PDA

View Full Version : Whorn Flyover Grounded

yukonmiller
11/29/2008, 12:56 PM
By FOG. Ha, all that fundraising they did

http://forums.hornfans.com/php...p;o=0&fpart=

"Apparently the fog level was too low and the plane could not fly. However, rumor is another plane got up so there is going to be some gnashing of teeth. "

jrboomersooner
11/29/2008, 12:58 PM
There were actually two other planes that got to go, leaving the texas plane out. sound familiar?

GottaHavePride
11/29/2008, 12:59 PM
Bwahaha.

A-M
11/29/2008, 01:00 PM
What a shame! I was so looking forward to seeing the sign during Gameday today. Sorry we must miss it. ha ha!

GottaHavePride
11/29/2008, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry, that last one should have been "Muahahahaaaaaaaa"

Last night I remembered where I put Gene Thrailkill's weather control device.

1890MilesToNorman
11/29/2008, 01:01 PM
Flying out of the BCS airport I presume? Who won the head to head dogfights this year?

OUSuperman
11/29/2008, 01:11 PM
Flying out of the BCS airport I presume? Who won the head to head dogfights this year?

Please tell me this airport was on a neutral site. If we gotta hear "If it wasn't for another last second miracle, on the road...":texan:

CatfishSooner
11/29/2008, 01:11 PM
brad sanford 4 hesiman...

swardboy
11/29/2008, 01:19 PM
The football gods are with us.....

fadada1
11/29/2008, 01:40 PM
apparently another airport allowed 65 planes out, but since it was closer to norman, it doesn't count as much as the 33 that were let out at the airport closer to austin.

i got nuthin'

SoonerTroll
11/29/2008, 01:43 PM
hahahahahahahahaha, that little facebook dork is probably uuuuupset.

XingTheRubicon
11/29/2008, 01:47 PM
"I hate Texas."

-GOD

okienole3
11/29/2008, 01:51 PM
I like this reply from a Sooner.

friendly tip: If you decide to hire a plane and the goal is time sensitive or mission critical hire one that is equipped with instrumentation from the last thirty years or so.

Soonerus
11/29/2008, 01:52 PM
karma...

vigilantesooner
11/29/2008, 01:53 PM
I like this reply from a Sooner.

That's what they get for hiring a plane in Aggieland. It was doomed from the start.

Jacie
11/29/2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know if this link will let you in but here are some comments from a few frustrated horns . . .

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5810969&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Some snippets:

Where did our money go?

Lost opportunity. Can't read that banner during the game tonight... it will be dark at kickoff. How do peeps that contributed $ to do this get their $ back?

I saw a plane flying near the Cotton Bowl during my run this morning, did they pick the wrong stadium?

And from a hornfans.com regular who posts as Sooner-Tuf:

friendly tip: If you decide to hire a plane and the goal is time sensitive or mission critical hire one that is equipped with instrumentation from the last thirty years or so.

I guess with a 1000+ posts Longhorngirlie won't bane him for getting in a dig since he has done plenty of (Mack) brown nosing to have stayed there this long.

nytehorn
11/29/2008, 01:57 PM
GOOD!! I, as a Hornfan, thought that was THE stupidest gimmick I had ever heard of. What a waste of money! Did they actually think that was gonna have any voters change their opinion?? We made our case on the field Thursday, OU will make theirs tonight on the field. After that, it will be in the hands of the voters, and a STUPID fly-by banner will not help sway any voters. JMHO

Sooner98
11/29/2008, 01:58 PM
apparently another airport allowed 65 planes out, but since it was closer to norman, it doesn't count as much as the 33 that were let out at the airport closer to austin.

i got nuthin'

Admirable effort. :D

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 02:00 PM
GOOD!! I, as a Hornfan, thought that was THE stupidest gimmick I had ever heard of. What a waste of money! Did they actually think that was gonna have any voters change their opinion?? We made our case on the field Thursday, OU will make theirs tonight on the field. After that, it will be in the hands of the voters, and a STUPID fly-by banner will not help sway any voters. JMHO

Careful...your gonna get accused of nosing around Bob Stoops. :D ;)

Jacie
11/29/2008, 02:18 PM

Once again, one of our in-house longhorn posters is making me stick to my started-this-season policy* of trying to spread some degree of respect for Texas and fans thereof, akin to what we have to varying degrees with Nebraska (a relationship that was strained for a few years but is now on the mend, I hope). I was ready to throw in the towel till mojo posted an opnion a couple of days ago that was actually thought out versus the knee-jerk "suck" comment I am used to reading from orangebloods whenever anything about Oklahoma comes up. I realize I spend way too much time reading hornfans.com but the sheer volume of posts there sometimes leads to real information about football, which I enjoy, along with the humorous stuff (some of it unintentional).

*To reiterate I have decided to show respect for Texas and fans by no longer writing saxet when referring to the University of Texas or whorns when referring to the fans. This does not affect my "crybabies" campaign which is focused on the complaints about Oklahoma being chosen for the MNC game over Texas, because the Texas fans are hung up on one game's outcome and disregard (often rudely) any argument that tilts toward Oklahoma. If Texas fans had anything else to say that was not part of the circular logic of who-beat-whom I might give some pause to consider it but the whole "45-35" campaign insults the very people it is directed towards.

Flying Scotsman
11/29/2008, 02:20 PM
Them Texians have been snookered....

vigilantesooner
11/29/2008, 02:24 PM
Once again, one of our in-house longhorn posters is making me stick to my started-this-season policy* of trying to spread some degree of respect for Texas and fans thereof, akin to what we have to varying degrees with Nebraska (a relationship that was strained for a few years but is now on the mend, I hope). I was ready to throw in the towel till mojo posted an opnion a couple of days ago that was actually thought out versus the knee-jerk "suck" comment I am used to reading from orangebloods whenever anything about Oklahoma comes up. I realize I spend way too much time reading hornfans.com but the sheer volume of posts there sometimes leads to real information about football, which I enjoy, along with the humorous stuff (some of it unintentional).

*To reiterate I have decided to show respect for Texas and fans by no longer writing saxet when referring to the University of Texas or whorns when referring to the fans. This does not affect my "crybabies" campaign which is focused on the complaints about Oklahoma being chosen for the MNC game over Texas, because the Texas fans are hung up on one game's outcome and disregard (often rudely) any argument that tilts toward Oklahoma. If Texas fans had anything else to say that was not part of the circular logic of who-beat-whom I might give some pause to consider it but the whole "45-35" campaign insults the very people it is directed towards.

I like the old way, respect for Nebraska, hate for Texas.

soonerboomer93
11/29/2008, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry, that last one should have been "Muahahahaaaaaaaa"

Last night I remembered where I put Gene Thrailkill's weather control device.

dude, you just had to ask

everyone knows he had loaned it to W

soonerboomer93
11/29/2008, 02:30 PM
heh

apparenly the left Longhorn Bob in charge of the plane, since he has such intimate knowledge of stillwater

oupride
11/29/2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the post

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 03:00 PM
I heard that the plane's instrumentation was provided by Hornfans. It would tell you the plane's position, but only 15 minutes after you had been there.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 03:01 PM
apparenly the left Longhorn Bob in charge of the plane, since he has such intimate knowledge of stillwater

Don't expect to hear of any refunds.

bringit
11/29/2008, 03:55 PM
saw on another chatboard the plane is in the air

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 04:11 PM
"Look, you paid us to fly the banner, and we did. We know it was a little late, but pay us our money."

MichiganSooner
11/29/2008, 10:00 PM
I got a phone call from our neighbor kid after he got back to OSU about 4 PM saying, "guess what is up in the air over campus?" I said what. He said,"the texass plane pulling a sign that says texass 45-OU 35 We won on a neutral field." So, I guess it got off the ground and up there but after Gameday show.

instigator
11/29/2008, 10:58 PM
They showed it at the beginning of the game.

BHud
11/29/2008, 11:52 PM
Musburger said he saw it all day long. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

StoopTroup
11/30/2008, 03:41 AM
I could see it flying around when we got to stoolwater.

It was pretty lame.

Even overheard Cowboys Fans trying to figure out what Neutral Field meant.

Even they know if it's in texas...it's not neutral.

Funny to listen too.

SleestakSooner
11/30/2008, 04:00 AM
dude, you just had to ask

everyone knows he had loaned it to W

W turned around and sold it to the Chinese for them Olympiac games.