PDA

View Full Version : THis may have already been discussed but

achiro
11/27/2008, 10:37 PM
doesn't the Thursday night game hurt texass with the pollsters as well if OU wins? and on thanksgiving? 3 days and a lot of football between now and the votes.

bri
11/27/2008, 10:41 PM
yeah, they get two days to look up and realize how horrible A&M is, plus the insulting campaign speech from the student that started the Facebook 45-35 page is not gonna sit well with them.

Pretty much, at this point it really does feel like if we beat aggy, we're in. Texas had a valid argument, but their inherent jackassery is doing the job for us.

GrapevineSooner
11/27/2008, 10:42 PM
The only advantage I could see for OU in this situation is you already know how Texas played against A&M, so you'll know how many 'style points' you'll have to put up against Oklahoma State IF you get into such a situation in the game.

Me? I'm just hoping they go in doing what they need to do to win the game and let everything else sort itself out.

Jacie
11/27/2008, 11:01 PM
What the texas fans did on Thanksgiving night was show the football-watching public what Sooners already knew:

Texas fans = crybabies

sooner59
11/27/2008, 11:12 PM
News bulletin:

Voters = Short memory (this rings true year after year)

If we beat OSU in Stillwater, people will go crazy about how on national television with the Gameday crew there, OU beat the #12 team in hostile territory. Then they think....Texas killed A&M, but A&M is really bad. If fact, they beat a 4-8 team on their home field. Thats pretty much expected. OU > Texas. But as long as we win, few or none will switch their vote to Texas, and some will switch from Texas to OU. Plus the computer will hate Texas and love OU. We HAVE to win this game and play really well in the process. We need our players to play the game of their lives this week. Everything is at stake.

FirstandGoal
11/27/2008, 11:15 PM
Just got back in from spending the day at my sister's house and watched the game up until the start of the 4th quarter.

Now I realize that I may be a bit biased being a Sooner and all, but the main impression I have received from the whole 45-35 campaign is complete and utter desperation.

Seriously, looking at all of the fans in the stands with the signs and seeing that ***hat who started the whole facebook thing really slams home just how scared ****less the whorn fans are and how they know that they are clinging to the #2 spot by a sliver of a fingernail and can do nothing.... I repeat nothing about the fact that if we win, we pass 'em.

Desperation by thousands of whorns on national tv=priceless :)

vigilantesooner
11/27/2008, 11:29 PM
The facebook dude, on national tv, made every Texas fan holding a sign look like gigantic burnt orange d0uchebags. What a moron, I am so glad they interviewed him, he even pissed the announcers off.

SouthFortySooner
11/27/2008, 11:46 PM
The idiots in the stands were entertaining compared to the boring, (oh wait), methodical drivel on the ppissmoistend field. stupid cows

sooner59
11/27/2008, 11:50 PM
At least Fowler put him in his place, then they said again how good OU was. I won't lie. The 40 point win made me nervous, but my confidence in our team makes me feel better. I think if OSU holds us under 40 they will pull it off. But I don't see that happening. Sam isn't used to playing 4 full quarters will the playbook wide open. We should break 40. If we hold them under 30 on defense, I think that will give us the win as well. I think the game is more dependent on our defense than our offense. We are going to score points, its how many we let them have that will decide the outcome. This includes our kickoff team. They need to cover like we did against Tech.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/28/2008, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=sooner59;2504068]At least Fowler put him in his place, then they said again how good OU was. I won't lie. QUOTE]

The beauty of this interview was when Fowler asked him..."since OU won convincingly at home over the team that you lost to, should they be holding up signs that say 39-33?"

The stutter and pregnant pause from the kid spoke volumes. He was expecting Fowler to just stroke him for 3 minutes and give him a pulpit to lead the whorns to BCS glory...and his only response is that we "werent as active and politically minded as him" so we probably wouldnt make signs. Im sure his facebook disciples at home were all screaming at the tv "NO!! WE DONT WANT THE VOTERS TO KNOW ABOUT THAT LOSS..OUR SIGNS ARE THE ONLY TRUTH...LEAVE OUR LEADER ALONE"

SoonerinSouthlake
11/28/2008, 11:33 AM
doesn't the Thursday night game hurt texass with the pollsters as well if OU wins? and on thanksgiving? 3 days and a lot of football between now and the votes.

I believe the extra day absolutely will hurt them.
Not to mention, wonder how many voters turned off the TV at half time, after the whorns put a pretty average looking 21 points on the board?

If we can put a big whippin on the pokes Saturday night in Stoolwater that will be FRESH on their mind Sunday morning

IronHorseSooner
11/28/2008, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=sooner59;2504068]At least Fowler put him in his place, then they said again how good OU was. I won't lie. QUOTE]

The beauty of this interview was when Fowler asked him..."since OU won convincingly at home over the team that you lost to, should they be holding up signs that say 39-33?"

The stutter and pregnant pause from the kid spoke volumes. He was expecting Fowler to just stroke him for 3 minutes and give him a pulpit to lead the whorns to BCS glory...and his only response is that we "werent as active and politically minded as him" so we probably wouldnt make signs. Im sure his facebook disciples at home were all screaming at the tv "NO!! WE DONT WANT THE VOTERS TO KNOW ABOUT THAT LOSS..OUR SIGNS ARE THE ONLY TRUTH...LEAVE OUR LEADER ALONE"

That moment was priceless. Fowler is from Big XII Country, he knows full well of Uterus's reputation. That interview hurt their cause more than anything Bob could. Good job, Mr. Fowler, good job indeed.

bri
11/28/2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah, Fowler redeemed himself for years of d*uchebaggery with that one. You get the feeling he's as sick of it as the rest of us. :D

Spray
11/28/2008, 12:02 PM
Is that interview anywhere online? I can't find it.