PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Signs

emoinwinter
11/28/2008, 10:41 AM
Should we make an attempt to neutralize whatever effect the "45-35" signs had, either on Gameday or at the game?

I know we all put down Texas for making the signs, but I think it will have an impact. It doesn't even have to have a huge impact on the voters to effect the outcome.

The two weeks after the Texas loss, all ESPN was talking about was "head-to-head," and Texas gained ground on us in the polls with both teams winning. I'm afraid that same thing is going to happen.

Maybe a HUGE sign for Gameday should read "The forgotten scores... 39-33, 65-21"

Thoughts?

The Preach Man
11/28/2008, 10:45 AM
how about signs with the score of the TT UT game???

OUHOMER
11/28/2008, 10:48 AM
I think the coaches hate the talking heads and ignore them for the most part.I am hoping the signs had a negitive impact and made them look like cry babies.
I say let our actions on field do the talking.
let the chips fall where they may.

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 10:58 AM
I think the coaches hate the talking heads and ignore them for the most part.I am hoping the signs had a negitive impact and made them look like cry babies.
let the chips fall where they may.

Ditto
The clapper did this same type shat a few yrs ago .
I for One think he should Be going to the Emerald Bowl .:D

colinreturn
11/28/2008, 11:01 AM
signs of the tt ut game is aggy. lets the tu fans be aggy with their damn plane of whining.

IronHorseSooner
11/28/2008, 11:05 AM
Ditto
The clapper did this same type shat a few yrs ago .
I for One think he should Be going to the Emerald Bowl .:D

Olevet is right, Again!! In fact, coaches around the country are going to take this out on Mack. It is a bit of an unwritten rule in the coaching circles. Let OUr work on the field do the speaking. In fact, I bet that we expand OUr lead in both polls by a convincing win in Halloweentown. And, like I have said before, if FLA wins, UTerus could end up getting jumped by them, too.

OUHOMER
11/28/2008, 11:11 AM
Olevet is right, Again!!

Good Job Olevet :D :rolleyes: LOL

bri
11/28/2008, 11:17 AM
21-7

PhiDeltBeers
11/28/2008, 11:24 AM
No signs! The only sign I want to see at the end ofthe game is the scoreboard.

bri
11/28/2008, 11:37 AM
Well, we have to have signs. There's always signs!

The Preach Man
11/28/2008, 11:39 AM
signs of the tt ut game is aggy. lets the tu fans be aggy with their damn plane of whining.

We must have an aggy coach then because he is the one that said if you cant vote us ahead of Texass then you cant vote Texass ahead of TT. Just use a little brain power before you accuse me of being aggy. I was making an argument of the 3 way tie.

boomersooner2001
11/28/2008, 12:28 PM
Don't mention the UT-TT score. That will only bring us down to the same level as saxet, and could possibly make us look like we're worried about the polls. While it's awful tempting to out-do the shorthorns, just let the talking be done on the field. This will prove to everyone, that OUr coaches, players, and fans are in a league above that school south of the Red River. I agree, I think coaches around the country are going to look down on ol' Mack, and get a chuckle out of all the busch league stuff they're pulling, (i.e. renting a plane for a fly over, the stupid 45-35 signs). Keep the signs to dogging the pokies, and Corso. :D

Dan Thompson
11/28/2008, 12:32 PM
"Sam Bradford for Heisman."

That's a pretty good sign.

NormanPride
11/28/2008, 12:35 PM
Hey Texas -

We'll forget your loss to No. 7
If you forget our loss to No. 2

The handsign of the day shall not be whorns-down, because we do enough of that in October. Rather, the handsign shall be FIVE, all five fingers raised because we have an opponent, and whether your rank them No. 12, or No. 20, or nothing at all, we have beaten them FIVE TIMES IN A ROW. We did it for Texas in 2005, we can do it for the sheep pokers in 2008.

While NP and I (yes, this is badger, not NP) have to catch a flight and will miss the broadcast, I hope those of you daring to make the trip to Stilly have fun. I would be incredibly sad if the regular season ended Saturday and didn't continue on for another week :(

colinreturn
11/28/2008, 01:00 PM
We must have an aggy coach then because he is the one that said if you cant vote us ahead of Texass then you cant vote Texass ahead of TT. Just use a little brain power before you accuse me of being aggy. I was making an argument of the 3 way tie.

its not the fans duty to use a game not involving the sooners as a "scoreboard!" comeback. its aggy. bob stoops brings up some great points, holding up a 39-33 sign is just aggy.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 01:17 PM
Big 12 Three-Way:

Bevo's Gettin' Screwed

With a picture of Bevo getting fingercuffed.

Of course, that implies something about both us and Tech we probably don't want.

Hot Rod
11/28/2008, 01:39 PM
WE SCORED 62 IN ONLY 3 QUARTERS AND IT WAS IN COLLEGE STATION!

cvsooner
11/28/2008, 02:26 PM
Football blogger Michael David Smith's (http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/)reaction to the "45-35" campaign:

WILL TEXAS SIGNS WORK?
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 27, 2008, 11:51 a.m.

"Viewers of tonight’s Texas-Texas A&M game will notice something interesting in the stands: Up to 20,000 Texas fans will be holding up signs featuring the score of this year’s Red River Shootout: Texas 45, Oklahoma 35.

"The signs are designed to convince the coaches and ex-players who vote in the USA Today and Harris Polls to rank Texas higher than Oklahoma when they turn in their ballots on Sunday. A web site, 45-35.com, is devoted to the cause as well.

"So will it work? I have my doubts.

"For one thing, the truth is that the people who get the votes don’t watch much college football. Football coaches don’t sit around watching games on TV because they’re too busy watching film of their own teams and their upcoming opponents. I’m sure the majority of the voters will be doing something other than watching Texas-Texas A&M tonight.

"And I also don’t think poll voters really need to be reminded of what happened when Texas played Oklahoma. I think those voters know, they just think Texas’s and Oklahoma’s more recent games against Texas Tech are more important than their October 11 game against each other.

"So no, the 45-35 signs aren’t going to make much of a difference. Can’t blame Texas fans for trying, though."

vigilantesooner
11/28/2008, 03:37 PM
I think us holding up "score" signs will just emphasize the Texas signs even more, and frankly their signs trump ours because theirs is about the head-to-head, ours would be about other games. They're trying to make their argument about a single game and make the voters forget it's about the entire season. By just kicking OSU tail we'll keep our side of the argument fresh in the voters' minds.

BoomerSooner, esq.
11/28/2008, 03:44 PM
I don't think its a bad idea to have signs for the Gameday scene, just not the 10,000 signs that texas had at the game. Remember, unlike texas last night, OU/osu is going to be in primetime AGAIN and people know the ridiculous amount of implications. EVERYONE is going to be watching.

76soonergrad
11/28/2008, 03:48 PM
Showing a banner of the OU-ut score demonstrates Texazz' fear. It also shows weakness, and draws attention to OU. The game is about what the Sooners can do.

PLaw
11/28/2008, 04:25 PM
Wanna sign??

WE'RE NO. 1!!

bri
11/28/2008, 04:39 PM
Well, like it or not, there's gonna be a bunch of 39-33/65-21 signs at Gameday. They're doing head counts on Facebook.

emoinwinter
11/28/2008, 04:51 PM
It looks like things are going our way in the campaign.

We won't look bush-league by having a stadium full of signs, but our point will be made. I think it will be just enough to make sure voters remember what the point of a 3-way tie is, without being overkill and turn people off.

Plus, now that Tech has bought the flyover, the point is being made without having us sink to their level.

I'm happy.

bri
11/28/2008, 04:52 PM
Heh, thanks to aggy's idiotic ticket policy, there won't be a stadium full of anything tomorrow. :D

mightysooner
11/28/2008, 05:51 PM
It would be funny if all the OU fans held up stop signs at the bedlam battle.

Mixer!
11/28/2008, 06:07 PM
"Camera 2 - keep focusing on the end zone for crowd shots."

oubose
11/28/2008, 06:34 PM
The only sign I will be holding up will say-
WANTED
2 TICKETS FOR
OU vs. mizz
BIG12 CHAMPIONSHIP
and texas still sucks!!!

stunandun
11/28/2008, 08:02 PM
How about : B rown
C rybaby
S eries

GottaHavePride
11/28/2008, 08:41 PM
My favorite from Thursday night was "Jorvorskie Lane ate my other sign"

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 08:44 PM
My favorite from Thursday night was "Jorvorskie Lane ate my other sign"

That one was quality.

Me, I can't make signs. They're invariably too foul-mouthed to get on TV.

Dispense with the clever. Go right to the point.

"Go **** Yourselves, UT."

"I'd like to take a **** in Bevo's eyes!"

You know, wit.

bri
11/28/2008, 08:58 PM
The only sign I've ever taken to a game was when I took a dry-erase board to the Big 12 Championship in 2003. Needless to say, that game wasn't really sign-worthy, so I never got much farther than the one I wrote on there on the drive up: "JUST GIVE US THE TROPHY AND NO ONE GETS HURT".

Yeah.

Sooner5030
11/28/2008, 09:29 PM
I'll never forget "Reaf is Gay" at a BB game. Or that brick we had when the UT player shot Freethrows.

AzianSooner
11/28/2008, 10:02 PM
how about a sign that says "Whining is not our way to Championship"

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 10:16 PM
Oooh.

"I ****ed Colt's Sister"

SoonerBacker
11/28/2008, 10:26 PM
how about a sign that says "Whining is not our way to Championship"

That one is CLASS!

kevpks
11/28/2008, 10:29 PM
I liked a sign at an OU/UT basketball game a few years back pointing out Vitale's infatuation with TJ Ford:

Dick loves TJ
and
TJ loves Dick

OULenexaman
11/28/2008, 11:13 PM
WE SCORED 62 IN ONLY 3 QUARTERS AND IT WAS IN COLLEGE STATION!

That one works for me....

CtheB
11/28/2008, 11:21 PM
TEXAS: EVERYONE KNOWS THE SCORE, THEY APPARENTLY DON'T CARE.

bri
11/28/2008, 11:33 PM
Desperation is a stinky cologne.

OULenexaman
11/28/2008, 11:37 PM
....do this don't do that can't you read the sign....

utex74
11/29/2008, 02:14 AM
I don't think its a bad idea to have signs for the Gameday scene, just not the 10,000 signs that texas had at the game. Remember, unlike texas last night, OU/osu is going to be in primetime AGAIN and people know the ridiculous amount of implications. EVERYONE is going to be watching.

It's just a minor point, but last night was prime time, as well. I'm just saying. And I missed out on picking up a sign but sure enjoyed the ones out there. Especially "Javorskie Lane Ate My Other Sign"

pott_2
11/29/2008, 02:32 AM
Oooh.

"I ****ed Colt's Sister"

Colt's mom made this sign for me right after I ****** her.

SleestakSooner
11/29/2008, 06:05 AM
Tickets for the game in Stoolwater... $500

Crimson glasses to knock down the glare of gloss orange... $30

Watching the whole state of Texas whine and cry as the Sooners win another title... priceless.

Turd_Ferguson
11/29/2008, 06:06 AM
Tickets for the game in Stoolwater... $500

Crimson glasses to knock down the glare of gloss orange... $30

Watching the whole state of Texas whine and cry as the Sooners win another title... priceless.That rawks!;)

olevetonahill
11/29/2008, 06:30 AM

I really Hope OUR fans Have, and show More class than this shat . :rolleyes:

KYSooner
11/29/2008, 09:45 AM

But Colt has two gay dads!

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 09:50 AM
"Hey Corso! Beer ME!"

lol

StoopTroup
11/29/2008, 09:51 AM
"66-21" :D

Somebody was still drinking....lol

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2008, 10:04 AM
"66-21" :D

They have that one up on the front row on Gameday. The other are typical Aggie Lite posters.

brown town sooner
11/29/2008, 10:08 AM
I agree....let the texass fans whine and cry. What could be more satisfying than a win in Stoolwater tonight and Texas and Tech both sitting there trying to figure out which one gets to go to that 10:30 a.m. kickoff in that hole of a stadium they call the cotton bowl.

OU-HSV
11/29/2008, 10:46 AM
I saw a sign that said "My high school could beat TCU and Cinci"
It's funny how uninformed sheephumper fans are on the sport of College football. They probably don't even know that their team is ranked.

Idiots.

TopDawg
11/29/2008, 11:58 AM

I'm with you. I just wish someone had made a sign that said something to the effect of:

In Austin, it's called WHINEgiving.

Or CRYgiving.

Or BITCHANDMOANgiving...

something like that

jrboomersooner
11/29/2008, 01:02 PM
after seeing gameday i gotta say---that was the worst attempt at signs ive ever seen.

every
sooner
picks
noses ???

or

football is neat????

is that the best you got? hopefully the team is going to be better then the fans or this is gonna be ugly.

CatfishSooner
11/29/2008, 01:17 PM
I have to admit: "the orginal mobile home" w/ a picture of the the schooner...was pretty funny ...

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
11/29/2008, 01:42 PM
I have to admit: "the orginal mobile home" w/ a picture of the the schooner...was pretty funny ...

I laughed out loud at that one. That took some though. Sorry I miss the Javorskie Lane one. Thats pretty good too.

As too the unused tickets in Stillwater, how can a major college, one that likes to think that they are now a player on the national stage, allow, if the reports I hear a true, close to 15000 tickets go unsold for the biggest home game they have had in years. Stupid, just plain stupid. If nothing else TBP should have ponied up the doe to buy them out and then stood outside the stadium and given them away. I mean the dude has given the how many millions? Whats and few thou?

bri
11/29/2008, 01:58 PM
I mean the dude has given the how many millions?

Well, it varies from day to day. :D

Boarder
11/29/2008, 03:29 PM
Sadly, the funniest one was, "Granger Stole My Other Sign"

KYSooner
11/29/2008, 03:31 PM
Sadly, the funniest one was, "Granger Stole My Other Sign"

I'd have to agree...sadly.