PDA

View Full Version : So this is what Lortab is like...

Okla-homey
11/29/2008, 09:26 AM
I had some dental work about a month ago. The dentist said the crown may have fixed it, but we'd know in a month if a root canal is indicated.

On Wednesday I noticed some pain. Couldn't sleep Thursday night because of the throbbing. Friday (yesterday), that side of my face swole-up.

Called the dentist yesterday and he called in Lortab and an anti-biotic to get me by until I can be seen on Monday afternoon.

I took both.

Now I'm felling kinda floaty. I can now understand why folks can get attached to the stuff. In fact, I don't think I'll need a ladder to put up the outside lights today.

that is all.

Flagstaffsooner
11/29/2008, 09:31 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/video/stills/C/Cindy_McCain_is_a_Lier.flv.jpg

OUHOMER
11/29/2008, 10:49 AM
Homey, add a couple of beers...

Than everything is good:D

Rogue
11/29/2008, 10:56 AM
Just got started on the drugs and already yer derelict in your "Good Morning" history lesson postin' duties.

SouthFortySooner
11/29/2008, 11:01 AM
I work in a busy med clinic and you would be surprised at how many times you hear Lortab is the "only" thing that works. :confused:

OU-HSV
11/29/2008, 11:10 AM
I was prescribed this after our car wreck earlier this year. I took it and it didn't do a thing for my pain and it didn't make me sleepy or nothing. Maybe I should've taken a couple or something to get some pain relief.

Cam
11/29/2008, 11:15 AM
One Lortab does nothing for me. Two or three, wow...

Percocette, now that's the chit for me man.

soonerbrat
11/29/2008, 12:58 PM

you really shouldn't take 2 or three lortabs at a time..you should get higher doses. they have tylenol in them and you could get tylenol poisoning.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 01:08 PM
Brat is right about that.

You might wanna be careful...it's hard on your liver.

Homey...

The thing about lortab is...yeah your tooth might feel better...but while your out and about on the ladder and doing work or even just screwing around...you can really tweak something pretty easy. The next thing you know...you'll need them for other reasons. I'd take it easy until you get your tooth worked on.

Cam
11/29/2008, 01:22 PM
I think they gave me a pretty low dose. The directions said to take 2 at a pop if needed. I usually only took them at night to so I could sleep.

Viking Kitten
11/29/2008, 01:36 PM

Man. That's what they gave me after I had an unscheduled C-section when my daughter was born. That stuff is the bombdiggety. I tried to get my dentist to give it to me for a tooth thing, but no go.

Lortab OTOH is okay, but it makes my skin itch, which I guess is fairly common. My doctor said to take Benadryl for that... and oh wow. That was fun. I felt like I was levitating. Yes, Homey, I know what you mean about seeing how easy it would be for someone to get addicted.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 02:04 PM
bombdiggetyspek.

VK...if you take a little benadryl with them...the itch goes away and a peaceful bliss will overcome you.

soonerboomer93
11/29/2008, 02:07 PM
they gave me percocette when I had the infection that htey had to drain my abcess infection

of course it did absolutely nothing for the pain during the packing changes, but otherwise, it did ok

Kels
11/29/2008, 02:20 PM
Here's how I rate them:

Tramadol - can't tell any difference
Darvocet - can't tell any difference
Demerol - can't tell any difference
Lortab - barely takes the edge off
Percocet - starting to work a little
Oxycontin - now we're talking
MS Contin - oh, mama!

bluedogok
11/29/2008, 02:34 PM

Percocet does nothing but put me into a dull, wired and agitated state which kept me from going to sleep, I can't stand the stuff. Lortab and the like work better for me but it still takes a couple of Oxycontin to knock out pain.

soonerbrat
11/29/2008, 09:34 PM
I think they gave me a pretty low dose. The directions said to take 2 at a pop if needed. I usually only took them at night to so I could sleep.

no matter what the hydrocodone content is, there are 500 mg of tylenol in each tab

freshchris05
11/30/2008, 12:56 AM
weed?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/30/2008, 01:02 AM
I have lortab, perc, and oxy in my cabinet....lortab doesn't do a thing for me....I take one perc and oxy together if I m hurtin...

Turd_Ferguson
11/30/2008, 01:07 AM
I have lortab, perc, and oxy in my cabinet....lortab doesn't do a thing for me....I take one perc and oxy together if I m hurtin...You always got Lor, no tab....Perca, no cet....Oxy, no conton:mad::D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/30/2008, 01:26 AM
Everytime I'm in the medicine cabinet, you in the medicine cabinet...eatin up all the lortab...eatin up all the percacet