PDA

View Full Version : The Sooners cant just beat OSU

MamaMia
11/25/2008, 03:51 PM
We have to beat them bad. There is no other option.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 03:53 PM
Actually your wrong. If we won by 1 point it would not matter in the computers. Voters yes? But whats more impressive for voters, Texas killing the aggies at home?? Or OU winning against number 12 on the road?

OKLA21FAN
11/25/2008, 03:53 PM
nahhh...just win by a FG or so

after all, its not like the Sooners are playing @ home!!!! :pop:

cvsooner
11/25/2008, 03:57 PM
Beating them badly would only help us. I think we just have to win, though, on national TV.

Reputation does count for something. We're ranked # 1 and #5 beats us and moves to #1. #1 Texas loses to #5 Tech (I think they were five) and they only move to #2. Think about that for a minute.

Chrisrokc
11/25/2008, 04:10 PM
We have to beat them bad. There is no other option.

Nah, as long as we win we are good. The computers don't even have A&M on the radar. They have OSU. We are playing away. Texas is playing at home. Thats all the computer cares about. The human voters should also take that into account, so we won't lose any votes, only gain.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 04:17 PM
exactly

MamaMia
11/25/2008, 04:23 PM
I shall rephrase this:

I have to share my little town with lots of very loud and obnoxious, orange attired, goat humping, rodeo loving, smelly boot stomping, OU hating osu guys and their hillbilly hair style wearing cousin/wives... therefore we have to beat them bad for my sake.

BillyBall
11/25/2008, 04:24 PM
I shall rephrase this:

I have to share my little town with lots of very loud and obnoxious, orange attired, goat humping, rodeo loving, smelly boot stomping, OU hating osu guys and their hillbilly hair style wearing cousin/wives... therefore we have to beat them bad for my sake.

See now thats perfectly fair...

oupride
11/25/2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think I agree with this. OSU is a ranked team. Texas did not play a ranked team on the road, unless you count the RRR somehow as a road game. BTW how do the computers treat a neutral field? Is that factored into the equation somehow? Does anyone know?

vigilantesooner
11/25/2008, 04:46 PM
This ain't Baylor or AtM we're playing here, any win is a very, very good win. Maybe we need a big win just to solidify it, but any win will be good enough. There is practically no such thing as a bad win here.

OUHOMER
11/25/2008, 05:17 PM
I shall rephrase this:

I understand where you are coming from and you are absolutely correct.
This ain't about the BCS, we need to beat them bad just for general purposes. Do you guys realize what we would have to listen too if they win, or even come close. It will be unbearable.

mjhurani
11/25/2008, 05:18 PM
I am hearing that all we have to do is win the game in Stoolwater, even by 1 pt, and the computers will jump us over tex-***. Remember, margin of victory is no longer a factor in the computers, but the human polls might look at it. We are ahead of Texas in both human polls, so I don't think they'll dock us for winning a tough road game.

Anyhow, let's not worry about the BCS until after Saturday. Let's stay positive because we are favored to beat OSU. We have the better offense, probably the better defense, and at least equal special teams that have been improving every week. We should win this game. Remember, Tex Tech scored 56 on these guys and only 14 legitimate pts on us. The last TD was garbage time so in my mind we shut down Tex Tech like no other team has.

Hopefully the pundits I am listening to are correct that if we beat OSU by even 1 pt then we pass tex-*** in the BCS and that will be that. Then we go to KC and kick Mizzu's *** and we are golden.

MamaMia
11/25/2008, 05:27 PM
Will all of you BCS equating people please stop hijacking my osu-hate thread?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/Thisthreadishijacked-1.jpg

BermudaSooner
11/25/2008, 05:34 PM
I don't think I agree with this. OSU is a ranked team. Texas did not play a ranked team on the road, unless you count the RRR somehow as a road game. BTW how do the computers treat a neutral field? Is that factored into the equation somehow? Does anyone know?

The computers do take into account where you play. In fact Sagarin has an adjustment to the ratings for predicting an individual game based upon where it is play. For a neutral sight, this factor is just 0.

So, OU beating OSU in Stillwater is worth more than Texas beating OSU at home. Although, one of the computers uses the "rank" of the team when you play them rather than their final rank. So in that computer Texas gets more points for beating an undefeated #8?? OSU than OU gets for beating #12 (or whatever they are ranked in that poll) OSU.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 05:46 PM
Listen to Bermuda he knows his stuff.

olevetonahill
11/25/2008, 06:01 PM
I shall rephrase this:

Ill buy That ;)
But other wise we beat ags On the road we've done what No ther Team in the Big 12 S has done .
Beat a top Ranked team ON the Road .;)

Explodo
11/25/2008, 06:55 PM
Listen to Bermuda he knows his stuff.

He's pre-law...Pre-med...it doesn't matter.

noobalicious
11/25/2008, 07:55 PM
Winning by a little leaves room for doubt. In the event of an upset of Alabama or Florida, doubt is the last thing we need.

Winning by a ton makes it two weeks in a row, against #2 and #12, at home and on the road. And by doing that we prove that we deserve it.

:mack: THE DIFFERENCE IS WHETHER ANY VOTERS GET SWAYED BY MY POLITIKIN!!!

Iam4OUru
11/25/2008, 07:58 PM
nahhh...just win by a FG or so

after all, its not like the Sooners are playing @ home!!!! :pop:

Or, anything under 7 points.;)

NCSooner18
11/25/2008, 08:02 PM
In addition, if I am not mistaken, a late victory counts more than an earlier one. Seems I heard one "expert" say that.

A Sooner in Texas
11/25/2008, 11:51 PM
[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] Will ya'll just listen to Mama, please?

Beat the ever-lovin' **** outta the sheep-pokers!!!!1!!!1111!!!11!!!

MamaMia
11/26/2008, 12:52 PM
[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] Will ya'll just listen to Mama, please?

Beat the ever-lovin' **** outta the sheep-pokers!!!!1!!!1111!!!11!!!

YEAH! Thats what I'm talkin' about :D

stoopified
11/26/2008, 05:04 PM
I shall rephrase this:

I have to share my little town with lots of very loud and obnoxious, orange attired, goat humping, rodeo loving, smelly boot stomping, OU hating osu guys and their hillbilly hair style wearing cousin/wives... therefore we have to beat them bad for my sake.You live in Ponca City too? :)

I'm glad my wife and I are moving away from this Cowpuke loving fleaspeck.

1890MilesToNorman
11/26/2008, 05:12 PM
I think we not only beat them on the road but we drive over them a couple times for good measure. That'l teach them Aggie's not to hitch hike.

The CSI team is gonna have to get some DNA evidence on this one. Dental records ain't gonna work.

Wishboned
11/26/2008, 05:30 PM
Mama is right. It's not just about the BCS. It's about OSU having the best team they've had in a few years, but having the attitude that they're a football powerhouse.

Beating the ever loving crap out of them will remind them of who the real powerhouse is.

I want stunned aggie looks on every Poke fan in attendance. I want Poke players filling out organ donor cards on the sidelines. I want a priest there giving them last rites. I want T Boone driving to the airport by the middle of the second quarter.

I want OSU to be beat like they stole something.

oubose
11/26/2008, 09:51 PM
Beat them with some style, go old school and lets run the score up on them. He** since we can't watch from inside the stadium, sou will at least here us outside. Give sou a no pride night like we gave nebraska! GO SOONERS!!!

sendbaht
11/27/2008, 03:24 AM
We ALL know they would run up the score on us if they could. I believe we score everytime we have the ball save one the first 1/2...42OU 10osu at 1/2 time. Then the next 1/2 no letting up. NONE!!!!

No letting up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say...

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2008, 04:57 AM

Too many of you sports fans don't know how to do this. If you have to work with people who root for a rival, you want to barely beat the rival, especially on a fluke play or a bad call.

Then for the rest of the week, you claim how your team crushed theirs. You yell "scoreboard" constantly. When they try to argue, you ask, "What was the final score again? I forget."

You can make life a living Hell for them.

SoonerBacker
11/27/2008, 08:31 AM
I have to work with several sheep-humpers. I've been hearing all season about how they are going to kill us. After our loss in Dallas, one of them gave me an oSuCKS ballcap. Wrote that he thought perhaps I would want to wear a REAL football team's hat now on the d@mn hat. I just wrote oSu still sucks on it and gave it back to him.

Hang half-a-hundred on them by halftime. Then hang another half-a-hundred on them in the second half with the second teamers in. No one left in that sorry excuse for a stadium except the SOONER faithful by the end of the first quarter.