PDA

View Full Version : Rematch! OU vs Texas who wins?

sooner59
11/27/2008, 11:43 PM
Its a 3-way tie if we win and they want to argue over a 2-way tiebreaker (head-to-head). Thats fine. ESPN should put up a poll over who would win if OU and Texas had a rematch to determine who went to the MNC. If we played again, I think with our improvements on defense and improved running game that we beat Texas 48-30.

ARW3
11/27/2008, 11:47 PM
...we beat Texas 48-30.

It wouldn't be that close.

OKLA21FAN
11/27/2008, 11:49 PM
is this hornfans.com???

'we would beat them now' :pop:

vigilantesooner
11/27/2008, 11:56 PM
48-30? What happens in that game, Bradford gets hurt in the second quarter, we give up 2 garbage TD's in the second half?

sooner59
11/27/2008, 11:58 PM
It wouldn't be that close.

Im hoping it wouldn't be that close, but its been really close since Bob has been here. Stillwater hasn't been a place where we have played well lately.

sooner59
11/27/2008, 11:59 PM
48-30? What happens in that game, Bradford gets hurt in the second quarter, we give up 2 garbage TD's in the second half?

This year, most likely. However, its usually closer than expected in sheeptown.

vigilantesooner
11/28/2008, 12:07 AM
This year, most likely. However, its usually closer than expected in sheeptown.

You wrote your thread asking about what would happen in a rematch between OU and Tx.

ARW3
11/28/2008, 12:08 AM
Im hoping it wouldn't be that close, but its been really close since Bob has been here. Stillwater hasn't been a place where we have played well lately.

Are you drunk from the 45-35 drinking game?

We're talking about a rematch with Texas!

:)

sooner59
11/28/2008, 12:28 AM
Oops sorry, I have been in several discussions here over the OU-OSU game. I got off on a tangent. The whole family is over here for Thanksgiving and everybody is on the OSU game this week and ive been so livid that its now affected my posting. I completely dropped the ball.

Ok, my OU-Texas rematch prediction would be; OU-45 ut-27

GreaterState
11/28/2008, 12:40 AM
is this hornfans.com???

'we would beat them now' :pop:

Nope, just the traditional SF thread the week after any RRS loss.

It's almost enough for me to root for the MNC rematch, but you had your chance and frankly didn't look too good. Nice work against other teams, though.

ARW3
11/28/2008, 12:41 AM
Nope, just the traditional SF thread the week after any RRS loss.

It's almost enough for me to root for the MNC rematch, but you had your chance and frankly didn't look too good. Nice work against other teams, though.

You had your chance against tech and frankly you looked horrible. Maybe next year, eh?

GreaterState
11/28/2008, 12:43 AM
You had your chance against tech and frankly you looked horrible. Maybe next year, eh?

LOL horrible! Any network would rather have that game than the RRS.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy Sooners gloating over another team's fighting their battle. DO. NOT. STOP.

sooner59
11/28/2008, 12:44 AM
I say go FSU and go Auburn! I WANT a rematch. Bring on Texas for the MNC, ill gladly welcome that.

Be careful what you wish for GreaterState.

vigilantesooner
11/28/2008, 12:46 AM

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy Sooners gloating over another team's fighting their battle. DO. NOT. STOP.

You're right, they'd rather have a Tech/Horn rematch, they know at this point OU would dispatch the Longhorns before the end of the 2nd quarter and everybody would have changed the channel by the second half. At least with a Tech/Horn rematch they know Texas is now crappy enough to have to go down to final plays with Tech.

GreaterState
11/28/2008, 12:49 AM
You're right, they'd rather have a Tech/Horn rematch, they know at this point OU would dispatch the Longhorns before the end of the 2nd quarter and everybody would have changed the channel by the second half. At least with a Tech/Horn rematch they know Texas is now crappy enough to have to go down to final plays with Tech.

:D "I am strong like bull! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses OW OW please Shipley don't hurt us"

ARW3
11/28/2008, 12:52 AM

We fought your battle by beating tech. This is really getting frustrating. Forest, what is so hard to understand about a 3-way tie?

GreaterState
11/28/2008, 12:58 AM
We fought your battle by beating tech. This is really getting frustrating. Forest, what is so hard to understand about a 3-way tie?

A three-way tie is useful insofar as our conference has to go to the fourth tiebreaker.

But Sooners are crowing to Longhorns about being better than Texas by the commutative property (no such thing), out there thinking beating Tech erases their shame overall. Just cheating themselves in the long run.

sooner59
11/28/2008, 12:59 AM
Agreed. Like whorn fans weren't cheering for OU to beat Tech and fight their battle for them. If you weren't then you prove how much you don't know about the BCS. GreaterState is either a hippocrate or an idiot. Let's let him choose.

vigilantesooner
11/28/2008, 01:07 AM
Agreed. Like whorn fans weren't cheering for OU to beat Tech and fight their battle for them. If you weren't then you prove how much you don't know about the BCS. GreaterState is either a hippocrate or an idiot. Let's let him choose.

They really screwed themselves with a late season loss to Tech, I saw this coming a mile away. If Tech won out, they'd get the NC nod, if OU won out, we'd get the NC nod. They had to root for the only scenario that gave them a chance, but of course they're all deluded so they completely forgot how the voter's mind works. I believe even with a small win we would have leaped Texas in the human polls. Either way, we succeeded in killing the #2 ranked team in the country, jumping Texas in the polls, and getting Texas to root for us all at the same time. It's beautiful being a Sooner.

sooner59
11/28/2008, 01:09 AM
They really screwed themselves with a late season loss to Tech, I saw this coming a mile away. If Tech won out, they'd get the NC nod, if OU won out, we'd get the NC nod. They had to root for the only scenario that gave them a chance, but of course they're all deluded so they completely forgot how the voter's mind works. I believe even with a small win we would have leaped Texas in the human polls. Either way, we succeeded in killing the #2 ranked team in the country, jumping Texas in the polls, and getting Texas to root for us all at the same time. It's beautiful being a Sooner.

Couldn't have said it better.

ARW3
11/28/2008, 01:10 AM
A three-way tie is useful insofar as our conference has to go to the fourth tiebreaker.

But Sooners are crowing to Longhorns about being better than Texas by the commutative property (no such thing), out there thinking beating Tech erases their shame overall. Just cheating themselves in the long run.

ummm...no. I'm crowing about the fact that Tech deserves it more than you because, you know, head to head is the only thing that's important. I'm also crowing about the rather pedestrian performance against TAMU.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2008, 05:07 AM
I'm crowing about how texass fans are troll fags.

aurorasooner
11/28/2008, 09:07 AM
Re: Rematch! OU vs Texas who wins? OU vs Pokes will answer that ? imo. If our defense plays well like they've done the last 2 games (Nebraska, Tech), our offense continues to move the ball w/o TOs, and we win in the Stool by 2 or 3 TDs (or more), then imo we'd easily beat Texas assuming both teams play well. I just don't see Texas converting many 3rd downs against the OU D that was on the field our last 2 games.
I wasn't impressed with Texas last night and would've liked to have seen that game played on a normal quality field instead of something resembling a freshly irrigated cow pasture. Way too much slipping and sliding around on that pitiful surface for a below average aTm secondary to keep up with the faster Texas receivers. The only quality thing about that game was that the Big 12 didn't have the Austin Mafia on the field.

fossil
11/28/2008, 10:01 AM
ummm...no. I'm crowing about the fact that Tech deserves it more than you because, you know, head to head is the only thing that's important. I'm also crowing about the rather pedestrian performance against TAMU.

:P Right on brother. So the horns won by 40. Hell, Baylor beat TAMU by that much I believe. Texas, on their home field, should have won by 70 but could only manage to equal Baylor's effort against the Aggies!! Whoop-te-doo!!!

Had it not been for a very late touchdown in the first half, the Whorns go to the lockerroom leading only 14-3. Not much to brag about as I see it.

stoopified
11/28/2008, 10:21 AM
Vomit Orange Cows suck,OU rolls.

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 10:22 AM

Is that why Yall were rootin fer US over Tech ?:rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
11/28/2008, 10:49 AM
As I stated in another thread. Vegas would have us favored, even if we played the game in Austin.

SoonerLB
11/28/2008, 11:34 AM
Straight from Swami's crystal ball, OU 49 - whorns 28.

NormanPride
11/28/2008, 11:46 AM
It'd be a different game, but who knows how it would turn out. I doubt there would be a special teams TD for Texas, though. I also think our LBs match up better now. The Texas pass rush has gotten a bit better, but so has our OLine... The Texas running game has gotten a tad better but they looked terrible again against aggy. Who knows. It would be tough on both sides. I think we're more complete now than Texas could ever hope to be, and I think the D has improved quite a bit.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/28/2008, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterState

Is that why Yall were rootin fer US over Tech ?

and will be rootin for us over OSU

Ace
11/28/2008, 02:06 PM
OK, I'd say OU by at least 28 in a rematch. Maybe by more if played in Norman.