PDA

View Full Version : Tech fans bought a College Gameday flyover as well...

Partial Qualifier
11/28/2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.newsok.com/texas-tech-fans-buy-a-flyover-banner-for-OU-OSU/article/3325956?custom_click=headlines_widget

Texas Tech fans buy a flyover banner for OU-OSU

Air traffic control in Stillwater is going to be busy Saturday morning.

Earlier this week, Texas fans bought a flyover that will carry a banner with the inscription "45-35” — the score of Texas’ victory over Oklahoma on Oct. 11 — during ESPN College GameDay’s live telecast before the OU-OSU game.

In reaction, Texas Tech fans have decided to buy their own flyover.

According to Tech alum Shane Walker, a group of about 20 Red Raider fans have arranged for a pilot to fly over GameDay carrying the banner “www.39-33.com,” (http://www.39-33.com,”) which signifies the score of Tech’s Nov. 1 victory over Texas.

“But we want to go to a BCS bowl. Based on Texas' head-to-head argument, we should get the BCS bowl over them. It’s a day Longhorn fans have forgotten,” said Walker, who said he contributed $500 to the cause. “We realize we got thumped by OU, and if OU wins tomorrow, we’re done in the national championship race. "

SeattleOUstudent
11/28/2008, 02:20 PM
Yikes. The Search button must be broken again ;)

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/28/2008, 02:20 PM
JUST MAKE IT ALL STOP! PLAY THE *@!$% GAMES AND LET IT SORT ITSELF OUT!

Partial Qualifier
11/28/2008, 02:22 PM
Yikes. The Search button must be broken again ;)

where?? I looked...

mods, merge or delete as you see fit, if a thread on this subject already exists

1890MilesToNorman
11/28/2008, 02:34 PM
Flyover comparisons.

Tech - Piper cub
Horns - 737
Sooners - F22-Raptor

Still no comparison. :P

Flagstaffsooner
11/28/2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.newsok.com/texas-tech-fans-buy-a-flyover-banner-for-OU-OSU/article/3325956?custom_click=pod_headline_sports

Seems like texans are obsessed with Oklahoma.

Air traffic control in Stillwater (http://www.newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Stillwater+(Oklahoma)&CATEGORY=CITY) is going to be busy Saturday morning.
The usual ATC in stoolwater.
http://dclips.fundraw.com/zobo500dir/johnny_automatic_flyswatter.jpg

BoomerSooner247
11/28/2008, 11:52 PM
This is almost comical and I really doubt any of these stupid banners and signs are going to make a difference what so ever. All OU has to do is win then we get to sit back and watch these two make fools out of themselves promoting their case with these almighty signs.

bri
11/28/2008, 11:55 PM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Boise State hired a plane to fly the score of our Fiesta Bowl over the stadium to try and get the voters to pick them instead of Utah. I mean, everyone else is using our game to lobby in the skies; let's go nuts with it.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2008, 11:58 PM
Austin Talbert, a UT sophomore journalism major, spearheaded Texas’ campaign this week to remind BCS voters about the Longhorns’ victory over the Sooners. That campaign included the purchase of a flyover.

When I was a student at OU, I didn't plan any flyovers because I was too busy STUDYING!!!

bri
11/28/2008, 11:59 PM
That's because you lack the superior U of Texas brainpower that allows you to multi-task in six dimensions.

Flagstaffsooner
11/29/2008, 12:03 AM
When I was a student at OU, I didn't plan any flyovers because I was too busy getting wasted.Fixed;)

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2008, 12:13 AM
That too.

OULenexaman
11/29/2008, 12:33 AM
I doubt it will ever be shown on TV coverage.....

colleyvillesooner
11/29/2008, 01:04 AM
Oh, it'll be shown. Probably on commercial returns.

setem
11/29/2008, 01:06 AM
http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/10/20/f_catm_d73f701.jpg

texas bandman
11/29/2008, 01:09 AM
http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/10/20/f_catm_d73f701.jpg

LOL

OULenexaman
11/29/2008, 01:09 AM
I have never seen one... on Gameday...but this is new ground breaking stuff...

JLEW1818
11/29/2008, 01:18 AM
lets win big boys, I'm sick of this stupid ****ing nonsense bull **** ........ tomorrow
I'm ready to play Oklahoma Sooner Football.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2008, 01:20 AM
I hope the one from tech gets a lot of tv time. Then it gets said without our fans having to look like whiny bitches like texass.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/29/2008, 04:10 AM
When I was a student at OU, I didn't plan any flyovers because I was too busy STUDYING!!!

No wonder, he's a journalism student. They don't need to study because they have no classes to take...;)
:gary:

Jimminy Crimson
11/29/2008, 05:42 AM
I like how there are multiple planes flying overhead, yet none represent the two teams playing the damn game!

:shakes head:

The Maestro
11/29/2008, 07:23 AM
Here's a quick question...since when did wasting money on a flyover or paper signs effect the outcome of the computer polls, Coaches Poll or Harris Poll?

I KNOW the computers don't care...and that is where OU will make up ground this week with a win. As far as the Harris voters and coaches? Well, I can't imagine them sitting their getting ready to vote and thinking, "Well, gee whiz...I was gonna have OU higher, but then I saw that flyover and...well...I'm gonna vote the other way now!"

It won't help OSU beat OU and it won't change one vote. Whatever therapy they need for what's gonna happen tonight and tomorrow, I guess.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 07:37 AM
Here's a quick question...since when did wasting money on a flyover or paper signs effect the outcome of the computer polls, Coaches Poll or Harris Poll?

I KNOW the computers don't care...and that is where OU will make up ground this week with a win. As far as the Harris voters and coaches? Well, I can't imagine them sitting their getting ready to vote and thinking, "Well, gee whiz...I was gonna have OU higher, but then I saw that flyover and...well...I'm gonna vote the other way now!"

It won't help OSU beat OU and it won't change one vote. Whatever therapy they need for what's gonna happen tonight and tomorrow, I guess.

I kind of think they same thing Maestro...

If you voted OU 2nd last week because of their huge win over Tech...your probably going to remember that. Also...if you were one of the folks that voted OU #1 in the Coaches Poll and OU wins easily today...I'd expect at least that 4 votes too...especially if say Bama has a close call or even loses.

Bottom line...voters don't want a situation where two Big XII Teams end up playing for all the marbles...they showed that by padding Florida's rankings the last 5 weeks. Padding Florida was done becuase they don't believe Saban and his boys can pull it off and they want to try and make sure the SEC is represented in the MNC.

I'm guessing that as much as some media guys go...yeah they like texas...but if OU lost today...they'd rather see Harrell and Crabtree play in the MNC than McCoy and Shipley...especially if Tech ended up in the Big XII CG. Now we know that the scenario of Tech ending up in the MNC can't happen since Tech fell so hard in the Polls. It's the Coaches and the Harris Voters that nead to be swayed anyway, that's why the signs are basically assgas IMO.

I'm sure the media loves the controversy though...it gives them some more gibberish to talk about.

colleyvillesooner
11/29/2008, 07:40 AM
I wish these Oklahoman compaines that own the planes would have told those Texans to keep their money and shove it where the sun don't shine.

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 08:28 AM
I wish these Oklahoman compaines that own the planes would have told those Texans to keep their money and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Maybe they will...

Would be funny to see the look on their face if the pilot suddenly told them...sorry...it's a "NO GO"...mechanical difficulties. :D

fadada1
11/29/2008, 08:33 AM
No wonder, he's a journalism student. They don't need to study because they have no classes to take...;)
:gary:

calling TopDawg. Hello, TopDawg.

:D

Flagstaffsooner
11/29/2008, 09:20 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/BrucesBelly/NegnorErif.jpg

OU-HSV
11/29/2008, 09:30 AM
This is freakin stupid and tacky. Oh well, let our statement be made on the field, let's kick some sheephumper ***.

You can bet that Lee Corso will be talking about this at some point. The Gameday show hasn't even started and Lee is already shouting texass for the big 12 title game and Colt McCoy for Heisman...he said "give him the trophy now"...said that you have to remember what Colt did in the biggest game of the year in Dallas.

colleyvillesooner
11/29/2008, 09:47 AM
Last time I checked, Sam doesn't pkay defense, and threw for 390 and 5 TD's in Dallas.

I think whoever plays in the CCG wins the Heisman.

OU-HSV
11/29/2008, 09:52 AM
Last time I checked, Sam doesn't pkay defense, and threw for 390 and 5 TD's in Dallas.

I think whoever plays in the CCG wins the Heisman.

That's exactly what I told my wife, Sam's stats were better than Colt's in that game and Sam isn't our D-Coordinator either.
Lee is a homo..always has been and always will be, I didn't expect him to be realistic and recognize Sam over Colt...but it would be nice if he'd start getting on his knees for someone other than Colt some day

mOUse
11/29/2008, 10:02 AM
Thats two unsportsman like conduct penalties...we'll save the penalty yardage until we need them during the game saturday night.