PDA

View Full Version : Our team has got to be pissed off listening...

adoniijahsooner
11/29/2008, 11:19 AM
To the bull**** of Herbie and Corso. I was worried about motivation for this game, but espn is providing fuel for the fire today, and I am seriously considering not watching this **** ever again until they find commentators who are unbiased and fair in their job. I hate espn and i am sure the team is feeling just as angry.

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, too bad their not listening.

Blues1
11/29/2008, 11:21 AM
To the bull**** of Herbie and Corso. I was worried about motivation for this game, but espn is providing fuel for the fire today, and I am seriously considering not watching this **** ever again until they find commentators who are unbiased and fair in their job. I hate espn and i am sure the team is feeling just as angry.

Amen Brother --- Somebody got to these guys --- :(

oupride
11/29/2008, 11:22 AM
what the H*ll happened? I had to run honey-dos. Does anyone have a link, transcript or you tube?

bri
11/29/2008, 11:25 AM

Commentators don't have to be "unbiased" or "fair". Please don't make us look as ignorant as aggy and Horn.

msooner
11/29/2008, 11:25 AM
If it weren't for an expensive TV...I would have thrown my coffee table at Corso and Herbie.

oubose
11/29/2008, 11:29 AM
Use the mute button when ever corso starts to talk thats what I do.

birddog
11/29/2008, 11:31 AM
i don't watch espn while all the bcs crap is going on. i just want to watch us kick the aggies asses.

44BluesExplosion
11/29/2008, 11:34 AM
If they are listening, we are in big trouble....

I know the coaches are really worried about distractions this week. All of the discussion about what happens if we win, the 3-way tie, Texas, etc... Thinking about any of these things does not go toward beating OSU and that is the task at hand.

If we beat OSU and don't go to the BIG 12 championship, I will not complain. We should have beat Texas.

If we beat OSU and DO go to the Big 12, I'll be relieved and feel like we earned it as much as anyone else.

cheezyq
11/29/2008, 11:36 AM
What ticks me off is that 3 of the 4 panelists are pro-Texas and hammer on their arguments all day. Desmond Howard, the only OU supporter, doesn't bring up ANY of the numerous counter arguments.

adoniijahsooner
11/29/2008, 11:40 AM
Commentators don't have to be "unbiased" or "fair". Please don't make us look as ignorant as aggy and Horn.

They don't? So your saying they can just push agendas and tell everyone who their favorite teams are? They can complain when we jump texas and tell the voters that they are wrong? They can deliberately ignore the three way tie, and keep saying head to head?

SoonerPriv
11/29/2008, 11:43 AM
They don't? So your saying they can just push agendas and tell everyone who their favorite teams are? They can complain when we jump texas and tell the voters that they are wrong? They can deliberately ignore the three way tie, and keep saying head to head?

yes....

bri
11/29/2008, 11:49 AM

Yes.

You're getting "commentators" and "journalists" mixed up. Common mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

bri
11/29/2008, 11:51 AM
What ticks me off is that 3 of the 4 panelists are pro-Texas and hammer on their arguments all day. Desmond Howard, the only OU supporter, doesn't bring up ANY of the numerous counter arguments.

Fowler has been making pro-OU/Tech points all day. Pay attention.

Partial Qualifier
11/29/2008, 11:57 AM

No kidding. But I think he's just the token "other-side-of-the-argument guy". He doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground

SoonerLB
11/29/2008, 12:02 PM
Their head to head theory only applies to us, not to other ranked teams that went head to head. They don't seem to be crying for Oregon State to be ranked higher than SUC, and they don't mumble about Tech being ranked lower than the whorns.
But Corso was just smart enough to pick us again, sheepherders goin' down!

MamaMia
11/29/2008, 12:07 PM
The Sooners will win and they will eat their words.

AlbqSooner
11/29/2008, 12:29 PM
Sports journalists/casters have had the license to editorialize since Ben Franklin owned the only Guttenberg press in Philly. Let them chatter.

They are providing more bulletin board material than all the pokie fans combined. While I agree that our guys should be concentrating on the game at hand, and fully believe that they are, I also have to believe that in today's text message, internet access, televised everything world that they have some kind of idea about what the ESPN dooshes are saying.

Win this game! That is the only control we have.

Flying Scotsman
11/29/2008, 12:48 PM
This reminds me of Les Miles stuff last year....

Since we stomped Tech, therefore the Texas loss to Tech doesn't count. It's kinda' like Les saying that they only lost overtime games and they don't count....

bradthebad
11/29/2008, 12:49 PM
Their head to head theory only applies to us, not to other ranked teams that went head to head. They don't seem to be crying for Oregon State to be ranked higher than SUC, and they don't mumble about Tech being ranked lower than the whorns.
But Corso was just smart enough to pick us again, sheepherders goin' down!

Yeah that really makes them biased its not like USC has a better record than OSU or anything.

emoinwinter
11/29/2008, 01:00 PM
Go to espn.com right now.

Out of everything going on right now in college football, ESPN has to put on their main page, main picture, 45-35. The agenda isn't hidden, but it is bias.

GottaHavePride
11/29/2008, 01:02 PM
If the team was watching early morning gameday broadcasts, well.... they're doing it wrong.

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 01:14 PM
Go to espn.com right now.

Out of everything going on right now in college football, ESPN has to put on their main page, main picture, 45-35. The agenda isn't hidden, but it is bias.

Yep. I THINK I WILL GO OUTSIDE AND EAT MY CAR!!

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 01:29 PM
On NPSE2 Palmer is coming on at half to sort out the BCS mess. This should be great. Dang, I'm a gluton for punishment.

utex74
11/29/2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, too bad their not listening.

Correct. They are tucked away in their hotel. Team meals. Team meetings. I've seen teams take care of getting taped up while still at the hotel. Last thing they are doing is watching Corso.

(As brilliant as he was!) :D

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 01:42 PM
Correct. They are tucked away in their hotel. Team meals. Team meetings. I've seen teams take care of getting taped up while still at the hotel. Last thing they are doing is watching Corso.

(As brilliant as he was!) :D

Hotels do have TV's and it is a late game. Although, they will probably drive up today. Does anyone know?

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 01:44 PM
Something about having a right to express an opinion comes to mind. Corso doesn't have to be pro-OU.

I would say more, but I am distracted by Flying Scotsman's avatar. Who is it?

bri
11/29/2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like former Bama cheerleader Sela Ward, but I could be wrong.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 01:48 PM
BTW, all this "motivation" is just crap. Nothing the players see on tv is going to motivate them to victory. That's the stuff of Hollywood.

Curly Bill
11/29/2008, 01:50 PM
BTW, all this "motivation" is just crap. Nothing the players see on tv is going to motivate them to victory. That's the stuff of Hollywood.

Yup, this other stuff that peeps buy into and make such a big deal of cracks me up that some of them believe it.

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 02:01 PM
I admit, I have never played college football so I don't know what gets them motivated. But, why then, do they circle certain dates on their calendar, or have bulletin board material? I think there is some merit to what players say or what tv stations say in terms of motivation. JMO

bluedogok
11/29/2008, 02:25 PM
I quit watching ESPN after watching Friday night after getting back to the hotel after the Dallas game, I turned it on this morning out of habit. I ended up going out to the garage to start digging out all the Christmas stuff for my wife.

I don't buy into all of the "conspiracy" stuff that some I know do but for some reason all of the clips they showed of the OU-Texas game were of the UT touchdowns or good defensive plays, every one of them. I am so burnt out on all this crap that all the way back from Dallas yesterday we listened to nothing but music on Sirius, no games or sports of any kind.

oupride
11/29/2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the post

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 02:54 PM
I admit, I have never played college football so I don't know what gets them motivated. But, why then, do they circle certain dates on their calendar, or have bulletin board material? I think there is some merit to what players say or what tv stations say in terms of motivation.

I think "circling the date" is more of an expression. As for bulletin board material, I think that is more for the media. I don't know of any coaches that use such tactics.

Essentially, this entire "motivation" argument is being driven by sportswriters, not known for having high IQs.

okiewaker
11/29/2008, 03:09 PM
Tru dat LL. I have been looking at it the wrong way.