PDA

View Full Version : Willie Warren

okienole3
11/28/2008, 07:16 PM
11-14 from the line this afternoon. If he can take it to the rack like that all season, we will be very tough to beat.

Newbomb Turk
11/28/2008, 07:19 PM
he is really good at creating contact.

Blake will be Blake, but I have the feeling we will be as good as Willie is this year.

MojoRisen
11/28/2008, 07:24 PM
Willie is physical and has good ball handling - he played really well. He needs to stay out of foul trouble though..

I also think Warren is a whack job with his "no picture with Labron and I am better than Caple was his rookie year... stuff... Got to love it!!!

I am a big fan of the dude...

Cam
11/28/2008, 08:29 PM
He just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Hopefully he figures out that some things that he got away with at the AAU level he won't get away with at the college level.

NormanPride
11/28/2008, 09:44 PM
Every game he's learning a bit more. He was quiet to start out with, and then he decided that we were floundering and didn't want to lose. That's a GAMER that makes those kinds of decisions.

I remember sitting there thinking "Oh man, we don't want to do anything wrong out there. We're too worried about messing up." And there goes WW throwing up anything he can to try and make something happen. Then the rest of the team pulls their head out and there we go... :) Great win!

stoopified
11/29/2008, 10:01 AM
I gotta love WW ,he is starting to play up to his rep.I do think AJ deserves some credit too for bringing the ball up,running the offense so WW can cut loose.AJ has 29 DIMES and only 8 turnovers,that is 3.6 -1 for the math challenged.

sooner518
11/29/2008, 10:48 AM
WHAT WE LEARNED FROM OU-PURDUE - from cnnsi.com

"2. Super-frosh Willie Warren saved the day.

Blake Griffin finished with 18 points and 21 boards. Taylor, the beneficiary of Purdue's non-stop double-teams on his brother, had 19 points and eight rebounds. But there's no chance the Sooners win this game without Warren's combination of size and speed on the perimeter. The Purdue Way is to play pressure-man defense on the perimeter, flustering opposing guards into making turnovers or taking uncomfortable jumpers late in the shot clock. This usually works -- and it's how the Boilers will win the Big Ten this year -- but not against Warren, who got by Kramer, the league's defensive player of the year, and E'Twaun Moore, a preseason all-conference guard with ease on Friday. Once he had penetrated the first layer of the Purdue D, Warren used his 6-4, 207-poind frame to either score in traffic or get to the free-throw line, where he took just as many attempts as Griffin (13) and made 11, to finish with 22 points.

Warren's exhibition was oddly reminiscent of Memphis' Derrick Rose blowing up UCLA's Darren Collison in last year's Final Four -- a powerful guard just having his way with an opponent who, under normal circumstances, would be a standout defender. And it turned out that Griffin had been filling his head with Rose chatter all month: "I keep telling [Warren], look at what Derrick Rose did last year," Griffin said. "[Rose] was a very unselfish player, but at the same time he could go score whenever he wanted. I feel like that's what Willie brings to our team.""

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hoops_blog/posts/27481-what-we-learned-from-purdue-oklahoma?eref=fromSI

OUmillenium
12/1/2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the article. Great lines by Blake.