PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown; has he no shame?

MamaMia
11/28/2008, 12:17 AM
Hey Mack! Coach Callahan called and wants his whambulance back. :texan:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/whambulance8bz.jpg

JLEW1818
11/28/2008, 12:19 AM
haha. I don't think that Win impressed anybody.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2008, 12:20 AM
haha. I don't think that Win impressed anybody.

ESPiN was doing some of their best spinning tonight.

77-0, that's impressive.

49-9 (or whatever it was), that's impressive.. when people aren't expecting it. I was expecting 65-7, 77-0, that would have been impressive.

nytehorn
11/28/2008, 12:22 AM
How do you figure it impressed no one??? We beat A&M by more points than OU!!

vigilantesooner
11/28/2008, 12:23 AM
The booth idiots acted like Texas had broken some scoring records or something. I'd like to see a nationwide poll of non Longhorn fans who are asked if this is an impressive victory. I'm thinking 99% no.

As a matter of fact, I thought it was pretty unimpressive, considering they're playing a terrible team at home and had a goal to run up the score as much as possible. Scoring 49 points against a defense that's not in the top 100 in any category, when you're TRYING to run up the score, is pathetic actually.

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2008, 12:24 AM

Yeah, at home. We were on the road.

So what's your favorite cheese?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2008, 12:25 AM

you were at home.

on senior night.

bri
11/28/2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah, the fact that they had to score almost half of their totally awe-inspiring 49 points in the 4th quarter kind of takes the stank off their alleged beatdown.

We're Oklahoma, dammit. 49-9 is a halftime score where I come from. :D

nytehorn
Obviously, you did not watch the sportsmanship Texas displayed!! We played the second team the entire 4th quarter....just trying to run the clock out. Only OU needs style points....Texas has character points!!

meoveryouxinfinity
The booth idiots acted like Texas had broken some scoring records or something. I'd like to see a nationwide poll of non Longhorn fans who are asked if this is an impressive victory. I'm thinking 99% no.

As a matter of fact, I thought it was pretty unimpressive, considering they're playing a terrible team at home and had a goal to run up the score as much as possible. Scoring 49 points against a defense that's not in the top 100 in any category, when you're TRYING to run up the score, is pathetic actually.

Oh come on, they had the backup qb in even.

But I personally think it was because McCoy had taken a few hits.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2008, 12:27 AM
Obviously, you did not watch the sportsmanship Texas displayed!! We played the second team the entire 4th quarter....just trying to run the clock out. Only OU needs style points....Texas has character points!!

I posted this right after you did. Agree.

But all this means is you get a gold star and get to ride on the special bus home.

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2008, 12:29 AM

So y'all like to play that moral victory card as much as aggy does.

SoonerDood
11/28/2008, 12:31 AM
Obviously, you did not watch the sportsmanship Texas displayed!! We played the second team the entire 4th quarter....just trying to run the clock out.

So did we.
FAIL.

vigilantesooner
11/28/2008, 12:32 AM
Oh come on, they had the backup qb in even.

But I personally think it was because McCoy had taken a few hits.

How do you explain 28-3 after the 3rd quarter? They barely got the lid off of their offense, and they're lucky they had a big 4th quarter so they could put their second stringers in. Are you trying to say they weren't trying to beat AtM as badly as possible by the 4th quarter? They wanted to run the score up, they couldn't do it but they were able to put a bad beatdown on AtM which means you have to obey the unwritten law of replacing your starters.

49-9 when you're trying to tear a terrible opponent apart is pure pathetic. Like a previous poster said, that score is an OU halftime score.

bri
11/28/2008, 12:33 AM

Does the series of downs from the Aggie 1-yard line at the beginning of the fourth quarter count in your "the entire 4th quarter" assessment? 'Cause if it does, you must have had the backup Colt McCoy trying to throw one more touchdown pass.

You fail.

ARW3
11/28/2008, 12:39 AM
We had 66 through 3 quarters against the ags.

JLEW1818
11/28/2008, 12:40 AM
We had 66 through 3 quarters against the ags.

AND it was at College Station.

But wait,,, the aggies are ut's rival wahhh.

GrapevineSooner
11/28/2008, 12:40 AM

We did too.

We scored our 66 points before the start of the fourth.

JLEW1818
11/28/2008, 12:41 AM
its a rival game tho .....blahh

hehe

SicEmBaylor
11/28/2008, 01:00 AM
UT's win over Aggie wasn't much better than ours. We won 41-21, but Aggie had two very late 4th quarter touchdowns after we pulled both our first string offense and defense. We took our foot off the gas by the time the 4th quarter started and spotted them two TDs . Next to that, UT's score isn't much more impressive.

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 01:10 AM

Colt McCoy is on the second team?

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 01:11 AM
Does the series of downs from the Aggie 1-yard line at the beginning of the fourth quarter count in your "the entire 4th quarter" assessment? 'Cause if it does, you must have had the backup Colt McCoy trying to throw one more touchdown pass.

You fail.

Whoops. I see that was already covered.

ARW3
11/28/2008, 01:16 AM
Whoops. I see that was already covered.

That's, ok. I think this past week has firmly established the complete absence of whorn short term memory.

bri
11/28/2008, 01:18 AM
It never hurts to mention it again. It's the "30,000 '45-35' signs" of calling that guy an idiot. :D

btk108
11/28/2008, 01:24 AM
Hey whorns.....Florida vs Citadel......same thing.....you get nothing for this win.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2008, 01:25 AM
I m just ready for this weekend to be over with so I don't have to hear anything about a 3 way tie anymore...unless OU is left out...then I ll have to hear about it until the red-white game

tommieharris91
11/28/2008, 01:26 AM
UT's win over Aggie wasn't much better than ours. We won 41-21, but Aggie had two very late 4th quarter touchdowns after we pulled both our first string offense and defense. We took our foot off the gas by the time the 4th quarter started and spotted them two TDs . Next to that, UT's score isn't much more impressive.
Can you please e-mail this to every writer and college football poll voter you know? If you do this, I'll buy you a classy hooker.

JLEW1818
11/28/2008, 01:26 AM
I m just ready for this weekend to be over with so I don't have to hear anything about a 3 way tie anymore...unless OU is left out...then I ll have to hear about it until the red-white game

If your a betting man, and the 3 way tie happens, do we get in?

SoonerBacker
11/28/2008, 03:16 AM

As was pointed out on another thread, we beat #2 Tech by more points than you beat unranked aTm.

sooner59
11/28/2008, 03:31 AM

Hmm.....where do we begin with this brilliant post?

Texas 49 A&M 9 = 40 point difference
OU 66 A&M 28 =38 point difference

Lets start with the end of the 3rd quarter:

Texas 28 A&M 3 = 21 (seems like this is still semi-interesting)
OU 66 A&M 21 = 45 points (this game has been over for a while now)

On to the 4th quarter:

OU scores ZERO points as to not run up the score any more.
Texas scores 21 points because they NEED it to look impressive (very classy)

The spread was 35 and Texas BARELY covered....in Austin. Congratulations.

This game was not interesting at all. As a Sooner fan, I expected Texas to win by at least 50......and thats without scoring nearly half their points in the 4th quarter. That was pretty weak. OU > Texas. I hope the voters are intelligent enough to see this.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2008, 04:25 AM

Really? The entire second team was in? I somehow don't believe this and I also know texass was still passing through the entire quarter, still talking smack, and still trying their hardest to score.

SoonerShark
11/28/2008, 04:46 AM

We score 66 on A&M in three quarters on Kyle Field, which was more than any visitor had ever scored in 3/4 of the time.

SoonerShark
11/28/2008, 04:50 AM

One last time. Of course, Oklahoma is playing better now than UT. Losing to UT was a fluke loss, like UT losing to both Kansas State and A&M the last two years, home and away. Were K-State and A&M better than UT? Hardly. They won in a fluke. Was Stanford better than USC last year? Nope. Is UT better than OU today? Heck no. OU beat A&M on its home field, scoring more points than any visitor ever has on Kyle Field, in just 3 quarters. OU may have been at home against Tech, but it scored more points than has ever been scored against Tech. It has beaten both a very good TCU team that lost to Utah in UT in the last minute and Big East probable champion Cincinnati team by 25+ points. OU scored more points against Washington in Seattle than it has given up in nearly 80 years. And further, the Tech team OU led by 35 points at the half led Texas most of the game in Lubbock including the point where it counted, at the end. It turns out that OU's game with UT was the fluke. UT is this years K-State on OU's schedule. Or A&M. Gig 'em, Horns! Honk 'em, Wildcats! Purple pride took down a Longhorn. Horny, you are K-State!

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2008, 05:00 AM
Heck no. OU beat A&M on its home field, scoring more points than any visitor ever has on Kyle Field, in just 3 quarters. OU may have been at home against Tech, but it scored more points than has ever been scored against Tech.

That's so relevant to what happened today. Texass was TRYING to impress and they played like Baylor or someone. Who cares? We destroyed the nutgrabbers.

Jacie
11/28/2008, 08:35 AM
Texas fans = crybabies

85sooners
11/28/2008, 08:45 AM
screw the horns:D

The Maestro
11/28/2008, 08:52 AM
I thought Mack Brown was totally classy after the game...even gave credit to OU and Texas Tech. He didn't have to do that, but his campaigning was minimal...you have to expect him to do some of it...but he wasn't overly political.

What's done is done. We can all debate it, Texas fans can join a facebook page...and in the end that has NOTHING to do with what will happen.

OKLA21FAN
11/28/2008, 08:56 AM
I thought Mack Brown was totally classy after the game...even gave credit to OU and Texas Tech. He didn't have to do that, but his campaigning was minimal...you have to expect him to do some of it...but he wasn't overly political.

What's done is done. We can all debate it, Texas fans can join a facebook page...and in the end that has NOTHING to do with what will happen.

spek!

stoopified
11/28/2008, 10:40 AM
The thing that makes me laugh is that UT NEEDS OU to beat oSU or they are done(that pesky head to head thing against Tortilla Tossers).When we beat down oSu, UT is screwed beacuse a win over the #12 BCS ranked Cowpukes easily lifts us past the VOMIT ORANGE COWS.The funny thing is I don't think it will take a blowout as UT barely beat T.BS in AUSTIN.

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 10:50 AM
Can you please e-mail this to every writer and college football poll voter you know? If you do this, I'll buy you a classy hooker.

**** Ill go in and Help get her for Him for an Entire weekend .:hot:

IronHorseSooner
11/28/2008, 10:56 AM

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Jordan back, swoosh game over! What :texan: did was no more impressive than what you, Aggie Lite, or anybody else did. Aggie has to have the absolute worst offense that I have seen in a BCS or name school. That's with three good players in McGee, Lane, and Goodson, to boot. UTerus was only 7-0 after a quarter. I think we had either 21 or 28 by that point...Now, this is from the nephew of a 40-year Baptist minister and a fellow Baptist, please don't win in Tortillaville. :D

oubose
11/28/2008, 11:19 AM
texas beats atm whats the hipe about, everyone knew that would happen, I think a junior college could have beat'm. H*ll if you play a team with no defense or offense your a shoe in, and if texas is so bad a** why did thet let atm score at all. Remember texas will always suck and so will mack brown. GO SOONERS!!!

soonerhillbilly
11/28/2008, 12:26 PM
I AM SO READY FOR SATURDAY NIGHT!!!! BOOMER SOONER !!!!!

SoonerTroll
11/28/2008, 12:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA WAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Frozen Sooner
11/28/2008, 01:09 PM
That's, ok. I think this past week has firmly established the complete absence of whorn short term memory.

I figured it out!

He was talking about second team all-Big-12!

picasso
11/28/2008, 05:36 PM

hey dooshbag. we could have scored 90 points on those Gomers.

Cam
11/28/2008, 05:42 PM

Are Orakpo and "Uh oh it's" Sergio still starters? Just checkin.

bri
11/28/2008, 05:46 PM
:texan: THAT'S DIFFERENT! THAT'S THE DEFENSE!!

Cam
11/28/2008, 05:51 PM
Then I guess that pick 6 McCoy threw in Lubbock doesn't count either. Which makes sense because apparently the entire game never happened...

oubose
11/28/2008, 06:10 PM
texas fans sure have a problem with having sh*t in one eye and just plain can't see out of the other. GO SOONERS!!!

WVSooner
11/28/2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah, at home. We were on the road.

So what's your favorite cheese?

EXACTLY! We scored 66 on them, none in the 4th. We called off the dogs, on their field. Texas scored 49 points at home and 21 of those being in the 4th. I'm not impressed.

btk108
11/28/2008, 07:38 PM
Are Orakpo and "Uh oh it's" Sergio still starters? Just checkin.

I'm pretty sure that was Beasley that got burned on the A&M touchdown pass during the 4th quarter. When did he get demoted to second string?