PDA

View Full Version : The OSUck project:

seaquesix
11/26/2008, 04:22 PM
The OSUck project:

After listening to Zero state fans claim all of this tradition, I thought I’d list all of the “traditions” they’ve “borrowed” from other actual programs:

Waving Wheat ……Stolen From: Kansas

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of your opponent like wheat….waving. And the sheep humpers don’t even mimic that correctly. They look more like saluting Germans! (Which, technically, may have been lifted from the jack-booted thugs at Texas A&M)

Guns up!......Stolen From: Texas Tech

Pointing hand pistols in the air is a long time Sand aggie tradition. So is throwing tortillas…what...too obvious to rip-off? For originality, you could hold that “pistol” in the shape of an “L” on your forehead. LosuR.

Shakin’ yer Car keys……Stolen From: Several area high schools

When’s the Prom? I’m now waiting for the aggies to adopt the “we got spirit, yes we do…”cheer. How about “GO START THE BUS!” Loved that one in H.S.

Cowbells……Stolen From: Texas Tech & High schools

Annoying? Check.
Uncreative? YouBetcha!

“Good for a cowboy 1st down & 10”……Stolen From: K-State

That idiot announcer in Manhattan was annoying us long before your idiot announcer ever thought of it. Speaking of idiot announcers, does it get better than listening to Dave “Jocksniffer/Bunslicker” Hunsziker during a cowboy 4th quarter collapse?

Cheerleaders in Leather Chaps……Stolen From: texas

Sorry aggie, texas did it first. Want something original? Strap a saddle to a couple of your girthier girls and ride ‘em cowboy!

Paddle Heartbeat……Stolen From: University of Oklahoma RUF/NEKS

The oldest all male spirit organization in the nation has been keeping that heartbeat going since 1915. No unity or rhythm either…when the poke paddleslappers get to beatin’ the wall, it just sounds like T-Boone has a bad case of the walking farts! I giggle every time I hear it.

Big Head Paper Mache Mascot……Stolen From: Carnival (Rio de Janeiro)

Your mascot looks like a parade float. Back before plastics, resins and space-age polymers, a lot of schools made-do and constructed a mascot out of whatever was handy on campus. It’s 2008, yet ol’ Pete is still a painted Pig sh!t and sod sculpture.

Pistol Pete Mascot Likeness……Stolen From: Lady Elaine (Mr. Rogers)

You remember…the creepy androgynous hand puppet offspring of King Friday and Queen Sara. O-State went and put a cowboy hat and mustache on Lady Elaine Fairchild. How could anyone rip-off Fred Rogers? This one, however, stands to reason…with a fan base rooted in the land of make-believe…

To be fair…a list of things the aggies came up with on their own:

The “Poke Choke”……Originality: 10

You own this one kids. Only you can be counted on to “do something aggy” when it matters most.

The East-West Stadium……Originality: 8

Never understood this one. The setting sun is in your receivers eyes too. You probably didn’t think that one through. Not such an issue now as you’ve finally bricked and bowled-in Rustoleum Stadium

The “Flaming” Brand……Originality: 6

What…a little too GHEY to make that your helmet sticker? Afraid you’d be called the “Flamers”? Too bad…we still call you that.

Alarm Clock Uniform Numbers……Originality: 1

Originality score would have been higher, but they discontinued that two years ago. Something about wanting to hit the SNOOZE button during their games. That, and it was probably TOO original.

Majoring in Animal Husbandry……Originality: 4

Sure, other Ag schools offer this, but O-State has the most Animal Husbandry National Merit Scholars Per Capita.

Their QB wears Eyeliner……Originality: 6

Don’t know if it’s Cover girl or permanent, but it’s there. See also: Flamers

Coach with school color skin……Originality: 8

I’m a MAN! Bronzer makes me wanna PUKE!
Hey Hairgel, it’s November…quit with the fake-bake.
You’re now more orange than your shirt.

Sugar Daddy T Booger Pickens……Originality: 3

HaaHaaah you old jock-sniffing fool…when will you learn that, with the possible exception of George Steinbrenner, success and tradition cannot be purchased. Money will not “resurrect” your program. For a Program to be resurrected, it has to have actually been a program to begin with. They couldn’t fill the stadium before you came along. What makes you think a fresh coat of paint and some bricks will put butts in the seats? That is the epitome of O-State football – a Façade of a real Program. Some of those poor aggie fans have been tricked into actually thinking they’re just like OU now.

Kinda looks like a program….smells like a…..well…it smells like somethin’ in Stoolwater.

Keep pretending little brother.

Jimminy Crimson
11/26/2008, 04:27 PM
The Lady Elaine comment... LOL, literally!

Taxman71
11/26/2008, 04:48 PM
it just sounds like T-Boone has a bad case of the walking farts!

Very bad visual right there.

85sooners
11/26/2008, 04:52 PM
:texan:

SoonerLB
11/26/2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah,................ but,..................... they never saw a sheep they couldn't help through a fence! The rumor that they stole that from Texas was never confirmed since no witnesses from that area ever confessed.......... er....... came forward........ er.......... well, you know what I mean.

SoonerBacker
11/26/2008, 05:12 PM
Didn't they steal their Spirit Rider from Tech's Red Raider, too? I seem to remember that they introduced Spirit Rider right after they played Tech in a bowl game or something. Back before the Big XII was formed, of course.

The amazing thing is that the pukes claim that they're the ones who invented every one of these "traditions." I still remember the first time I asked one of them why they were waving their arms after a score. They did not know. Couldn't explain it at all. Of course, that was back in the early 90s. Maybe they've figured it out by now.

seaquesix
11/27/2008, 12:11 PM
need to update the list...

the horse and rider stolen from tech and Wyoming had the cowboy mascot first

Flagstaffsooner
11/27/2008, 12:26 PM
And the Alan Parson's Project

I wouldn't want to be like aggie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pen4dMAv7zY)

MichiganSooner
11/27/2008, 01:22 PM
They criticize us because our song Boomer Sooner was a Yale fight song and the ending comes from North Carolina. In other words, we stole our fight song.
I have always wondered who wrote their fight songs? Anyone know? Or care?

seaquesix
11/27/2008, 11:18 PM
Combination of Yale's Boola Boola & NC's I'm a tarheel born

Mixer!
11/28/2008, 05:57 PM
You forgot about "The Walk" they do from the student union to the stadium. Started by :les: and stolen from several SEC teams.

Charla
11/28/2008, 07:13 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the aggies were holding up 45-35 signs tomorrow night.