PDA

View Full Version : Texas beat OU on a neutral field.

My Opinion Matters
11/27/2008, 10:01 AM
Nothing else in the universe matters. College football was not played before, or after, this happened. Any questions?

guzziguy
11/27/2008, 10:03 AM
Who was it that beat Texass? Oh, I remember, a team that OU stomped a mudhole in.

My Opinion Matters
11/27/2008, 10:04 AM
Who was it that beat Texass?

Nobody. Texas beat OU on a neutral field.

StoopTroup
11/27/2008, 10:26 AM
There's some truth to the fact that "Nobody" beat texas.

I mean there was somebody that thought they beat texas...but they came up to Norman last Saturday and found out the were wrong.

Seems lots of folks from texas are wrong about a whole lot of stuff these days.

Weird huh? :D

SteelCitySooner
11/27/2008, 10:30 AM
Anybody got any blinders that I can have? Please? I want to be in ignorant bliss too!!

SoonerLB
We've got to face reality, the rest of America can't stand it when the Sooners are on top, they just can't.
So screw 'em and just sit there with a smile while they try to dream up reasons to deny us the throne.
We KNOW the truth, let them grovel in their ignorant drivel, 'cause they be morans! :)

fossil
I am so sick of the constant whining I hear here in south Texas I could puke. All of a sudden, it matters so much that Texas beat OU on a so called nuetral field (80-90 miles inside enemy territory), but we're NOT supposed to remember that Tech beat Texas. All I hear now, and from Mack Brown especially, is how danged unfair it is that a great team will not get to play in the conference championship game. He is assuming that when the Sooners spank OSU, they will jump his Texas team for the #2 spot in the BCS. However, if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't hear a damned word from slappy Brown or the Whorn fans about how unfair it was.

And if you think the whining is bad now, wait until after OU jumps them!!!!

mojohornfan
11/27/2008, 10:36 AM
However, if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't hear a damned word from slappy Brown or the Whorn fans about how unfair it was.

And if you think the whining is bad now, wait until after OU jumps them!!!!

Lets play that game. You beat Texas in Dallas. We beat a team that beat you. Are you gonna sit there and say..."well, even though we beat the whorns, they deserve to go because they beat a team that beat us"...???
Yeah, go ahead and try to answer that one. LMFAO!!!!!!

kevpks
11/27/2008, 10:38 AM
Lets play that game. You beat Texas in Dallas. We beat a team that beat you. Are you gonna sit there and say..."well, even though we beat the whorns, they deserve to go because they beat a team that beat us"...???
Yeah, go ahead and try to answer that one. LMFAO!!!!!!

So why should you be ranked ahead of Tech again?

2k2 c5
11/27/2008, 10:39 AM
This is reallly getting old, beating dead Bevo here. Neutral/Home/Road field advantage/disadvantage I believe has been a tool used to set the line before the game and I've never seen it used to mitigate a score except for political gain. The score is what it is and shouldn't be over-interpreted.

And head to head still only applies to a two, again two-way tie and last I looked, until after Saturday plays out, this is a three-way, which by the way should fulfill many unrealized fantasies.

My Opinion Matters
11/27/2008, 10:39 AM

I'll answer that one for Chris.

Texas beat OU on a neutral field.

mojohornfan
11/27/2008, 10:42 AM

Because smart people that KNOW football realize that if we had a chance to play them again with our star players on ANY field, we'd tear 'em a new *******.

SoonerLB
11/27/2008, 10:43 AM
If only we could kick that useless Mizzou out of the CC game and insert Texas. Then we could give Texas their payback ***-whuppin' and settle all this nonsense.

StoopTroup
11/27/2008, 10:46 AM
You beat Texas in Dallas.

And those were 5 years that I enjoyed immensely. :D

mojohornfan
11/27/2008, 10:46 AM
If only we could kick that useless Mizzou out of the CC game and insert Texas. Then we could give Texas their payback ***-whuppin' and settle all this nonsense.

Yes and it would be by more than 10 points this time.

StoopTroup
11/27/2008, 10:51 AM

Now...if we're going to play a game that never happened....

That would be the one I and most of America would like to see replayed right now IMHO. Just like Bama has had to sit there and endure the "Florida is playing great right now...they are the best Team in the Country" BS...I bet they can't wait to get the Auburn Game behind them and line up in front of the Gators for all the marbles.

I'd like to play texas this weekend worse than aggy. I believe it would send the right team to the MNC without any controversy too. Eliminate the Big XII CG and move on to Miami.

But alas...that's not the way it's going to play out.

It's going to be ugly for someone...my bet is that texas gets leftover turkey on Saturday.

devOUt
11/27/2008, 10:52 AM
It's going to be cold in Kansas City without the horns there blowing hot air.

StoopTroup
11/27/2008, 10:53 AM
Yes and it would be by more than 10 points this time.

In your dreams.

HoustonsOwn
11/27/2008, 10:53 AM
if i had 3 wishes, after bagging endless money and jessica alba, i would wish for an OU/texas CCG

**** world peace....there are bigger things in life!

SoonerBacker
11/27/2008, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by SoonerLB
"If only we could kick that useless Mizzou out of the CC game and insert Texas. Then we could give Texas their payback ***-whuppin' and settle all this nonsense."

Reply from mojohorn:
"Yes and it would be by more than 10 points this time."

So now you're agreeing that if OU played uterus in KC for the CC, Oklahoma would win by more than 10? I agree.

TexasEx4OU
11/27/2008, 11:04 AM
Because smart people that KNOW football...

You just disqualified yourself from this discussion...

Jacie
11/27/2008, 11:04 AM
Nothing else in the universe matters. College football was not played before, or after, this happened. Any questions?

It is because Texas fans = crybabies

bcgvh
11/27/2008, 12:24 PM
Because smart people that KNOW football realize that if we had a chance to play them again with our star players on ANY field, we'd tear 'em a new *******.

Those same people also think that if OU played UT again, that OU would destroy UT...I would have to agree, especially with our young defense improving by the week.

tulsaoilerfan
11/27/2008, 12:29 PM
So how is OU's loss any worse than Florida losing at HOME to Ole Miss? The talking heads for some reason have forgot about that game

OUinFLA
11/27/2008, 12:32 PM
if i had 3 wishes, after bagging endless money and jessica alba, i would wish for an OU/texas CCG

**** world peace....there are bigger things in life!

ya lost me after jessica alba.

kelloggOUballa
11/27/2008, 12:50 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot, we would have lost to Tech at HOME, and Texas would have dismantled Tech in Lubbock. Sure, we wouldn't be happy. But we wouldn't really have an argument, either.

Soonerpsycho
11/27/2008, 01:11 PM
What's so neutral about a field located in Texas?

Dan Thompson
11/27/2008, 01:23 PM
If Texas had been serious about playing in the MNC, they should have won the TT game.

JLEW1818
11/27/2008, 01:30 PM
was it really on a neutral field ?

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2008, 02:05 PM
Seems lots of folks from texas are wrong about a whole lot of stuff these days.

Weird huh?

No, not really. It's a long-standing tradition.

Soonerfan88
11/27/2008, 02:49 PM
was it really on a neutral field ?

I actually agree that the field is neutral. The location is in Texas but the fan split is 50/50 and neither team can claim the stadium as home territory as it's the only game either plays there.

However, the officiating has never been neutral, including this year.

josh09
11/27/2008, 02:58 PM

They were kicking your *** the whole game! They were stupid and let you back in, but ended up winning anyway.

The point is, texass is just on the wrong side of the argument this year. It sucks for them, but someones gonna get hosed.

AlbqSooner
11/27/2008, 02:58 PM

Sheesh people. MyOpinionMatters already told ya. College football was not played before or AFTER Texass beat OU on a neutral field. How could Tech possibly be rated above the whorns when they haven't event played.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2008, 03:28 PM
I think there is a different lesson learned from this experience: If you are playing another team on its home field, a loss doesn't count. The game never happened.

Also, if it's late in the game and you have a pass from the opposing QB come your way, you don't really have to intercept it. Just being able to say that you could have intercepted the ball is just as good as intercepting it.

Also, if you are ahead late in the game and the opposing team has time for only one last drive, you have already won. Sure, you can let the other team score as a consolation prize.