PDA

View Full Version : We Can Bytch About the Signs but.....

IGotNoTiming
11/27/2008, 11:11 PM
I am gonna get flamed but I don't care...

The BCS and ESPN are loving the whole 45-35 campaign... It keeps people talking about college football in a season where the only conference that means anything this year has such a crazy race at hand. Every other conference is a big freakin' yawner this year. Suktacular....

Except the Big 12...

You really can't blame the ridiculous Longhorns for workin' the pedestrians like a bunch of Saigon whores... they want their team in and the sign campaign is their best hope if we beat OSU.

This whole situation reaks, sucks, and otherwise...... yada yada yada....

Jeezus I can't believe I am defending them but I am afraid the BCS officially sucks worse than the Longhorns...

Go In Peace.....

Dan Thompson
11/28/2008, 12:44 AM
ESPN are really salesman. They are selling the hype to get a greater audiance for the next game, so they can get more ad dollars, so they (ESPN) can make more money.

It's always about the money.

sooner59
11/28/2008, 12:46 AM
It doesn't really matter with the short memories of the TV people. Come Saturday, they will be talking about how Texas BARELY beat this OSU team IN AUSTIN. They will start working for us if we play well.

ARW3
11/28/2008, 12:49 AM
39-33

sooner59
11/28/2008, 01:07 AM
If Texas gets edged out of the MNC because of the BCS, they join the ranks of USC because of complaining that human voters screwed them. Texas and USC will be one and the same. Im sure they will be proud of that. The USC Longhorns.....lets collectively hate them even more. Next thing you know the computers will decide the BCS by themselves, or a playoff will spontaneously come into play. College football is the craziest sport in the world when trying to decide a champion.

JLEW1818
11/28/2008, 01:12 AM
It doesn't really matter with the short memories of the TV people. Come Saturday, they will be talking about how Texas BARELY beat this OSU team IN AUSTIN. They will start working for us if we play well.

True Dat

MamaMia
11/28/2008, 01:13 AM
39 - 33

ARW3
11/28/2008, 01:14 AM
I credit the voters with the smarts to figure out the best team on their own. Texas and ESPN fear the same thing.

JLEW1818
11/28/2008, 01:14 AM
Florida lost to an unranked team at home

Usc lost to a team that LOST TO STANFORD, ..........STANFORD.....STANFORD, AND USC LOST TO STANFORD THE YEAR BEFORE, SO IT WAS NOT A FLUKE

i just love reminding myself of that stuff.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2008, 04:30 AM
We Can Bytch About the Signs but whorns are gay enough without 'em

Fixed

SoonerShark
11/28/2008, 04:43 AM
I trumpet this whenever I can. Of course, Oklahoma is playing better now than anybody. Losing to UT was a fluke loss, like UT losing to both Kansas State and A&M the last two years, home and away. Were K-State and A&M better than UT? Hardly. They won in a fluke. Was Stanford better than USC last year? Nope. Is UT better than OU today? Heck no. OU beat A&M on its home field, scoring more points than any visitor ever has on Kyle Field. OU may have been at home against Tech, but it scored more points than has ever been scored against Tech. It has beaten both a very good TCU team that lost to Utah in UT in the last minute and Big East probable champion Cincinnati team by 25+ points. OU scored more points against Washington in Seattle than it has given up in nearly 80 years. And further, the Tech team OU led by 35 points at the half led Texas most of the game in Lubbock including the point where it counted, at the end. It turns out that OU's game with UT was the fluke. UT is this years K-State on OU's schedule. Or A&M. Gig 'em, Horns! Honk 'em, Wildcats! Purple pride took down a Longhorn.

Jacie
11/28/2008, 08:32 AM
The horn fans are concerned about the pollsters remembering the October game.

Hell, they won't even remember what happened Thursday night!

It is OUr turn to be in the spotlight and that is the game that will be fresh in everyone's mind.

Oklahoma dismantles aggie, Sooners keep the human votes and get the computer bump to move into #2.

OU goes to the Big XII CG, beats misery and at 12-1 would anyone even dare to look so foolish as to suggest a team with a lesser record get the nod to play for the MNC?

For all their ranting and teeth gnashing, the horn campaign will get them squat because everyone, even the pollsters, recognizes it for what it is.

Texas fans = crybabies