PDA

View Full Version : Opponents of OU records vs. Opponents of Texas records...

OU_Sooners75
11/29/2008, 09:35 AM
I am probably just pointing out the obvious...but oh well..

OU played....

UTC (1-11)
Cincy (9-2)
Washington (0-11)
TCU (10-2)
Kansas State (5-7)
Nebraska (8-4)

Texas played...
Florida Atlantic (5-6)
UTEP (5-7)
Rice (8-3)
Arkansas (5-7)
Colorado (5-7)
Missouri (9-2)

I did not mention the teams both played that are common, since the results, outside of the KU/MU game will have little effect on the SOS of either team.

However when looking at this Texas has a slightly better edge thanks to the Udub and UTC games. However, OU's SOS will be very close to Texas' when it is all said and done.

Overall when it comes to uncommon opponents...
OU 33-35
Texas 37-31

If OU wins today, OU will lock up the higher ranking in the BCS, or at least should. We already have the edge in the Coaches and Harris. We probably will not jump Texas in the computers, however, since we are only 0.008 points behind Texas in the BCS, OU will have to gain just 2 votes in their favor over Texas in each of the human polls. However, we only need to jump Utah in teh computer polls (which we should do if we win today) to actually pass Texas.

The problem I see even if we win, is if the voters have ZERO integrity and votes Texas above OU.

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2008, 09:50 AM
I am probably just pointing out the obvious...but oh well..

OU played....

UTC (1-11)
Cincy (9-2)
Washington (0-11)
TCU (10-2)
Kansas State (5-7)
Nebraska (8-4)

Texas played...
Florida Atlantic (5-6)
UTEP (5-7)
Rice (8-3)
Arkansas (5-7)
Colorado (5-7)
Missouri (9-2)

I did not mention the teams both played that are common, since the results, outside of the KU/MU game will have little effect on the SOS of either team.

However when looking at this Texas has a slightly better edge thanks to the Udub and UTC games. However, OU's SOS will be very close to Texas' when it is all said and done.

Overall when it comes to uncommon opponents...
OU 33-35
Texas 37-31

If OU wins today, OU will lock up the higher ranking in the BCS, or at least should. We already have the edge in the Coaches and Harris. We probably will not jump Texas in the computers, however, since we are only 0.008 points behind Texas in the BCS, OU will have to gain just 2 votes in their favor over Texas in each of the human polls. However, we only need to jump Utah in teh computer polls (which we should do if we win today) to actually pass Texas.

The problem I see even if we win, is if the voters have ZERO integrity and votes Texas above OU.

Maybe I just optimistic, but I see a swing of more voters TO us. There are a lot of voters out there who have a "wait and see" view about all of this. Much like the campaign season, these are usually about the 6-7% of the voting populace who wait until the last minute to decide. In this election cycle, most swung one way. Why, you ask? Because one side (the GOP) tried too hard to garner their votes, just like the Whorns are. All we need to do is do OUr thing tonight, and we will be there.