PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Herbstreit just said that USC should play for the NC

MamaMia
11/29/2008, 12:03 PM
if we lose today. Excuse me? The Big XII is without a doubt, the toughest conference this season. Plus, we will win.

I cant believe I use to like that man.

GrapevineSooner
11/29/2008, 12:07 PM
Almost felt like a cop out. As much as Herbie and Corso were beating the 'head to head matters and nothing else does' drum, I can see why.

What's interesting is when Fowler asked the panel if Tech should jump ahead of Texas if they win the Big 12 CCG and Corso responded with a blank stare.

MamaMia
11/29/2008, 12:09 PM
Almost felt like a cop out. As much as Herbie and Corso were beating the 'head to head matters and nothing else does' drum, I can see why.

What's interesting is when Fowler asked the panel if Tech should jump ahead of Texas if they win the Big 12 CCG and Corso responded with a blank stare.Thats because his brain is blank.

SoonerLB
11/29/2008, 12:10 PM
They be pimps for USC and Forida.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 12:11 PM
He's just smackin that texas *** around.

Funny.

MamaMia
11/29/2008, 12:15 PM
After we win today and in Kansas City, they'll still come up with reasons why we shouldn't play in the NC game. Thank God for the computers and the voters who vote in a fair way.

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 12:17 PM
love usc florida screw em..... GO BIG 12 SOUTH TIE!!!!!!, chew on that rest of world.

GottaHavePride
11/29/2008, 01:13 PM
I can understand Herbstreit's point, though. IF we were to lose, Tech goes to the Big XII championship game due to head-to-head results vs. Texas.

And if Tech goes to the CCG, they'll probably thump Mizzou like a thing that thumps very hard.

And so somehow, after all that, the BCS is supposed to send TEXAS to the championship game, despite losing to the Big XII champions? That wouldn't make any damn sense at all.

Add that to the fact that Bama or Florida have to lose a game (at least in the SEC championship) and your national championship game should be the winner of the SEC championship vs. someone other than Texas or Tech. Which means USC right now.

CatfishSooner
11/29/2008, 01:15 PM
what the f is herbs prob??? he used to be so cool... ;)

soonermeteor
11/29/2008, 01:17 PM
I like how a lot of these commentators can talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Who should go to the big 12 championship?
Texas! They won the head to head!:texan:

What if Oklahoma loses against OSU or mizzou?
What's a head to head matchup? Texas will go! They are a better team then tech! :texan:

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
11/29/2008, 01:28 PM
The espn dumb**** have had their lips spotwelded the USC *** since they won the "human championship" in 03'. I will say that at least Herbstreit has stuck to his guns. He has been saying that Florida and SC are the best teams in the country since SC lost to the third OSU. That being said I make this iron-clad-stone-cold-lead-pipe-shotgun-blast-lock-of-the-week, OU will lose in Stillwater, Tech thumps Missouri in the Big XII championship. The voters won't send Texas to the BSC championship since they didn't play in there conference game. Florida will beat Bama so they are a lock in the game. Then the last team left standing will be USC. It will be the dream matchup for anyone that stands to make money off the game. Oh and by the way, the third OSU will win the Pac-10 but it won't matter because Pete Carrol is the second coming. I hope I am wrong but I am calling my shot.

Widescreen
11/29/2008, 01:39 PM
He also admitted that if OU wins tonight, it's basically OU's road to Miami. The other guys weren't willing to admit that.

tulsaoilerfan
11/29/2008, 01:52 PM

What's interesting is when Fowler asked the panel if Tech should jump ahead of Texas if they win the Big 12 CCG and Corso responded with a blank stare.

That's cause Fowler deviated from the script. :D

vigilantesooner
11/29/2008, 02:03 PM
Herbie is married to his ego, he picked Florida and USC at the beginning of the season and now he'll stick with it no matter what happens. If he'd picked Georgia he'd be pimping Georgia to the death. He is a complete, neverending blithering idiot of a moron.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 02:41 PM
I would think Tech would get in over USC. Which team would the computers like more?

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 02:48 PM
He also admitted that if OU wins tonight, it's basically OU's road to Miami. The other guys weren't willing to admit that.

Yep,

He picked Georgia Tech to beat the Dawgs too.

Looks like Kirk did his homework on that one too.

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 02:53 PM
I like Georgia Tech

MikeInNorman
11/29/2008, 02:58 PM
Kirk has been without credibility since last year, when his big "scoop" of Les Miles to Michigan blew up in his face. He then spent the entire Big 12 championship game jocking LSU as the only team worthy of the BCS ccg as a make up to Les.

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 03:02 PM
yep, he lost a ton of respect, just imagine if LSU would have lost that game?

GrapevineSooner
11/29/2008, 03:04 PM
Herbie's always been what I consider to be the voice of reason to Lee's loudmouth. And BTW, I don't have a problem with people who think Texas deserves to go ahead of OU. As far as I'm concerned, Texas or Oklahoma would make fine representatives of this conference in a BCS National Title game.

The citation of the four game swing that Texas went through in which they beat Oklahoma, Mizzou, and Oklahoma State in three successive weeks proves they are a great team. Whoever gets ranked higher is going to get ranked higher by a razor thin margin and that's probably the way it should be in this particular system. In a perfect world, UT and OU would be jockeying for seeding just like their basketball teams were in 2003.

It just shouldn't come down solely to a head to head result from back in early October.

badger
11/29/2008, 05:11 PM
I cant believe I use to like that man.

Mama, we all used to fawn over his cuteness. We oogled him while our Sooner guys watching gameday with us would be analyzing their analysis, but all we could do was think of "Mr. Hot" Herbie.

But as Judge Judy says, beauty fades, dumb is forever, and Herbie is no longer the cute ex-QB in the middle of the set. They will soon need to replace him with another hotness (preferably not from the Big 10 this time please guys), lest they end up with another old crazy guy a la Corso in 10, 15 years.

They gave Trev Albert the ax because his looks faded, but he was still talking outta his arse, so I think he's on one of the never-watch-me networks (Versus?). I expect this to happen to Herbie eventually also, because let's face it - three old guys on campus just does not have the same appeal as a "Mr. Hot."

ARW3
11/29/2008, 06:33 PM
The citation of the four game swing that Texas went through in which they beat Oklahoma, Mizzou, and Oklahoma State in three successive weeks proves they are a great team.

Hah...given what happened to MU and what might happen to TT and what we'll likely do to OSU, then that stretch doesn't seem so impressive.

oupride
11/29/2008, 07:10 PM
If he said that, he's either trying to help west coast ratings or he is an idiot. btw, USC did not win the pac 10...

PLaw
11/29/2008, 07:15 PM

It's all about the dollars and TV markets. That's the most concerning thing about ESPN and the new BCS contract. They will promote a strong Cali school, meatchicken, tosu, uterus, or UF. And god help us if the catholics get 9 wins.

Yes children, we will need to be perfect and with style. It's the new world order.

BOOMER

PLaw
11/29/2008, 07:17 PM
Hah...given what happened to MU and what might happen to TT and what we'll likely do to OSU, then that stretch doesn't seem so impressive.

Well said, ARW.

mjhurani
11/29/2008, 08:49 PM
They gave Trev Albert the ax because his looks faded, but he was still talking outta his arse, so I think he's on one of the never-watch-me networks (Versus?).

Incorrect. Alberts left ESPN on his own because he wanted to be the face of the network for college football but ESPN already had Herbie. Also, Trev is now with CBS and did today's Georgia Tech-Georgia game.

SCxxSOONER
11/30/2008, 12:11 AM
Hes a total WHORne homer is what he is, anybody OU is playing he is for, he is a total ****er