
2:30 - Maryland at Boston College - ?
6:07 - Oregon at Oregon St - ?
7:00 - Notre Dame at USC - ?
7:00 - Oklahoma at Oklahoma St - ?

Please add any games that aren't mentioned here but are important. There are just the top 25 teams listed.

noobalicious
11/29/2008, 01:28 PM
explain to me why we root for florida OR alabama. If both of them were to lose (or one of them) we would move up into favorable position to get into the MNC even if we don't get to the CCG.

SoonerBacker
11/29/2008, 01:32 PM
GT v UGA = GT
KU v MizzOU = KU
Syracuse v Cincy = Cincy
Auburn v Bama = Auburn
FU v FSU = FU
Baylor v TT = TT
Maryland v BC = Who cares?
Oregon v Oregon St = Oregon St
Notre Dame v SUC = Notre Dame
Oklahoma v oSuCKS = SOONERS, of course!

Not that I think all of those will happen, but that's who I'm pulling for.

bri
11/29/2008, 01:34 PM
I'm rooting for Georgia Tech just because it warms my heart to see the triple option back in major college football. :D

Curly Bill
11/29/2008, 01:37 PM
As usual I'll root for whatever team I like the most, or hate the least, and let the chips rankings-wise and all that BS fall where they may.

Johnny Utah
11/29/2008, 01:39 PM
I'm rooting for Georgia Tech just because it warms my heart to see the triple option back in major college football. :D

Me too :D ! But could they run it with a little more speed and purpose? It looks like GT is walking through the paces like their in pregame or something. :confused:

bri
11/29/2008, 01:41 PM
I just want KU to beat Mizzou 'cause I'm tired of hearing everyone making a pro-Texas argument talking about their win over Mizzou as if they beat the '67 Packers.

boomersooner24
11/29/2008, 01:41 PM
We should actually root for Florida, because if they were to lose, Texas would gain votes in the polls. I know one of the polls has Florida at 3 and Texas at 4. If Florida loses, then Texas could gain on us depending on how people vote.

bri
11/29/2008, 01:53 PM
Heh. STUNNED TIGER FAN! :D

vigilantesooner
11/29/2008, 01:57 PM
I'm rooting for:
Florida (Bama in the CCG)
Auburn
GTech
KU
NDame
Oregon St
Maryland
Cincy
TTech
OU (duh)

If all of those happen, all will be well in college football.

nytehorn
11/29/2008, 02:09 PM
Personally, I am rooting for Auburn AND Florida St. Even though I live in Texas, I am the Eastern Regional Mgr for a trucking company; over every terminal east of the Mississippi river. I am sick and tired of my drivers e-mailing me how the SEC Championship, should really be the MNC, as either 'Bama or Florida would beat any of the top Big XII teams.

SOONERnTx
11/29/2008, 02:13 PM
Figured a thread needed to be out there for who we root for today with the big games. There are smarter people on here than me, so I'll put up the games, and you tell us who winning would benefit us the most with computers or pollsters. Times will be in Central.

11:00 - Georgia Tech at Georgia - ?
11:00 - Kansas at Missouri - Kansas
11:00 - Syracuse at Cincinnati - Cincinnati
2:30 - Auburn at Alabama - ?
2:30 - Florida at Florida St - Florida
2:30 - Baylor at Texas Tech - Texas Tech
2:30 - Maryland at Boston College - ?
6:07 - Oregon at Oregon St - ?
7:00 - Notre Dame at USC - ?
7:00 - Oklahoma at Oklahoma St - ?

Please add any games that aren't mentioned here but are important. There are just the top 25 teams listed.

Why in the world do you have a ? by Oklahoma at oklahoma state??????

emoinwinter
11/29/2008, 02:32 PM
Why in the world do you have a ? by Oklahoma at oklahoma state??????

I hope you are joking about my joke :)

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 02:43 PM
Mizz is getting kicked. In the interest of OU and the BCS I am rooting for Mizz. Am I wrong?

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 02:44 PM
If Kansas beats MU, then OU (assuming we win the tiebreaker) would play a weaker team in the CCG. Could that hurt us in the end?

OUstud
11/29/2008, 02:45 PM
Mizz is getting kicked. In the interest of OU and the BCS I am rooting for Mizz. Am I wrong?

I believe so. OU and uterus beat KU, but only uterus beat Mizzou. So a KU win would theoretically help us slightly more.

vigilantesooner
11/29/2008, 02:48 PM
If Kansas beats MU, then OU (assuming we win the tiebreaker) would play a weaker team in the CCG. Could that hurt us in the end?

There's no way it'll hurt us, no matter what Mizz does they'll still be a ranked team with a good record, and that will be good for OU. It's much more important for OU to get there then for us to play a higher ranked opponent once we're there. Missouri losing will hurt Texas and help us.

soonermeteor
11/29/2008, 02:50 PM
It doesn't matter who we play in the CCG. It's basically been decided by the voters that it will be a SEC vs. Big 12 championship game barring upsets.

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 02:50 PM
I figure it don't matter either way, after thinking about it. If MU wins, that helps TX but means OU will play a higher ranked team. If MU loses it hurts TX but OU plays a lower ranked team. I don't know.

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 02:51 PM
Does a Kansas win help us much? since mizzo played ut?

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 02:52 PM
I figure it don't matter either way, after thinking about it. If MU wins, that helps TX but means OU will play a higher ranked team. If MU loses it hurts TX but OU plays a lower ranked team. I don't know.

ya, but its all about this weekend. It won't matter what the ranking of Missouri is, next week.

Go Kansas

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 02:54 PM
There's no way it'll hurt us, no matter what Mizz does they'll still be a ranked team with a good record, and that will be good for OU. It's much more important for OU to get there then for us to play a higher ranked opponent once we're there. Missouri losing will hurt Texas and help us.

This sounds good to me. Thanks