PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Football Forum!..your Turkey Day football schedule

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2008, 11:26 AM
I know its tomorrow but I'd like to say it today...Its been a good season. I can't believe its almost over. Thanks to all the new guys who have showed up. Anyway your viewing schedule tomorrow:

Tennessee Titans at Detroit Lions
at 12:30 (EST) on CBS
Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys
at 4:15 (EST) on FOX
Arizona Cardinals at Philadelphia Eagles
at 8:15 (EST) on NFL Network

Texas A&M at Texas Longhorns
at 8:10 (EST) on ESPN

Fast Facts
1.Watching football on Thanksgiving is considered a traditional activity for many families

2.Pro football games on Thanksgiving began in 1920

3.The Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys host games on Thanksgiving every year

4.The Dallas Cowboys have played every Thanksgiving since 1966

5.NFL's series of Thanksgiving day games known as the "Thanksgiving Classic"

Thanksgiving Football Tradition
The tradition of pro football being played on Thanksgiving started in 1920. The Detroit Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving since 1925. As of 2008, only six NFL teams had never played on Thanksgiving, including the New Orleans Saints, the Cincinnati Bengals and the Carolina Panthers.

Hot Rod
11/26/2008, 11:35 AM
Go Titans, Cowboys, and Aggies!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2008, 12:04 PM
Well I need a big day from the Titan D, Larry Fitzgerald..and an atm win wouldn't hurt either!

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/26/2008, 12:09 PM
On Fox Sports Oklahoma (Cox Ch.37/722HD):

11:00am - 2001: Oklahoma State at Oklahoma

1:00pm - 2002: Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

7:00pm - 2006: Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

Flagstaffsooner
11/26/2008, 12:09 PM
6. ut and aTm are both turkeys.

1890MilesToNorman
11/26/2008, 12:29 PM
How long do I cook a 1000 pound longhorn? we decided to do something different this year for Thanksgiving. I know to preheat the oven but after that I'm just winging it.

Blues1
11/26/2008, 12:37 PM
Everybody have a "Rockin' Good Time Thanksgiving "

I will see you later Thursday night Talkin' bout A&M upset over texass ---- :)

God Bless to All ~~~ !

bluedogok
11/26/2008, 01:15 PM
We will be watching at Texas Stadium, Section 3.

King Crimson
11/26/2008, 01:19 PM
#5. is a real brainbuster. "NFL's series of Thanksgiving day games known as the "Thanksgiving Classic". maybe they'll be some awesome graphics of robots shredding on guitars made of turkey.

the NFL sucks, especially on Turkey Day. these games are always blowouts. and the NFL sucks.

vigilantesooner
11/26/2008, 01:36 PM
How long do I cook a 1000 pound longhorn? we decided to do something different this year for Thanksgiving. I know to preheat the oven but after that I'm just winging it.

It's big this year to brine your turkey. So first brine the Longhorn in the salty tears of Mack Brown (if you're baking Mack, he's already brined himself for you). Don't forget to shove a thermometer up his @ss. Instead of using a thermometer that lists temperature use one that lists Sunday's probable BCS standings. When the thermometer hits the BCS #3, the Longhorn is done.

1890MilesToNorman
11/26/2008, 01:50 PM
It's big this year to brine your turkey. So first brine the Longhorn in the salty tears of Mack Brown (if you're baking Mack, he's already brined himself for you). Don't forget to shove a thermometer up his @ss. Instead of using a thermometer that lists temperature use one that lists Sunday's probable BCS standings. When the thermometer hits the BCS #3, the Longhorn is done.

BCS Thermometer? That longhorn butt ain't big enough for one of them! :D

JLEW1818
11/26/2008, 01:58 PM
Think I'll wake up about 10. Eat at noon, watch first half of the cowboy game, take a quick power nap, and then wake up and watch the aggies.

TUSooner
11/26/2008, 02:18 PM
One might hope that the dead Lions will stop rotting long enough to make this a game. But it won't happen. On the 5-Turkey scale (more is worse) this game looks like a rock-solid 5 from start to finish

The Seahawks are almost as bad as the dead Lions, plus their uniforms are maximum fail. Cowboy fans will enjoy the romp until even they get bored early in the 3rd Quarter. It will be a 1-turkey game at worst for Cowboy fans but another Fiver for the rest of the Nation.

(Lions vs Seahawks might have been a slightly better match up - 3 or 4 turkeys - and a handful of fans might even have been able to work up a tiny interest in hoping for Detroit to get off the schneid.)

With pure subjectivity, I give this game no more than 1 turkey because I like Kurt Warner, I have always liked the Cardinals (especially the St. Louis ones), and I would greatly enjoy seeing the Eagles implode.

This game will be turkey free as long as aTm has a chance to win. But rivalry-schmivalry - This will probably be a 5-bird affair by half time.

Anyway, it's still football on Thanksgiving Day, and even if the games turn out to be lousy, you must agree we have much to be thankful for.
So Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :D :D :D

TUSooner
11/26/2008, 02:35 PM
#5. is a real brainbuster. "NFL's series of Thanksgiving day games known as the "Thanksgiving Classic". maybe they'll be some awesome graphics of robots shredding on guitars made of turkey.

the NFL sucks, especially on Turkey Day. these games are always blowouts. and the NFL sucks.

But what do you think of the NFL? :D
I agree it's repulsive in many ways, especially with all the talking jiving blabbing horse-laughing ex-jocks and other assorted bimbos (& robots & other graphics) taking a virtual dysentery-like crap all over every broadcast. Plus, many of the players are greedy, self-obsessed scum.

And yet...it's football, so I love it anyway. :)

swardboy
11/26/2008, 04:06 PM

Which game has the most impact on our BCS rating?

:gary:

TUSooner
11/27/2008, 05:26 PM
Tennessee Titans 47
Detroit Lions 10
The dead Lions' decomposition continues.

The Seahawks are almost as bad as the dead Lions, plus their uniforms are maximum fail. Cowboy fans will enjoy the romp until even they get bored early in the 3rd Quarter. It will be a 1-turkey game at worst for Cowboy fans but another Fiver for the rest of the Nation.

(Lions vs Seahawks might have been a slightly better match up - 3 or 4 turkeys - and a handful of fans might even have been able to work up a tiny interest in hoping for Detroit to get off the schneid.)

With pure subjectivity, I give this game no more than 1 turkey because I like Kurt Warner, I have always liked the Cardinals (especially the St. Louis ones), and I would greatly enjoy seeing the Eagles implode.

This game will be turkey free as long as aTm has a chance to win. But rivalry-schmivalry - This will probably be a 5-bird affair by half time.

Anyway, it's still football on Thanksgiving Day, and even if the games turn out to be lousy, you must agree we have much to be thankful for.
So Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2008, 06:36 PM
Which game has the most impact on our BCS rating?

:gary:

If VY or Chrissy would have played and scored, and if the Cowboys put away the Sick Birds, Uterus fans will try to parlay those into BCS votes:D

TUSooner
11/27/2008, 09:03 PM
It's a Thanksgiving Football Succtacle!!
Tennessee Titans 47
Detroit Lions 10
The Lions qre just too dreadful to watch. It's too bad they could only fire Matt Millen once.

Seattle Seahawks 9 at Dallas Cowboys 34
Cowboy fans rejoice; everybody else sticks a plate of leftovers in the microwave or has thirds on dessert.
Seahawks = poop

Arizona Cardinals 0 at Philadelphia Eagles 21 (so far)
Another blow-out in the works. Not much here unless you are a Philly fan

Texas A&M 0 at Texas Longhorns 14 (so far)
Theoretically, aTm still has a slim chance to win!
Is it wrong to wish for someone to crush Colt McCoy's face?

bluedogok
11/27/2008, 10:26 PM
For awhile the Cowboys game looked like it might end up like the OU-Tech game, to which my wife said "I like this game better than Saturday's..." and I told her that I didn't :D