PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorn and Texas Tech Gameday fly over nonsense

MamaMia
11/29/2008, 12:27 AM
This is our traditional instate Bedlam game. This is an insult to osu and OU. What nerve of these people to disrespect the state of Oklahoma in such a way. This game is not about Texas. This game is about Oklahoma Its like barging into our home uninvited.

Good Lord. It just boggles my mind that these people don't have enough intelligence to realize that the classy voters will be turned off by such a pathetic display and vote them down.

Tailgate
11/29/2008, 12:28 AM
Is there 100% confirmation these fly overs are taking place?

Soonerus
11/29/2008, 12:30 AM
desperation is the mother of patheticism...

Flagstaffsooner
11/29/2008, 12:39 AM
Just buzzards flying over the carrion of oSu.
http://www.cindymeeder.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/29-WaitingBuzzards.jpg

A Sooner in Texas
11/29/2008, 12:41 AM
This is our traditional instate OU-OSU game. This is an insult to osu and OU. What nerve of these people to disrespect the state of Oklahoma in such a way. This game is not about Texas. This game is about Oklahoma Its like barging into our home uninvited.

Good Lord. It just boggles my mind that these people don't have enough intelligence to realize that the classy voters will be turned off by such a pathetic display and vote them down.

Exactly right. All OU needs to say will be on the field tomorrow.

bcgvh
11/29/2008, 12:47 AM
Man, I'm glad Tech is doing it in response to Texas. Texas is the real joke here, and Tech is taking shots at them. I think it helps us.

RedstickSooner
11/29/2008, 12:47 AM
Okay, sometimes I miss things -- what's the Texas Tech flyover? I know about the Tejas one, but hadn't heard anything about TTech. WTF could they possibly want to say to us? Thank you, may I have another? Use lube next time?

Edit: Okay, I'm retarded. The thread describing the flyover was only three threads down from this one. Sorry :)

DenverSooner751
11/29/2008, 12:51 AM
Exactly right. All OU needs to say will be on the field tomorrow.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I think a lot of people (casual fans that is) will get a kick out of it if the signs are fliying over head, and it will cause a little buzz in the papers, but truthfully, that will not be enough to overcome the gravity of the situation if OU comes away with another impressive victory again.

It is an absolute slap to the people of Oklahoma though that they have to put up with this.

texas bandman
11/29/2008, 01:12 AM
Okay, I'm retarded.

'Nuff said. :D

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 01:15 AM
guys, who really cares... i'm just waiting for this stupid tie breaker to be over

The Maestro
11/29/2008, 07:29 AM
I think it is all funny the money they are wasting. It will have all the effect of me flying over Marissa Miller's house proclaiming my love.

In other words, it's just kinda creepy and ineffective.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 07:42 AM
SPEK to Flag...

I picture is worth a 1000 words.

Matter of fact...a Gameday Sign with Boones Farm Stadium and one whorn buzzard and one Tech buzzard flying over it would be funny as heck if it showed up well on TV of course.

Jacie
11/29/2008, 09:58 AM
The horns know wins by OU and Tech will mean they don't play for the crytal football and the flyover is the equivalent of a hail mary pass to make a statement.

The only effect it will have is point out that they have the weakest case to make and how pathetic they have become with the whining.

In other words . . .

Texas fans = crybabies

OU-HSV
11/29/2008, 10:00 AM
Mack is probably the pilot and Colt is the co-pilot. I bet they end up putting it on auto-pilot and making out w/eachother :eek:

PLaw
11/29/2008, 10:25 AM
Is there 100% confirmation these fly overs are taking place?

POOR T-sip and Sandy Aggy

It's going to be tough to get a good TV visual on a NIGHT fly over.

What absolute idiots to pay for a fly over for night game and what a waste of KAAAASHE!

The only thing the TV viewer is gong to see is a SOONER thumping of the Pokes.

BOOMER

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 12:14 PM
Did anyone see an airplane banner during Gameday?

I watched most of it...

I didn't.

UTsucks
11/29/2008, 12:18 PM
KSWO 291653Z 30009KT 10SM SCT013 06/00 A2986 RMK AO2 SLP111 T00610000

1300 foot tops is not getting you a fly over. The icing level is also at the base today. A single engine banner tow plane would not be up no chance.

soonerboomer93
11/29/2008, 12:20 PM
infact they actually made a comment wondering where they were

MamaMia
11/29/2008, 12:20 PM
Did anyone see an airplane banner during Gameday?

I watched most of it...

I didn't. No, its worse than that. They said they're doing this over the actual stadium, right during the freakin game. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 12:21 PM
KSWO 291653Z 30009KT 10SM SCT013 06/00 A2986 RMK AO2 SLP111 T00610000

1300 foot tops is not getting you a fly over. The icing level is also at the base today. A single engine banner tow plane would not be up no chance.

Best laid plans of mice. :D

2k2 c5
11/29/2008, 12:27 PM
infact they actually made a comment wondering where they were

If they get everyone talking about it, the rumor mill will claim to have seen it without it being pulled off. Everyone talks, saved the effort for the same effect.

SoonerBacker
11/29/2008, 12:31 PM
No, its worse than that. They said they're doing this over the actual stadium, right during the freakin game. :rolleyes:

Beautiful. No one will see it due to darkness. Unless, of course, Mack is hanging on to the tail with a postlight on the banner.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 01:11 PM
Dumbasses should bought a blimp. :D

XingTheRubicon
11/29/2008, 02:01 PM
This is our traditional instate OU-OSU game. This is an insult to osu and OU. What nerve of these people to disrespect the state of Oklahoma in such a way. This game is not about Texas. This game is about Oklahoma Its like barging into our home uninvited.

MM, they do not understand manners or general decency.

OU is Texas' super bowl. They won their super bowl, then lost focus and not even UT refs picking up flags could limp them by Tech. That's why Mack Brown has 1 more Conference Championship than a guy working a Jiffy Lube. Conversely, Oklahoma is about winning championships.......grinding and grinding, game by game. OU is everyone's super bowl and it is a grind. But Stoops does a good job of keeping them focused on the end result. Championships. Stoops has 5 times more Big XII Conference Championships than all the 11 other coaches combined.

It is what it is.

WE'RE OKLAHOMA.

GottaHavePride
11/29/2008, 04:17 PM
No, its worse than that. They said they're doing this over the actual stadium, right during the freakin game. :rolleyes:

When it's dark and can't be seen. Perfect.