PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Excellent Recruits Saw Us Destroy Tech...A

noobalicious
11/26/2008, 01:21 PM
Apparently there were quite a few VIPs at the Tech game. I'll start off by mentioning I saw reps from the Orange Bowl, and what appeared to be a couple reps from two other BCS bowls. I also saw at least 3 pro scouts, 2 appeared to be from the Colts and Falcons.

Beyond that, there were quite a few highly touted recruits, and some of them had some good things to say:

JUCO OL 4-star James Carpenter:
"Phil Loadholt was my host and I just took a tour of everything and went to the game. The game was crazy and I really liked the game. The atmosphere at the game was crazy. It was the best I have ever seen for a football game."

2010 QB Prospect Blake Bell 6’6", 215, 4.7
"It was awesome and a great atmosphere. I doubt that any team in the country can hang with OU’s atmosphere. OU is just huge and I can tell they have really hit the weight room hard. It was awesome..."

JUCO WR 4-star Tyrece Gaines
"It was great and it was just the great atmosphere that was there. All the players made me feel at home and it was just fantastic. It was great."

DT Chris Henderson from Dallas Carter
--Preface: He wanted to see the love and see an awesome atmosphere. He's listed as committed to A&M on Scout, but perhaps we're still making a run at him...
"Man that was live and the best game I have every been to. That was incredible! The visit and the atmosphere around the game were all live."

Also word that 5-star recruits WR Reuben Randle and DT Jamarkus McFarland were in the house. No quotes that I could find from them, so they must be keeping it pretty close to the vest. Word is that we're in Randle's top 5 and McFarland has it down to us and Texas.

Just a general FYI and kind of an eye-opener as to what the fans can do when they create a great game atmosphere!

vigilantesooner
11/26/2008, 01:27 PM
That game has to be the best recruiting tool we've had in several years, who wouldn't want to be a part of that??

BermudaSooner
11/26/2008, 01:47 PM
The visit and the atmosphere around the game were all live."

Presumably this is a good thing? Reminds me of when Tommie Harris called Stoops "crunk."

noobalicious
11/26/2008, 01:49 PM
P.S. Apparently Gerald McCoy loves us:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082808aae.html

Gerald is one of my favorite Sooners...nice to see him giving the fans their props.

boomersooner28
11/26/2008, 02:45 PM

Gerald is one of my favorite Sooners...nice to see him giving the fans their props.

Good post. Spek!

Fiatil
11/26/2008, 02:50 PM

I still remember watching my high school team play The Fightin' Gerald McCoys my sophomore year when he was a Senior. Nothing beats watching him destroy my friends on the o-line and making our quarterback cry.

Boomer38Sooner
11/26/2008, 02:50 PM
I hope that James Carpenter commits. I looked at him on Scout.com and he looks gigantic and like a potential starter next year maybe

rainiersooner
11/26/2008, 03:20 PM
Great interview with Gerald McCoy!!!

Looks like we're shaping up to have a good recruiting class.