PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be great if we were playing Texas in the Big XII Championship Game?

KingBarry
11/25/2008, 03:29 PM
Wouldn't that be great? It would be one of the premier games of the whole season, and it would remove a big piece of the ambiguity surrounding this year's national title hunt.

Yeah, it's a rematch, but the CCF is often a matchup.

How about we get rid of the North Champ v. the South Champ format, and let the two best teams play?

The North Champ staggers in every year, and the current configuration offers the chance of a significant mismatch every few years.

Why not let the best two teams go at it? I know it will be a challenge to choose the two best, but let's figure something out.

And it's good for TV, which is good for making money, which is the lifeblood of any conference. Win, win, win.

NYC Poke
11/25/2008, 03:35 PM
What will really suck this year is if the Big XII somehow gets left out of the BCS Championship Game.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 03:35 PM
we are 5-1 in the big 12 championship.... I like it how it is.

KingBarry
11/25/2008, 03:38 PM
What will really suck this year is if the Big XII somehow gets left out of the BCS Championship Game.

I think the only way that happens is if we lose to OSU, and Texas loses to Missouri.

So, don't beat us and everything's cool! ;)

NYC Poke
11/25/2008, 03:42 PM
If you lose to us, Tech goes to the CCG. And with a lacklaster performance by Texas at A&M combined with shellackings by Florida or USC (and an OU loss), the Big XII could get left out.

OUTrumpet
11/25/2008, 03:58 PM
I think the only way that happens is if we lose to OSU, and Texas loses to Missouri.

So, don't beat us and everything's cool! ;)

If we lose to Okie State, Texas can't go. It will be a two way tie with Texas and Tech.

KingBarry
11/25/2008, 04:08 PM
If you lose to us, Tech goes to the CCG. And with a lacklaster performance by Texas at A&M combined with shellackings by Florida or USC (and an OU loss), the Big XII could get left out.

That's fine. Just don't beat us.

You went to OSU. You're not supposed to be so quick.:D