PDA

View Full Version : With a JINX in mind..I have a question about KC hotels.

SwitzerIsMyKing
11/26/2008, 03:46 PM
I don't want to jinx it but I'd like to go ahead and reserve a room JUST in case we make it to Kansas City. My question is, Where is the best area to stay? I will be taking my 10 year old daughter and don't need a lot of bar life etc.

colleyvillesooner
11/26/2008, 03:50 PM
We stay in overland park. Had our room since last year. :D

Jimminy Crimson
11/26/2008, 04:22 PM
If you can get somewhere around the Plaza, do it.

A lot of restaurants and you can let her do a little Christmas shopping.

SwitzerIsMyKing
11/26/2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys. I hope we get to go.

bluedogok
11/26/2008, 09:09 PM
There is a Holiday Inn across the street from the Truman Sports Complex, nice not to have to deal with parking issues but there probably aren't any vacancies. Somewhere downtown or the Plaza area is nice.

oumartin
11/26/2008, 09:15 PM
just drive up and back on same day and avoid the room

cheezyq
11/26/2008, 09:31 PM
Either the Plaza or the Metcalf/I-435 area in Overland Park. The Plaza has more shopping, but the Overland Park area is probably a bit more convenient.

A not-so-well-known, growing area that might be a little quieter and will provide both convenience and shopping is the Legends out by the race track in Kansas City, Kansas. There's a Holiday Inn Express and a couple of other close places to stay. Heck, if you want to spend some money, too, they have the Great Wolf Lodge, which is quite expensive, but includes an indoor water park.

KC//CRIMSON
11/26/2008, 09:33 PM
I don't want to jinx it but I'd like to go ahead and reserve a room JUST in case we make it to Kansas City. My question is, Where is the best area to stay? I will be taking my 10 year old daughter and don't need a lot of bar life etc.

Overland Park or The Plaza area. Do yourself a favor and take the shuttle to the stadium.:cool:

http://www.kcata.org/Big12.html

My Opinion Matters
11/26/2008, 10:00 PM
There's a Drury Inn on the other side of the expressway from the sports complex. Probably 1/3rd of a mile walk tops. It's nice enough, and not expensive.

MyT Oklahoma
11/26/2008, 11:24 PM
Any where around The Plaza in KC MO is good. Any where in Johnson County (Overland Park.. Lenexa.. Olathe.. Leawood.. Shawnee.. Prairie Village.. Roeland Park.. Mission or Merriam) is good. Any where around The Kansas Speedway in Wyandotte KS is good. Do not go any where near downtown Kansas City KS.

If the Sooners make it to the CCG.. I'll be there too.

Sooner24
11/27/2008, 12:55 AM
There's a Drury Inn on the other side of the expressway from the sports complex. Probably 1/3rd of a mile walk tops. It's nice enough, and not expensive.

I stayed there a couple of times when it was The Adam's Mark.

I would stay in OP around Metcalf/I-435 area too.

MichiganSooner
11/27/2008, 07:34 PM
Overland Park, KS would be best for your situation. In 2003, there was a shuttle bus starting from a strip shopping center in OP to the stadium at a reasonable cost. I found out about it by googling the Big 12 Conference. Lots of restaurants for breakfast near the motels/hotels and plenty of shopping and other hangouts for a Dad and his baby girl.