PDA

View Full Version : Attn: walmart shoppers, Dont Kill our Employees

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 12:49 PM
I wouldnt set Foot in any of those stores . :eek:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death;_ylt=ArFJS_xtQ90sgua9llJ0hMus0NUE

yermom
11/28/2008, 12:59 PM
maybe this will cause them to rethink this moronic retail bull****

what, they still made a ****load of money today to give to the Chinese?

nevermind ;)

Turd_Ferguson
11/28/2008, 01:06 PM
maybe this will cause them to rethink this moronic retail bull****

what, they still made a ****load of money today to give to the Chinese?

nevermind ;)Why do you hate Long Duck Dong:confused:

Hot Rod
11/28/2008, 01:07 PM
Broke down doors? Last time I did any BF shopping at Wal-mart they were already open and people just had to get in line for specific items.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 01:14 PM
Huh. Turns out that the Wal-Mart employee actually collapsed and died of a heart attack.

yermom
11/28/2008, 01:19 PM
Huh. Turns out that the Wal-Mart employee actually collapsed and died of a heart attack.

sounds pretty convenient ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 01:20 PM
Hee hee. Don't want to pay that Worker's Comp claim, you know.

Hot Rod
11/28/2008, 01:30 PM
Huh. Turns out that the Wal-Mart employee actually collapsed and died of a heart attack after being trampled by roaring customers.

That's what I figured.

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 01:37 PM

Prolly caused By all those Idjits Breaking Down the Doors , Skeered Him to Death .

Viking Kitten
11/28/2008, 01:38 PM
Regardless of what actually killed the guy... As far as I'm concerned there is no sale in the world that would get me out shopping on Black Friday. Ever.

I'm sitting here after enjoying a lazy morning in my cozy robe and fuzzy slippers, sipping cocoa and about to go snuggle up with my family and watch a movie and later bake some pies with them. (Because we ate all the other pie yesterday and dammit we need more pie.)

I do not for the life of me understand what motivates people to shiver in the pre-dawn cold with a big jumbled mass of humanity, fighting like starving dogs for the last scraps of Sam-a-Tron's generic, plastic crap o' the month. Seriously. WTF is up with people who do this?

My Christmas shopping will include some online purchases, then I'll hit some cool local retailers on my lunch hour a few times. I might hit the mall once or twice with friends on a weeknight, which will end up as more of a social outing. I'll finish up at Barnes and Noble getting books for the eleventy bajillion kids in my extended family. And that's it. I do not see the point in turning the holidays into a big orgy of consumerism. It's sickening and sad, and the fact a guy died in Wal Mart is just one more pathetic sign of how depressing the whole thing is.

Rant over.

yermom
11/28/2008, 01:47 PM
sleeping in, and the innerweb FTW

most of the deals aren't THAT much better than what's online, and how many hours of BS are worth that extra few bucks?

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 01:48 PM

Where are you seeing that Mike ?
This Is updated from about 10 Minutes ago .
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death#full

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 02:36 PM
Where are you seeing that Mike ?
This Is updated from about 10 Minutes ago .
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death#full

Got it from another forum. Guy posted a link to a local paper.

KsSooner
11/28/2008, 02:48 PM
I actually went to Walhell to buy some video games for the grandkids and it was less crowded than a typical Saturday. Drove by a Best Buy and no way would I go in there. Just don't understand the appeal to fight the crowds at 6:00 in the morning.

JohnnyMack
11/28/2008, 03:52 PM
This morning instead of shopping I just had a lot of sex.

soonerboomer93
11/28/2008, 04:07 PM
hand cramp and you decide to do some posting while it recovered?

SCOUT
11/28/2008, 04:08 PM
This morning instead of shopping I just had a lot of sex.

Be careful. I hear carpal tunnel syndrome is very painful. ;)

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 04:16 PM
Got it from another forum. Guy posted a link to a local paper.

Well since they are still reporting that he was Trampled. I tend to Believe that .
Guess we will Know when an Autopsy is performed ;)

85Sooner
11/28/2008, 08:35 PM
To The ones who wanted the cheap *** TV's and wanted to finance them.

YOU ARE ID 10 T's

bluedogok
11/28/2008, 09:10 PM
I haven't found anything in any of the NYC/Long Island news that states that he died of a heart attack. He wasn't an 80 year old greeter, the victim was 34 years old.

Newsday.com - Wal-Mart worker dies in Black Friday stampede (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-limart1129,0,167903.story)

Broke down doors? Last time I did any BF shopping at Wal-mart they were already open and people just had to get in line for specific items.
On another forum a district manager for Wal-Mart said that most of his stores are open 24 hours so they don't have to go through the opening like some of the stores that are in restricted hours areas.

tulsaoilerfan
11/28/2008, 09:20 PM
I actually went to Walhell to buy some video games for the grandkids and it was less crowded than a typical Saturday. Drove by a Best Buy and no way would I go in there. Just don't understand the appeal to fight the crowds at 6:00 in the morning.

Me neither; i guarantee you that if my *** didn't have to work the day after Thanksgiving my *** would still be in bed at 10 AM, nevermind freaking 5AM; bunch of out of control idiots

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 09:23 PM
I haven't found anything in any of the NYC/Long Island news that states that he died of a heart attack. He wasn't an 80 year old greeter, the victim was 34 years old.

Newsday.com - Wal-Mart worker dies in Black Friday stampede (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-limart1129,0,167903.story)

On another forum a district manager for Wal-Mart said that most of his stores are open 24 hours so they don't have to go through the opening like some of the stores that are in restricted hours areas.

Fair enough. Entirely possible that what I read earlier was incorrect or I misread it.

olevetonahill
11/29/2008, 02:05 AM
Fair enough. Entirely possible that what I read earlier was incorrect or I misread it.

Post the LINK .

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2008, 02:15 AM
Er, why? I said I was probably wrong. I misread something. It happens. Trust me , I have no interest in defending Wal-mart.

olevetonahill
11/29/2008, 02:25 AM
Er, why? I said I was probably wrong. I misread something. It happens. Trust me , I have no interest in defending Wal-mart.

Personaly Id just like to read it .

soonerboomer93
11/29/2008, 02:45 AM
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=10876984&src=news

bluedogok
11/29/2008, 02:39 PM
I wasn't calling you out Froz, I just hadn't seen anything resembling what you had read which may very well have been a report by someone. After all, we all know how "accurate" the media can be at times.

Frozen Sooner
11/29/2008, 03:39 PM
I didn't feel like you were. No worries.